Anybody else watching the Indy 500?

Claudia1

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Love this race and went for over 2 decades. Due to health reasons, I can't go now but I'm watching it live. Anyone else?

Nope. I watched Monaco. That means I don't control the TV. It has some Hallmark Channel thing on now. Let's just leave it at that. :) I'll try and catch a replay later and hope I don't end up with a spoiler. Could I have hogged the TV. Yeah. But oh well. I'm watching Rowing right now on my computer. Stroke Stroke..... I'd be like, I'm already stroking Shut up.... Whack!!!! Whoa... Boat 3 seems to have a problem with discipline in the ranks!!!

I used to follow Indy Car for a couple of years in the late 80s, early 90s and it just sort of died out. Ended up watching the last 30 odd laps today and what a crazy finish (trying not to spoil it for CW4D)! Congrats to the winner!

Glad they have finally ended the dispute between CART & IndyCar. Think it was bad for the sport and they lost a lot of fans/sponsors due to needlessly bickering over philosophies. Only tend to watch the oval races and think road/street courses are boring. Mostly they drive around in single file, very little opportunity for passing and when someone crashes they tend to blame each other for not giving enough room. IndyCar also doesn't have races every week so by the time you figure out the schedule and who is broadcasting each race too much hassle.

Some of the Indy500 practice/qualifying was only shown on a pay per view channel which I think does nothing to help gain followers if the goal is to grow the sport. I like watching qualifying for the 500, but am not going to pay extra just to watch on some PPV channel.

Our 16yo son is currently competing in the USF Juniors series which is a stepping stone towards trying to get into Indycar. He is currently getting ready for their next races so was glued to his laptop watching the “grownups”.

Last month he raced at Barber on the undercard for the Indy races - they raced Thursday / Friday then Indycar raced Saturday / Sunday.

I was a Indy Car Racing fan when I was a teenager mainly because I thought the drivers were cute in my book but I mainly watched CART races but never watched the Indy 500. Like I used to have a big crush on Juan Montoya and Michael Andretti because to me Michael Andretti looked so handsome and it seemed that all the girls liked him and then I liked Christian Fittipaldi because he was really cute and when I met him I discovered we had a Freaky Friday like thing in common because he had surgery at the same time I had mine and I was shocked at that and not only that Christian actually cured my charley horse in my leg by touching it and it was amazing. I have never figured out why people love the Indy 500 but I guess it has the same feeling as the Super Bowl. Who won the race? I hope it's some cute driver

Who won the race? I hope it's some cute driver
Josef Newgarden

After yesterday's race

josef-newgarden-wins-indy-500-wild-finish.jpg

His wife, Ashley, was a former very 'good friend' to Belle.

Josef-Newgarden-Ashley-Welch-Relationship-Timeline-2012.jpg

And now

Josef-Newgarden-Ashley-Welch-Relationship-Timeline-2022.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter