Anyone check into WDW resort TODAY

The only problem is that the item said that SOME guests wouldn't be able to pull fastpasses. Who knows what that means exactly.

From all of the info I have gathered here on the boards... The FP- system is not connected to the FP+ system. The FP- system can be set to verify if whatever media goes into it was used for park entrance or not. When it is turned "off" so to speak, people can use the KTTW cards including old ones that never had tickets attached. It is my unconfirmed thought that if the system gets turned back "on" that people who have FP+ but also an AP or separate ticket like UCT that they may still be able to use that for FP-. What I have not seen confirmed is whether they need to enter the park with the AP or UCT ticket.

Will have live details in a few days and post then.

T

I saw someone who said that she was a cast member post that she will be testing on October 30 by using only FP+ with no access to FP-. This CM thought that they might be starting with CM's but again who knows?

Ok been here for 10days they gave us a KTTW at check in.. and MB. Went off property today and was not going to wear a MB out in the real world. Left them in the room. Oh staying at BWV Got back to room and tried to use KTTW would not work....walk down to check in desk Takes 2 CM to come down hall get us into room. Told not to use the DTTW and happen to mention that soon they will not give them out? If they do not work(which I think they did at first)why do they give them too you... and I am not going to use it for FP because that is not what it is for and others will be hurt.
Oh and it was like yes you are going to have to use them......my interpretation so we know where you are at every minute of your trip...really creepy if you ask me..:)

Checked into Poly today and got KTTW for each of us. We didn't ask, they just gave them to us. We so have MB.

Subbing in, we are checking in to Pop in 10 days. I got Magic bands and fp+ the other 7 members of my party do not. So I really want an idea of whats happening.

The rumor is that if you request a KTTW card as back up, they will still give you one, but it won't work in FP- machines. Still waiting to see what's actually happening

I hope so, not worried about it working for FP's as we have never used FP ever and might have if the FP+ worked for us which it didn't. We tour "old style " flying by the seat of our pants no line or short line we go otherwise we bypass but it would have been nice to have had the option instead of being shut out.

The non-rocket scientist in me thinks it will be pretty obvious that the first resorts that tested the Billion Dollar Bands will be the first to be weaned off the KTTW card that works with the better FP machines.

The rumor was this was to go into effect today. The people that are posting here that they checked in any other time before today aren't really giving us any information we don't already know. So stop doing that! :goodvibes

Here was the list of resorts they started testing the Billion Dollar Bands:

Pop Century
Contemporary
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House
Yacht Club Resort

Art of Animation
Beach Club Resort and Villas
Polynesian
Port Orleans Riverside
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House Villas

Bay Lake Tower
Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village
Port Orleans French Quarter
Grand Floridian
All-Star Movies

All-Star Sports
BoardWalk Inn
BoardWalk Villas
Caribbean Beach

All-Star Music
Coronado Spring
Old Key West
Wilderness Lodge and Villas
Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground
Saratoga Springs.
Grand Floridian Villas

Once again, this is not based on rocket science....or pretty much anything. If you don't count common sense, that is. I would expect that if you were checking into any of those first four listed then you have a higher chance of being one of the "select" few who will get stuck with no opportunity to get a FP from the good FP machines.

I have been looking for this list for a while. Thank u! We check into POP on Nov. 17. Hoping we get to double dip!

The non-rocket scientist in me thinks it will be pretty obvious that the first resorts that tested the Billion Dollar Bands will be the first to be weaned off the KTTW card that works with the better FP machines.

The rumor was this was to go into effect today. The people that are posting here that they checked in any other time before today aren't really giving us any information we don't already know. So stop doing that! :goodvibes

Here was the list of resorts they started testing the Billion Dollar Bands:

Pop Century
Contemporary
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House
Yacht Club Resort

Art of Animation
Beach Club Resort and Villas
Polynesian
Port Orleans Riverside
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House Villas

Bay Lake Tower
Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village
Port Orleans French Quarter
Grand Floridian
All-Star Movies

All-Star Sports
BoardWalk Inn
BoardWalk Villas
Caribbean Beach

All-Star Music
Coronado Spring
Old Key West
Wilderness Lodge and Villas
Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground
Saratoga Springs.
Grand Floridian Villas

Once again, this is not based on rocket science....or pretty much anything. If you don't count common sense, that is. I would expect that if you were checking into any of those first four listed then you have a higher chance of being one of the "select" few who will get stuck with no opportunity to get a FP from the good FP machines.

This makes me nervous as we are staying at Pop in a few weeks. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

Checked into today at the Contemporary. They gave us the KTTW cards without us asking. They did pull fast passes as well. We have the Magic Bands and FastPass+ as well. Lines were great today at MK by the way. I didn't see anything like people have been reporting. We were in Tomorrow Land around 3pm. Space Ranger had a 60 minute wait (the longest wait time we had seen all day), but you could still pull regular fast passes for 4pm!! :) Our Magic Bands worked great as well. No issues. :yay:

Checked into today at the Contemporary. They gave us the KTTW cards without us asking. They did pull fast passes as well. We have the Magic Bands and FastPass+ as well. Lines were great today at MK by the way. I didn't see anything like people have been reporting. We were in Tomorrow Land around 3pm. Space Ranger had a 60 minute wait (the longest wait time we had seen all day), but you could still pull regular fast passes for 4pm!! :) Our Magic Bands worked great as well. No issues. :yay:

Thank you so much for reporting! :)

I liked Mad Hattered's theory but this post possibly foils it, since CR was one of the first to test bands. I'll be keeping an eye out for people who DON'T get KTTW cards after today....

Gee whiz. There have been tons of heated arguments, claiming that DIS'ers in the 'know' have been scurrying around, obsessively grabbing up all of the FP-'s for evil use and scrapbooking...and in turn wrecking havoc on the whole FastPass ecosystem... And we finally, after waiting ALL day, have ONE report about FP- for someone checking in today? I find that so funny. Maybe we really are a small percentage of the daily guests.

I'll patiently wait for more reports. Thank you PP for your report from the Contemporary!! :)

Gee whiz. There have been tons of heated arguments, claiming that DIS'ers in the 'know' have been scurrying around, obsessively grabbing up all of the FP-'s for evil use and scrapbooking...and in turn wrecking havoc on the whole FastPass ecosystem... And we finally, after waiting ALL day, have ONE report about FP- for someone checking in today? I find that so funny. Maybe we really are a small percentage of the daily guests.

I'll patiently wait for more reports. Thank you PP for your report from the Contemporary!! :)

Maybe they are in line at Guest Relations.;) Or....they could be enjoying their vacations and the DIS message board is the last thing they want to think about right now? :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter