Anybody hear of a dispute between WDW and the characters??

spalma

Earning My Ears
My DH who is in the middle of negotiating with the union that formed recently (before he took over this plant), was meeting with the lawyers today and over lunch the subject of WDW came up since we are going in 5 weeks!! Anyway, these people said that the characters recently had a dispute going with WDW over their uniforms?? Anybody heard about this? It was something over the fact that WDW refused to let them wear their own costumes, and they weren't being washed and they were all passing body lice back and forth. GROSS!!

I had never heard of this!!

Ok...here goes...:)

*sings* M-I-C....see you on the picket line

K-E-Y...why? Cuz I ITCH!!!

L-O-U-S-E.......:)

Yes it's very gross, but I think it was resolved and the characters are now allowed to launder their own undergarments. That may not be exactly what was arranged, but something was worked out.

Well, Disney is very strict about onstage vs. offstage and costumes. Certain face characters (I would think Jasmine and Tarzan specifically) have very uniques costumes. Disney was not letting the actors wear their personal undergarments. They had to get undergarments from Disney when they got their costumes. Well, because no one knew if they were getting the same pair of tidy whities, there was a re-negotiation. Now, the actors can wear regulated undies that have been approved by Disney which means they know exactly who's been in their undies. Make sense? I mean, can you imagine Jasmine wearing bright green undies under her not-so-conservative clothing? So that's what the dispute was all about.

Please don't ask me to imagine what Jasmine is wearing underneath her costume. I will be there this week with my wife and kids, for goodness sake! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter