Anyone cruising May 8, 2004 Western?

Hello all, we are from Southeast Iowa and will going on our first DC on May 8th. Myself, wife and two Daughters 9 and 10 will be going. It's my daughters B-day present, on is in April the other May. The ages are their cruising ages.

We will go on the cruise and then spend a few days in DW...We can't wait. Would love to meet other people while on the cruise.

Welcome!! Hope we can arrange something to all meet up on the cruise! ::MinnieMo
The kids I am bringing are far from the ages of yours though...I am bringing a 4 year old and a almost 15 year old... we are also goign on the cruise then striaght to Disney for 2 days!

Welcome to all the new posters, glad you found this thread.
We will have a DD7 with us.

For those of you staying at the Radisson the night before, have you signed up for the shuttle yet? I thought it was too early but by the sounds of things now would be the time to do it.

We are just about at the 60 day mark, never thought we would get there. Now is the exciting time, waiting for those Docs, another 30 or so days should do it.

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We are staying at the Raddison but I don't think we are goingto take the shuttle...we debated about it and I think I will just dirve and pay to park our rental car there...we want to get off the ship and at Magic Kingdom as soon as possible and to have to wait for a shuttle or taxi to take us back to the hotel after the cruise would be wasting time I think. You should call the Raddisson, did you see the other trhread where some people had to upgrade to the cruise package to be able to book the shuttle?

Hi aprilgail2, yes, I did see that thread.

I will be calling the Radisson today because I went on their site to check on my reservation and it says there isn't one. When I call to check what the problem may be I am going to get the shuttle ressies at the same time hopefully. I will upgrade if I have to.

Sounds like you have a good plan to me. I would want to get over to Disney quickly also if I were going. This trip I am going right home after the cruise but I don't mind because I will be at Fort Wilderness the first week in December.

Originally posted by DisneyForLife
Welcome to all the new posters, glad you found this thread.
We will have a DD7 with us.

For those of you staying at the Radisson the night before, have you signed up for the shuttle yet? I thought it was too early but by the sounds of things now would be the time to do it.

We are just about at the 60 day mark, never thought we would get there. Now is the exciting time, waiting for those Docs, another 30 or so days should do it.

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
I called Radisson last night and put our name on a shuttle list. Apparently it's not too early.

I called this morning and was told they did not do that anymore, I would have to wait till I got there. I will call back tonight when I am sure there will have been a shift change and hopefully I can make a ressie then. It makes a difference who you talk to I guess.

I think it should be consistent though. You would think that all the employees would know the policy of the hotel.

Oh well, I am sure one of these times I will get someone who will help me. The funny thing is I don't even want an early shuttle but I don't want to be stuck there till 1 either.

Originally posted by DisneyForLife
I called this morning and was told they did not do that anymore, I would have to wait till I got there.
I think it should be consistent though. You would think that all the employees would know the policy of the hotel.
I agree. When I called last night, I asked if 'it was possible' I could put my name on a shuttle list. She asked what cruise I was taking, my name and the time preference we wanted. I still plan on checking as soon as we check in to make sure we're on some kind of list or wait list....or whatever they're doing at that time:confused:

Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a while as i gather information for our first Disney Cruise! I just wanted to come out and say HI! I will be cruising with my wonderful dh, dd (7) and ds (5). We are doing a big 10 yr Anniv trip, starting with a week at DW (staying at the Swan), followed by the cruise. We booked a vow renewal, and i was wondering if anyone out there was doing the same?

Welcome bulacat. Sounds like you have a great vacation planned. You will have a Magical time on your first cruise. Isn't it more fun posting than lurking?
No renewal of vows here, my husband is not cruising with me this time. We are four adults with an 8 year old girl. Maybe she will meet up with your daughter. It is nice if the kids have a friend to go to the clubs with, especially that first day.

Originally posted by OurDogCisco
OMGOSH!!! we are totally neighbors. How funny. We'll be traveling with dh's aunt, uncle & niece. I think, his niece will be almost 11 so, close in age with your dd. How exciting.... Hopefully, we won't be too noisy for you all. Just joking.... I can't wait to meet you and your family.

Tina

How fun! Yes, my dd will be almost 11 too! Maybe they'll hang out together.

Haven't been around much on these boards. Feel like I'm out of the loop! Just have been SOOOOO busy! Can't wait for a week to kick back and forget real life!

About DIS meets.....We will most likely be at the Mickey pool from Embarkation until the life boat drill. That has been, in the past, a nice place to meet because the kids can be occupied in the pool and aren't upset that you're dragging them away from the fun to meet "strangers!"

Just a thought! :)

Originally posted by bulacat
Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a while as i gather information for our first Disney Cruise! I just wanted to come out and say HI! I will be cruising with my wonderful dh, dd (7) and ds (5). We are doing a big 10 yr Anniv trip, starting with a week at DW (staying at the Swan), followed by the cruise. We booked a vow renewal, and i was wondering if anyone out there was doing the same?
Hi bulacat! Sounds like a wonderful vacation you have planned! DH and I will be celebrating our Anniversary too!! I will be cruising with my DH, DS (who will be 7 when we cruise) and DD who is 4:D

How exciting! We will be celebrating our anniversary too (11 years), but no renewal of vows. We have a DS, 5, and DD, 5. It would be great to meet with everyone so that they can meet up with some other kids around their age. My son will make friends with anyone, but my daughter is a little more shy. I was planning on trying to spend some time at the pool before the lifeboat drill anyway. That sounds like it might be a less busy time for the pool than the rest of the cruise! I can't believe it is getting so close to cruise time! I need to go shopping!

: PoohFan2004

We have a DD5 that will be with us too!
We will probably be at the Mickey Pool right after lunch also - so hopefully we will see you there.
My daughter makes friends fairly easy so hopefully we can meet up and they can get to know each other before the club!

On our last land/sea vacation we happen to meet a couple with a daughter the same age at the Polynesian. They also went on the cruise and my daughter loved having a "pal"!

I need to go to Home Depot for my lime green Mickey's so I can be identified as a diser!! :earsboy:

Originally posted by DreaminDisney
I will be cruising with my DH, DS (who will be 7 when we cruise) and DD who is 4:D

My daughter is 4 too...I am hoping she meets some kids her age before going to the club so she won't be scared walking in to a room full of strange kids....

Hey, there actually is a thread for our May 8th Magic cruise. I think I have been told this a number of times but being the forum neophyte I am it took a miss click to stumble onto the thread. Hi all, great to finally find you. Two questions, are there any 7-year-old DDs cruising -- my 7-year-old DD asked if she is going to make any new friends? Also, any 4-year-old dinosaur-loving DSs cruising to discuss paleontology with my 4-year-old paleontologist?:crazy:

Hi Goofyguy, welcome to our thread. I'm glad you found us. We will have an 8 yr old DD. That's close enough, they will be in the same group. It is always good to have a friend before going into the clubs for the first time. Hopefully we will get a dis meet going and they can meet.

Have not received my excurion info but did call my TA to book the excursions we alrady had planned as we are now 60 days out. - Getting anxious in California. BTW we have a DS6 who is interested in dinosaurs. - Mike

Hey guys, when do you usually get the excursion packet? I can't contain the excitement and need to do some more planning. My daughter and I already are planning on parasailing and snorkeling. What can I do with DS:crazy: . Also, must have adult excursions for me and DW.Any suggestions for Cozamel?: :jumping1::Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter