Anyone at Mardi Gras Last Night?

TigerLilly's Mom

<font color=FF99FF>Victim of a drive-by tagging!
Just wondering how Mardi Gras was yesterday - anybody there? Hope to hear some reports!

Come on guys we are dying here for trip reports:crazy: hope TigerLilly's Mom and Daddydon are taking notes here I need lots of info we are under 3 weeks way :jester:

I promise I'll do a trip report, but it will be at least 10 days away, as I have not even left yet!! I would love to read some trip reports too!! Tonia

Daddydon is not much of a writer but will give you a report! Just dont expect a novel!lol:teeth:

I didn't actually go into the park when the parade had started but walked through about an 1 1/2 prior. It was very crowded but the people there were all out to have a great time and everyone was reallly nice. Funny how the excitement started building as soon as Mardi Gras was getting closer.

I had an alright time...I was positioned in front of Mel's...Hadn't caught any beads during the parade. The last float came by, and someone tossed a a gold bead necklace at me, as i reached up to get it, i was hit in the jaw and the shoulder and fell down. My parents were next to me and saw what happened, because I only thought i was pushed. Seems a rowdy group of black guys was running back and forth on both sides of Mel's, and I was just in their way.
Rob

Mardi Gras was better crowd-wise (from where I stood) this past Saturday. The parade was a lot more tolerable without the constant drizzling rain and wind blowing. I again stood across from the AP Viewing area...phamton and her hubby were only a little ways down from me.

I didn't have a ton of people practically climbing on me to get to beads this time. Although, I'm still only 5'1" and only managed to catch 5 beads....one Keriann (gbluvr2886) gave to me...one hit me right in the face...and a couple others I actually caught.

Didn't stay for the concert though. Went back to the hotel...was so exhausted!! :) Going back this Saturday!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!