Anyone check into WDW resort TODAY

We arrive 11/6 so we are also hoping for the same! We are park hoppers so being able to pull regular FP's later in the day will be great! I was annoyed when I heard we would not be able to. We actually do use more than 3 FP's per day, especially since we are anticipating it being a little more crowded when we are there.

:thumbsup2

This is such a hot topic, I thought we might hear from more guests who have been arriving on site in the last few days, lol! I'm sure most are just having fun, but would still like to hear from more dissers on this situation. CM"s tell me that KTTW cards will still continue to be available as long as testing continues, until full rollout, and will be able to pull FP-, but better to hear from on site guests first hand to either confirm this or not. :goodvibes

We are checking out today and we were able to pull double FP. Nothing has changed about that since we were here in august. The weather has been great and crowds lower than the last couple weeks. Enjoy your stays everyone!

We are at BWV and got KTTW but are not using it to get FP and won't.
We were told it was a back up but when we went out without MB we could not get back into our room with the KTTW? and everything had to be reset and told not to use it to get into room again??? so why give it to anyone. But they also said they were going away so you will be forced to carry those MB everywhere with you...

We are checking out today and we were able to pull double FP. Nothing has changed about that since we were here in august. The weather has been great and crowds lower than the last couple weeks. Enjoy your stays everyone!

Yes, from what I read here last week, the crowds are much lower this week! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 We are certainly happy about that. The Epcot F&W seems to bring out a lot of the locals probably depending on which band is playing at ETTB. But we were there last evening and didn't find even that too overwhelming. We were at DHS yesterday a.m. & were walking on most things (except TSM which I believe was a 55 min wait when we got there around 10 a.m.). The FP+ for TSM was a super bonus for us. We also used FP+ effectively for Star Tours. All of our FP+ experiences have been TRUE fastpasses, meaning that we virtually walked all the way in to the ride with it. In the past TSM has blended the FP line area before going up the stairs, where you continue to have to stand in a line. This time we walked quickly through up the stairs and down again and then waited through appx 3 groups before riding. MAJOR surprise to the upside. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

pixiedust:

Yes, from what I read here last week, the crowds are much lower this week! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 We are certainly happy about that. The Epcot F&W seems to bring out a lot of the locals probably depending on which band is playing at ETTB. But we were there last evening and didn't find even that too overwhelming. We were at DHS yesterday a.m. & were walking on most things (except TSM which I believe was a 55 min wait when we got there around 10 a.m.). The FP+ for TSM was a super bonus for us. We also used FP+ effectively for Star Tours. All of our FP+ experiences have been TRUE fastpasses, meaning that we virtually walked all the way in to the ride with it. In the past TSM has blended the FP line area before going up the stairs, where you continue to have to stand in a line. This time we walked quickly through up the stairs and down again and then waited through appx 3 groups before riding. MAJOR surprise to the upside. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

pixiedust:

Yeah this week is a far cry from the last 2 weeks , we arrived Oct 16 and we walked on no rides with FP there were lines. At TSM last week at 9:10 there was a long line to even get FP and the Stand by line was 105 and not moving. We left and there were lines at bot RNR and TOT , but could get a FP if you wanted for a good time.

This is such a hot topic, I thought we might hear from more guests who have been arriving on site in the last few days, lol! I'm sure most are just having fun, but would still like to hear from more dissers on this situation. CM"s tell me that KTTW cards will still continue to be available as long as testing continues, until full rollout, and will be able to pull FP-, but better to hear from on site guests first hand to either confirm this or not. :goodvibes

I'm assuming that no new is good news. This board would have lit up if Disney had really halted the ability to pull FP- with the KTTW card.

I'm assuming that no new is good news. This board would have lit up if Disney had really halted the ability to pull FP- with the KTTW card.

Checked into BC today and received KTTW. Was told MB would not work to get into pool area.

FYI the PM EMH very quiet at Epcot tonight. Walked onto Test Track at 9:15.

T

Thanks. Could you pull FP- with them?

Sorry for the late response. We did not try to pull FP-. Just used FP+. Sometimes today in MK, we just walked right onto attractions without FP at all. Many rides early this evening only had 5 min stand by wait times. And this was not a MNSSHP night.

pixiedust:

I agree. We use FP+ on TSM Monday night -- couldn't believe how fast we were on and off.

For those who say they would not use KTTW b/c they have MB with FP+ (on principle), do you not park hop? :confused3 I just don't think it's fair to those of us who do park hop (and have paid more for that option, by the way) to be limited to only 3 FP+ in ONLY ONE park. It really limits our ability to do the things we want AND park hop if we can't pull paper for the other park. (Which has not been a problem, but I am a little bit weary of hearing people say that using the KTTW to pull paper is "double dipping" because it is really not.) Another limitation of the Magic Bands is that you HAVE to pull 3 FP+ at a time. You can't just do 1 or 2, you MUST choose 3. So, even if I know I can't make it to all 3, I am still forced to book them. So far, that particular aspect of FP+ is very limiting and a bit frustrating... and I am sure that has something to do with why all the FP are out so early in the day.

OK... climibing down off soap box. :duck:

Overall I am really LOVING the MB experience. I have carried my iPhone everywhere with me, and it has been very handy for changing FP+ times (if possible) and showing a CM in case MB don't want to work. We have only had that happen a couple of times in 3 days and we have been in 3 parks, eaten 6 times on the DDP, done snacks at EPCOT F&W, bought souvenirs, entered 2 parks/day, entered our hotel rooms multiple times, etc. That's a LOT of use of the MB with not many problems. :thumbsup2

If anyone has any ?s about any of this stuff, I'd be glad to try to answer.

pixiedust:

Checked into AKL today. We received KTTW cards with our customized MBs. KTTW card did allow us to pull a FP in MK for Buzz. We really didn't need the FP- we just checked to see if it still worked. The waits weren't bad today and I hope that trend continues for a few days... :goodvibes

During our recent stay while at AK and riding Everest we were denied a traditional Fastpass when we used our KTTW or Annual Pass.

We were issued a ticket that said, this is not a valid Fastpass due to not using this ticket media to enter the park.

We asked the CM about it and they said they were testing the system for when they stop issuing traditional Fastpasses. They let us go on in since it was a test.

For those who say they would not use KTTW b/c they have MB with FP+ (on principle), do you not park hop? :confused3 I just don't think it's fair to those of us who do park hop (and have paid more for that option, by the way) to be limited to only 3 FP+ in ONLY ONE park. It really limits our ability to do the things we want AND park hop if we can't pull paper for the other park. (Which has not been a problem, but I am a little bit weary of hearing people say that using the KTTW to pull paper is "double dipping" because it is really not.) Another limitation of the Magic Bands is that you HAVE to pull 3 FP+ at a time. You can't just do 1 or 2, you MUST choose 3. So, even if I know I can't make it to all 3, I am still forced to book them. So far, that particular aspect of FP+ is very limiting and a bit frustrating... and I am sure that has something to do with why all the FP are out so early in the day.

OK... climibing down off soap box. :duck:

Overall I am really LOVING the MB experience. I have carried my iPhone everywhere with me, and it has been very handy for changing FP+ times (if possible) and showing a CM in case MB don't want to work. We have only had that happen a couple of times in 3 days and we have been in 3 parks, eaten 6 times on the DDP, done snacks at EPCOT F&W, bought souvenirs, entered 2 parks/day, entered our hotel rooms multiple times, etc. That's a LOT of use of the MB with not many problems. :thumbsup2

If anyone has any ?s about any of this stuff, I'd be glad to try to answer.

pixiedust:

I am a MB/FP+ who will not use FP-/KTTW on principal. Yes, we park hop, almost every day. We go typically when it isn't too busy, so never need FP in the morning (hit headliners first), then eat lunch, hang out at the resort...and now will have FP+ to use in the evening. Perfection.

On the days that I havel later morning FP+ scheduled, we have dinners + evening entertainment scheduled (F!, Osborne Lights, EP+Wishes, Illuminations). It all worked out...on paper, that is ;)

I'm a MB/FP+ user who will use FP- on principle as well. That's right, I said will....I didn't leave out any word.

I used more than 3 FPs before the band and as long as everyone else can still use more than 3 FPs, why can't I? I will not grab FPs for things I already have but I will grab FPs for things I don't.

I'm a MB/FP+ user who will use FP- on principle as well. That's right, I said will....I didn't leave out any word.

I used more than 3 FPs before the band and as long as everyone else can still use more than 3 FPs, why can't I? I will not grab FPs for things I already have but I will grab FPs for things I don't.

I could not agree with you more.

I wonder how many people complaining about the MB/Fp+ FP- are the same people who make 3 ADR's for one night.

I could not agree with you more.

I wonder how many people complaining about the MB/Fp+ FP- are the same people who make 3 ADR's for one night.

Yeah. Cuz it's almost the same thing.

Or is there some way of pulling 3 FPs at the same time I'm unaware of?

I don't want to argue right or wrong or should or shouldn't.. it's been done to death.
What I do want to know is how this is going to work come Thanksgiving or Christmas. It's going to be mayhem. If onsite guests all have KTTW cards when the resorts are at capacity and there are tons and tons of offsite guests and AP holders there simply isn't going to be anything left for anyone that can't book fastpass+.

I can not even imagine being there as an offsite guest and not being able to use a single fastpass while others are able to double or triple dip. Or what about all the people who can't add tickets until they get there and therefore can't make advanced reservations?

I don't know if they will change the ability to double dip by then.. but I can only imagine some very ANGRY customers who paid a ton of money for tickets who can't get a fastpass for anything. It will be ugly in my opinion.

The last 2 days of our trip are December 21st and 22nd and that will be when the crowds are pouring in. I booked our fastpass+, will ride what I can standby at rope drop.. and then I am getting the heck out of dodge.

Christmas crowds are bad enough. Hoards of people who are sandwiched together in a park where they can't pull a single fastpass because they are all gone will be a nightmare.
Surely they have some sort of plan for these crowds:worried:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter