Anyone been accepted VERY recently?

I had my phone interview last Monday and got a pending email. Ugh, I know this question has probably been asked plenty; but what exactly does pending mean? And why do some people get it and some not? I mean, some people wait over 7 weeks and don't get anything before their acceptance email, but it seems like I got pended right away. My interviewer seemed positive and I was open to a lot of roles. I also have experience in hospitality and concierge was my first choice with hospitality desk as my second.

My interviewer asked me about attractions even though I didn't mention it and we talked about my experience memorizing scripts for theater.

I'm just so nervous now, I feel like pending means I'm on my way to getting a "no".

I had my phone interview last Monday and got a pending email. Ugh, I know this question has probably been asked plenty; but what exactly does pending mean? And why do some people get it and some not? I mean, some people wait over 7 weeks and don't get anything before their acceptance email, but it seems like I got pended right away. My interviewer seemed positive and I was open to a lot of roles. I also have experience in hospitality and concierge was my first choice with hospitality desk as my second.

My interviewer asked me about attractions even though I didn't mention it and we talked about my experience memorizing scripts for theater.

I'm just so nervous now, I feel like pending means I'm on my way to getting a "no".

From what I understand, pending is like a wait list. When I read earlier that rfaz got accepted today, I was thinking, "Oh no they must have rejected me" because our interviews were on the same day. But no, I have not been rejected yet or accepted.

I think they put people on pending who they like, but want to give other people a chance who applied later? I know some people who are pending but are thinking that it's a good thing, because they weren't flat out rejected. And from what I've read, people seem to get pended pretty quickly-it's the acceptances that normally take forever!

JW... do they hire people outside of Orlando? Like if I go to school here will I get hired. Hahaha.

I was accepted to Disneyland this morning!
I applied on October 9, and interviewed on October 17. The email I got said I should hear an update within two weeks. I was never put in pending, and was accepted after 11 days.

I was accepted to Disneyland this morning!
I applied on October 9, and interviewed on October 17. The email I got said I should hear an update within two weeks. I was never put in pending, and was accepted after 11 days.

That's great, congratulations! Especially cause Land is harder to get into! :goodvibes

I was just brave enough to check my dashboard...still no rejection! :thumbsup2

Well, I did the auditions for being a character performer and it took about a month to process so in the meantime I did my interview. I got accepted as a character performer about a month ago. And I did the interview and got accepted into the college program about two weeks ago. It took them a day to get back to me. They'll say a week or so but they can be as fast as a day after the interview. :-) hope this helps!

Hey everyone! I was really interested in this thread so I thought I'd explain my situation! I went to my college's information session Monday(October 24), applied that night, got the e-mail a couple hours after I applied to do the WBI, then I was notified of being a strong candidate so I set up my phone interviews a couple hours after my WBI. I had my phone interview yesterday morning(October 26) and my interviewer said I should hear back in 2 weeks.

How did you all handle the waiting process? I have been waiting for a day and still have 2 weeks, maybe more, maybe less. =/ Any advice? I'm trying to be as positive as possible but I've been really excited(not this excited of course) about stuff before and let down. I'd be crushed if this was another one of those times.

Congrats to those of you who have been accepted already!! :yay:

Hey everyone! I was really interested in this thread so I thought I'd explain my situation! I went to my college's information session Monday(October 24), applied that night, got the e-mail a couple hours after I applied to do the WBI, then I was notified of being a strong candidate so I set up my phone interviews a couple hours after my WBI. I had my phone interview yesterday morning(October 26) and my interviewer said I should hear back in 2 weeks.

How did you all handle the waiting process? I have been waiting for a day and still have 2 weeks, maybe more, maybe less. =/ Any advice? I'm trying to be as positive as possible but I've been really excited(not this excited of course) about stuff before and let down. I'd be crushed if this was another one of those times.

Congrats to those of you who have been accepted already!! :yay:

I'm in the same boat as you, but I've been waiting for five days now. I'm going with the "no news is good news" theory. I'm constantly checking my e-mail for an accepted e-mail, but only allowing myself to check the dashboard once a day, if that, for a rejection.

I completely understand the not wanting to be let down part. I applied to be an Orientation Advisor at my school for summer 2011. I had been hired for summer 2010, but unfortunately I was not re-hired. I was beyond devastated. There was no reason I shouldn't have been re-hired, except that there may have been some legal reasons why another girl had to be re-hired and they chose her over me. :confused3 I also applied to be a lead tour guide, another position that I am very qualified for. I was not chosen and I strongly suspect that was due to the fact that I am graduating in May. 3 out of the 4 guides chosen for the position were not graduating for at least two more years. I know I'm qualified for the college program and I truly don't know what I'm going to do if they reject me.

Good luck! What roles did you apply for?

I'm in the same boat as you, but I've been waiting for five days now. I'm going with the "no news is good news" theory. I'm constantly checking my e-mail for an accepted e-mail, but only allowing myself to check the dashboard once a day, if that, for a rejection.

I completely understand the not wanting to be let down part. I applied to be an Orientation Advisor at my school for summer 2011. I had been hired for summer 2010, but unfortunately I was not re-hired. I was beyond devastated. There was no reason I shouldn't have been re-hired, except that there may have been some legal reasons why another girl had to be re-hired and they chose her over me. :confused3 I also applied to be a lead tour guide, another position that I am very qualified for. I was not chosen and I strongly suspect that was due to the fact that I am graduating in May. 3 out of the 4 guides chosen for the position were not graduating for at least two more years. I know I'm qualified for the college program and I truly don't know what I'm going to do if they reject me.

Good luck! What roles did you apply for?

Oh wow so you applied near the same time as me! :) I check my e-mail on my phone more now than ever! I checked my dashboard a couple of hours ago and it still says "in progress." I am taking that as just "in progress" and it isn't "good" or "bad" yet.

I applied last spring for an internship with this department store. There were only a few spots for my department and while I feel like I had a great interview, I realize that I was probably qualified but there was someone more qualified than me since I was up against my classmates. However, I've been waiting for my chance to apply for Disney for about 3 years now. I feel like I should be doing this. You know when you just feel like you're doing the right thing by trying? I'm sorry you didn't get the orientation advisor, but maybe that's because better things are coming your way? Positive outcomes only!

Thank you and good luck to you too!! :) I applied for merchandising(I'm a merchandising, apparel, & textiles major with a business minor), attractions, costuming, and vacation planning. I also asked my interviewer about lifeguarding and FSFB. I was nervous about putting FSFB down on my list because I really wouldn't want to mess up as a server in Disney but thankfully it's just a greeter role like I did for 2 years at one of my previous jobs! I was a swimmer too so you never know if they need lifeguards. What about you? What roles did you apply for and are you wanting WDW or DL?

Oh wow so you applied near the same time as me! :) I check my e-mail on my phone more now than ever! I checked my dashboard a couple of hours ago and it still says "in progress." I am taking that as just "in progress" and it isn't "good" or "bad" yet.

I applied last spring for an internship with this department store. There were only a few spots for my department and while I feel like I had a great interview, I realize that I was probably qualified but there was someone more qualified than me since I was up against my classmates. However, I've been waiting for my chance to apply for Disney for about 3 years now. I feel like I should be doing this. You know when you just feel like you're doing the right thing by trying? I'm sorry you didn't get the orientation advisor, but maybe that's because better things are coming your way? Positive outcomes only!

Thank you and good luck to you too!! :) I applied for merchandising(I'm a merchandising, apparel, & textiles major with a business minor), attractions, costuming, and vacation planning. I also asked my interviewer about lifeguarding and FSFB. I was nervous about putting FSFB down on my list because I really wouldn't want to mess up as a server in Disney but thankfully it's just a greeter role like I did for 2 years at one of my previous jobs! I was a swimmer too so you never know if they need lifeguards. What about you? What roles did you apply for and are you wanting WDW or DL?

I told my interviewer that I had been thinking about doing this since before I was even in college, but up until this past March I was in a very regimented major (speech pathology) and would not have had the opportunity to participate. Now I'm just plain Communicative Disorders and Sciences with a focus in Audiology, and there are a lot less requirements with that, so I have a free semester. I'm thinking along the positive outcomes only track!

My top choices were character attendant, main entrance operations, hospitality, and full service food and beverage, but I also had high-moderate interest in Attractions, Photopass, Concierge, Merchandise, Vacation Planner, Recreation, and Costuming. She seemed very interested in me for Attractions because I'm a tour guide and I can memorize long spiels. I applied solely for WDW-I've never been to DL. It's more expensive and more competitive there, plus I know WDW like the back of my hand!

I told my interviewer that I had been thinking about doing this since before I was even in college, but up until this past March I was in a very regimented major (speech pathology) and would not have had the opportunity to participate. Now I'm just plain Communicative Disorders and Sciences with a focus in Audiology, and there are a lot less requirements with that, so I have a free semester. I'm thinking along the positive outcomes only track!

My top choices were character attendant, main entrance operations, hospitality, and full service food and beverage, but I also had high-moderate interest in Attractions, Photopass, Concierge, Merchandise, Vacation Planner, Recreation, and Costuming. She seemed very interested in me for Attractions because I'm a tour guide and I can memorize long spiels. I applied solely for WDW-I've never been to DL. It's more expensive and more competitive there, plus I know WDW like the back of my hand!

Oh wow! You've thought about this for a while then! I think I first heard about it my sophomore year because one of my friends did the program. She was a few years older than me. She absolutely loved it and I started research and thought it was something I could do as well! I changed my major a lot in college(I graduate in December after 5 1/2 years...=/) so I'm just now applying.

Your top choices are great choices as well!! That would be awesome if you got in attractions! I know that is one of the more competitive areas. I would love to go to DL, I put both on my application. However when she asked me about it I told her that while I would love to do either one, WDW was my top choice because it is closer to home. (I hope that wasn't a bad answer but I'm trying so hard not to over-analyze my interview haha) WDW would just be more exciting because I feel like you get the bigger Disney experience with all of the parks, etc. She asked me how I felt about repetitive tasks and what I would do if a customer was in front of me and the phone was ringing. Those are a couple I remember specifically. She also asked how I felt about large crowds. All we can do now is wait patiently and hope for the best. A quote that I've kept in mind through this whole process is "if you can dream it, you can do it". Thank you, Walt Disney! :)

Oh wow! You've thought about this for a while then! I think I first heard about it my sophomore year because one of my friends did the program. She was a few years older than me. She absolutely loved it and I started research and thought it was something I could do as well! I changed my major a lot in college(I graduate in December after 5 1/2 years...=/) so I'm just now applying.

Your top choices are great choices as well!! That would be awesome if you got in attractions! I know that is one of the more competitive areas. I would love to go to DL, I put both on my application. However when she asked me about it I told her that while I would love to do either one, WDW was my top choice because it is closer to home. (I hope that wasn't a bad answer but I'm trying so hard not to over-analyze my interview haha) WDW would just be more exciting because I feel like you get the bigger Disney experience with all of the parks, etc. She asked me how I felt about repetitive tasks and what I would do if a customer was in front of me and the phone was ringing. Those are a couple I remember specifically. She also asked how I felt about large crowds. All we can do now is wait patiently and hope for the best. A quote that I've kept in mind through this whole process is "if you can dream it, you can do it". Thank you, Walt Disney! :)

I think I've been thinking about doing this for about 7 years, actually. I know the first time I talked to someone who had done it was my sophomore year of high school, when we took a band trip down there, and I had heard about it before that. I'm now a senior, graduating a year early, so this has been a long time coming.

I had the repetitive tasks and how do you feel about being interrupted questions as well. I'm not really over analyzing my interview because I had 7 pages of typed up possible questions and answers and so was really pretty prepared for everything she asked me. I think I could have done better on the "How will this help you professionally?" question, because it won't help me in the traditional sense-audiology isn't really a field that relates to this experience, but I said I could learn to network and you never know where a conversation with a guest might lead. I should have added that the classes will help me learn more about myself and I will be learning leadership, etc.

I think I've been thinking about doing this for about 7 years, actually. I know the first time I talked to someone who had done it was my sophomore year of high school, when we took a band trip down there, and I had heard about it before that. I'm now a senior, graduating a year early, so this has been a long time coming.

I had the repetitive tasks and how do you feel about being interrupted questions as well. I'm not really over analyzing my interview because I had 7 pages of typed up possible questions and answers and so was really pretty prepared for everything she asked me. I think I could have done better on the "How will this help you professionally?" question, because it won't help me in the traditional sense-audiology isn't really a field that relates to this experience, but I said I could learn to network and you never know where a conversation with a guest might lead. I should have added that the classes will help me learn more about myself and I will be learning leadership, etc.

Congrats on graduating a year early! I'm sure my parents wish I had been able to do that, haha! Actually I'm sure they are just happy that I am graduating in general.

There was a question I could have done better on as well, but I feel like I made up for it in other areas(fingers crossed!) I really hope you get it! :) I read your recent TR and I'm all caught up! I really miss WDW now!

That's right about networking. I have a friend who graduated with an English degree and she still went down there to do merchandise and she loved it! She was at the Caribbean Beach resort! :) I feel like if you make the effort, even if you have a major that isn't typical, you can still have an amazing time working for Disney! Thanks for the friend invite, by the way!

Hmmm... I was wondering... When I go to the dashboard it tells me like: October 19 In Progress... I started my application on October 19 but my phone interview was on October 24, Is this suppose to be like this? Do you guys have the date were you started you application in progress? Or another date?

Another thing I notice is that When i select:
Disney College Program
Disney Parks & Resorts
1547BR

That is located in the dashboard below the option to choose the job. It says that the job is no longer available Does this happens to everybody?

I'm confused.

Hmmm... I was wondering... When I go to the dashboard it tells me like: October 19 In Progress... I started my application on October 19 but my phone interview was on October 24, Is this suppose to be like this? Do you guys have the date were you started you application in progress? Or another date?

Another thing I notice is that When i select:
Disney College Program
Disney Parks & Resorts
1547BR

That is located in the dashboard below the option to choose the job. It says that the job is no longer available Does this happens to everybody?

I'm confused.

I was wondering the same thing! Mine says "In Progress October 17" which is when I submitted my application, but my phone interview was the 23rd. I guess that's normal then.

And the same thing happens when I click on the CP link, so I suppose that's normal. I guess they just leave it to say that because there are so many applicants.

I was wondering the same thing! Mine says "In Progress October 17" which is when I submitted my application, but my phone interview was the 23rd. I guess that's normal then.

And the same thing happens when I click on the CP link, so I suppose that's normal. I guess they just leave it to say that because there are so many applicants.

I feel better now, i though i did something wrong during the process. Will see what happens. My interviewer name was Linda and she told me i will know in about 2 weeks

I feel better now, i though i did something wrong during the process. Will see what happens. My interviewer name was Linda and she told me i will know in about 2 weeks

Mine does the same thing too! I thought if I clicked that one link that you all are saying is "no longer available" I could review my application/role checklist again before my phone interview but it didn't let me. It might be because we already submitted it and it wasn't saved as a draft? I don't know, I'm just glad your dashboards say the same as mine! My interviewer also told me I should know in about 2 weeks! Good luck to you! :)

Mine does the same thing too! I thought if I clicked that one link that you all are saying is "no longer available" I could review my application/role checklist again before my phone interview but it didn't let me. It might be because we already submitted it and it wasn't saved as a draft? I don't know, I'm just glad your dashboards say the same as mine! My interviewer also told me I should know in about 2 weeks! Good luck to you! :)

Yeah ;) good luck to you too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter