Anybody ever have new carpet installed and have issues with the seam showing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They made the 70 lb diver not eat dinner for a year to maintain her weight...if you'd do that, you would at least have the "thin" down!
Egads! If only I could get my DH and kids to agree with that! I figure that if I have to cook for them, I may as well eat with them. ;)

Hi I'm carpet installer for 18 years I hope this help to somebody any installer or sales man can say the seams not see all seams can see more or less depend many factors: experience of installer, tipe of carpet,tipe seaming tape ,color of carpet believe or not soon lite. One room 14x27 for example your salesman can give you the choice to choose different carpet and you can have one pice 15x27
We just had new carpeting installed in our living room. Because of the size of the room, it had to be installed in 2 pieces, with the seam running through the middle of the room (of course). I noticed it right away as soon as I checked out the room, but the installer is assuring us that it is no big deal and that the carpet will work itself together after we've walked on it for a while, but I don't know.

Now, I really have no reason to not believe him. He was hired by our contractor, and I know he has been in business in this area for over 20 years (meaning, I know we can track him down if need be!). He even offered to get us a second opinion, which was nice, I guess. Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone else was ever in this position and did everything work out for the best? I usut don't want to be dealing with this 6 months down the road, you know?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Good answer
On a 14x27, he could have laid a 12x27 and pieced in the 2x27. On a no traffic area he could have done a small piece and split it so that it was strips and you got a good deal, however, I would have put the 2ft section away from windows on the far side of the room. So it would have taken a 12x27 and a 12x9 to do it the cheap way. The expensive way would have been two 12x27's and a heck of a lot of waste. To end up with a middle seam he maybe got two 12x15's and did it that way. The seam never works itself together, it looks the best the first day, after that it gets matted and dirty and gets worse. I cant even say why he did it that way, unless he decided the roll should run the opposite way. How many yards did they charge for?
Good c

Our living room has a seam right down the middle of the room, and it is as plain as the nose on my face. The seam was already visible when we bought the house, and it has always bothered me. It seems like the carpeting is a good quality material so I don't think that is the problem. I think it's the way it was installed. As time goes by, the seam is starting to pull apart.

If I were in your shoes, I'd try to get the installer to re-install the carpet, or do whatever is necessary to make it right.

We just had new carpeting installed in our living room. Because of the size of the room, it had to be installed in 2 pieces, with the seam running through the middle of the room (of course). I noticed it right away as soon as I checked out the room, but the installer is assuring us that it is no big deal and that the carpet will work itself together after we've walked on it for a while, but I don't know.

Now, I really have no reason to not believe him. He was hired by our contractor, and I know he has been in business in this area for over 20 years (meaning, I know we can track him down if need be!). He even offered to get us a second opinion, which was nice, I guess. Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone else was ever in this position and did everything work out for the best? I usut don't want to be dealing with this 6 months down the road, you know?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
I have run a flooring installation company for the past 12 years it's impossible to completely hide a seam the definition is a line former by 2 pieces of materials joining that being said there should be no gaps or fraying the salesman at your local carpet store will not inform you of this but any seam done no matter how well will show eventually research carpet on your own to decide what hides this the best

Our living room has a seam right down the middle of the room, and it is as plain as the nose on my face. The seam was already visible when we bought the house, and it has always bothered me. It seems like the carpeting is a good quality material so I don't think that is the problem. I think it's the way it was installed. As time goes by, the seam is starting to pull apart.

If I were in your shoes, I'd try to get the installer to re-install the carpet, or do whatever is necessary to make it right.

This install may cost an installer 5x what he made make sure this is a reasonable complaint before taking money from him and his family there are some hacks that shouldn't install and others that have unreasonable customers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter