Anybody else frustrated? June 2021 DCL Cruises

Same boat here. We're supposed to sail on Oct 9th for 7 days in the caribbean. I believe we have a small chance but with the government not giving two hoots about putting people back to work, I'm not betting on it. Question: can Disney change a current sailing that is out of Port Canaveral, changing it to sail, say out of Nassau without actually canceling our current cruise? Basically just saying that the cruise is not canceled, just changing ports to one out of the US?

I’m on the October 8 night cruise that can’t sail based on the CDC guidelines. No word yet on that either. I feel your pain. I wish they would have done something before the new schedule was released. Even if DCL can get to sailing based on what the CDC wants, mine can’t as 8 nights. So, please cancel and let me move on.

We were scheduled to be on the 9 day July cruise and Disney cancelled that one. But they did replace it with a 3 and a 6 day cruise that also likely won't go. CDC has no incentive to back off on their November date and could easily extend it - they don't want to give up their power. And we think positive - 15 cruises cancelled so far. We keep moving them later. Maybe someday......

Our Alaskan cruise is the *first* cruise to resume sailing on June 7. We all know that isn't happening. I don't understand why DCL doesn't cancel June already, they have consistently had a cancellation announcement once a month, but nothing in March. Sigh.

I might be mistaken, but I believe that DCL has canceled within a day of Carnival cancelling for both April and May cruises. I’m guessing when Carnival makes their announcement, DCL will quickly follow.

I’m on the October 8 night cruise that can’t sail based on the CDC guidelines. No word yet on that either. I feel your pain. I wish they would have done something before the new schedule was released. Even if DCL can get to sailing based on what the CDC wants, mine can’t as 8 nights. So, please cancel and let me move on.
[/QUOTE

Just read on another thread that DCL is going to make an announcement about the Wish on April 29th!! DH and I decided if we couldn’t sail on the 8 night October cruise we’d change to a Wish sailing next year. Finally some good news to get excited about!!:Pinkbounc

. CDC has no incentive to back off on their November date and could easily extend it - they don't want to give up their power.
Well with over 20 states spiking again, France shutting down and a potential post Easter spike and the President literally begging states to reinstate mask mandates, and extreme vaccine shortages, I don't think it's about power, it's about the reality that too many people are still getting sick and dying to even think about retracting the November date.

I think DCL not cancelling June at this point is ridiculous. The cruise just before ours (we are on the first June itinerary on the Fantasy) was cancelled over a month ago. We already decided it wasn't happening and booked a WDW trip in it's place. It's a weird pieced together split stay at three different DVC resorts because I just booked a couple of weeks ago and I had to piece together what was available with the points I have (and that crazy borrowing rule). It's fine, but it's a lot of moving over the course of a week! I just really want to take the OBB being used and put it on the summer 2022 cruise we booked before it goes up much more. Honestly, it might already have gone up enough to not be worth it.

viral cases start a a very large downward trend, vaccinations increase even more, I doubt there will be cruises based out of the US. Just my opinion, discouraged, but eternally hopeful things will turn around. At some point.

We re-scheduled (3rd times the charm) for January 2022, I’m pretty confident that there will be sailings late 2021, maybe even sooner. NY and CA are immunizing 16 and older starting April 6 and 15, TX started last Monday, FL starts 18 and older April 5, IL April 2; these are the most populous states in the US, and I expect we will start to see huge reductions in numbers in the US very soon. Parts of Europe, not so much.

Last edited:
I think DCL not cancelling June at this point is ridiculous. The cruise just before ours (we are on the first June itinerary on the Fantasy) was cancelled over a month ago. We already decided it wasn't happening and booked a WDW trip in it's place. It's a weird pieced together split stay at three different DVC resorts because I just booked a couple of weeks ago and I had to piece together what was available with the points I have (and that crazy borrowing rule). It's fine, but it's a lot of moving over the course of a week! I just really want to take the OBB being used and put it on the summer 2022 cruise we booked before it goes up much more. Honestly, it might already have gone up enough to not be worth it.

Didn't Disney revamp their cancelation policy such that you can cancel for a full refund up to 60days out?

I do wish they would communicate the plan. I too believe it will be canceled but will not cancel just in case even though I do not believe the ship will sail. The mid June cruise I booked is tying up my airline travel funds that I plan to use to rebook flights for a different destination and unfortunately those ticket prices will increase since airlines can fly.

I am due to sail on magic 4th September, that cruise has disappeared from the website overnight, I just hope if they cancel they do so before releasing the UK staycation dates, I cannot afford to book the staycation and have September booked

We re-scheduled (3rd times the charm) for January 2022, I’m pretty confident that there will be sailings late 2021, maybe even sooner. NY and CA are immunizing 16 and older starting April 6 and 15, TX started last Monday, FL starts 18 and older April 5, IL April 2; these are the most populous states in the US, and I expect we will start to see huge reductions in numbers in the US very soon. Parts of Europe, not so much.

I hope so. Here in Ma. we haven't hit those dates/ages just yet. 55+ can't even register until April 5th. Things are moving slowly and getting a vaccine appointment is like playing the Hunger Games. I am on my third try for the Italy/Greece trip. Hoping we see better times in Europe as well.

I am on my third try for the Italy/Greece trip. Hoping we see better times in Europe as well.

We are on our third try for the Med as well, originally Italy/Greece, but now we are on Spain/Italy/France. Fingers crossed, and hoping that Europe can weather their current surge and get those arms vaccinated.

Even though Canada has said no ships in 2021, DCL still hasn't officially cancelled the summer Alaska cruises. I moved mine to 2022, but I didn't have to wait for DCL to cancel to get my 125% because I had already moved it from 2020 so I already had the 125%.

My family is booked on a September 2021 British Isles cruise that is now off the DCL website. Final payment is due in May (for booking events onboard). We also booked a cruise for summer 2022. Would it be worthwhile to pay in full now for the 2021 cruise, and plan on using a refund with extra credit to pay toward the 2022 cruise when/if the 2021 is cancelled?

We use a Disney Visa, so we could delay payments for a few months without interest in case Disney stops the 125% offer and we just want a refund.

Last edited:
Even though Canada has said no ships in 2021, DCL still hasn't officially cancelled the summer Alaska cruises. I moved mine to 2022, but I didn't have to wait for DCL to cancel to get my 125% because I had already moved it from 2020 so I already had the 125%.
Did they charge you anything to transfer cruise date?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter