Anybody else frustrated? June 2021 DCL Cruises

sgtpet

DIS Veteran
Well it's the last day of March and we have no decision from DCL concerning our cruises in this upcoming June. We will have less choices due to the later delay in handling our cancellations. What a shame. They really should make their decision as soon as possible. The CDC says November. That's after June from what I know. Thoughts....

I’m on the October 8 night cruise that can’t sail based on the CDC guidelines. No word yet on that either. I feel your pain. I wish they would have done something before the new schedule was released. Even if DCL can get to sailing based on what the CDC wants, mine can’t as 8 nights. So, please cancel and let me move on.

I’m in the same boat. I have a June cruise booked, and I wish that DCL would be more transparent. I have a “plan b” Disney World vacation booked with a deposit down, and I wish that DCL would just go ahead and cancel so I can transfer the money over and book my flights. It’s very frustrating. Even if the CDC relaxes its conditional sailing order, they won’t let things go back to 100% right away.

I’m on the October 8 night cruise that can’t sail based on the CDC guidelines. No word yet on that either. I feel your pain. I wish they would have done something before the new schedule was released. Even if DCL can get to sailing based on what the CDC wants, mine can’t as 8 nights. So, please cancel and let me move on.

We cancelled that cruise months ago. We Just moved to a 7 night eastern in September. No way that 8 night will sail.

I would imagine that they are working hard right now to find a way to sail from Bahamas or Puerto Rico or something like other cruise lines are doing. I bet they will say that you can choose a refund or choose the new departure point. There is a lot of money on the line, especially at Disney prices. November is ridiculous.

We cancelled that cruise months ago. We Just moved to a 7 night eastern in September. No way that 8 night will sail.
The problem we have is we’re traveling with our adult children and everyone has their time off approved at work for that week. I don’t want to make anyone change until we have all the information. I assume it would sail as a modified schedule and we would like to know what it is before we change.

The 60 day PIF for the first June cruise is April 3, which is this Saturday. I am guessing DCL may announce the cancellation of June cruises this Friday. That way they save money by having less people PIF and thus less 125% to give out. At least that’s my theory because there is simply no way the June cruises are sailing. CLIA isn’t even asking to be able to sail in June. They are asking for July.

The 60 day PIF for the first June cruise is April 3, which is this Saturday. I am guessing DCL may announce the cancellation of June cruises this Friday. That way they save money by having less people PIF and thus less 125% to give out. At least that’s my theory because there is simply no way the June cruises are sailing. CLIA isn’t even asking to be able to sail in June. They are asking for July.

Good theory. I've also wondered if Disney is hoping to post the UK summer cruises on the Magic at the same time they take down the June cruises. That way the focus/news cycle can be on the positive new cruises that will be happening and less on the cruises that won't be happening.

Reactions: ajo
We're on that cruise too. Perhaps they'll make it a 7- . I'd be fine with that. I understand that not everyone would be. Like you...just wishin' we knew.

Well it's the last day of March and we have no decision from DCL concerning our cruises in this upcoming June. We will have less choices due to the later delay in handling our cancellations. What a shame. They really should make their decision as soon as possible. The CDC says November. That's after June from what I know. Thoughts....
You won't cruise in June. There is not even a 1% chance that DCL will cruise then. When the spokesman said that fall was a possibility (not June), he was being optimistic even for that. Go ahead and make the travel changes you need to and can make now, and the refund money will come within a few months. The June cruise will not sail and DCL already knows it. They tend to drag their feet about cancelling cruises, but your June cruise will be cancelled sooner or later. You can count on it.

They have a huge backlog of canceled cruises. I think they are like just live alot of businesses in the pandemic, overwhelmed with no clear idea when things will get back to normal. I also think they assume people are monitoring the news and know those cruises are almost certainly not going to happen.

We have the 6 night NYC to Canada cruise in October which I am pretty sure won't be sailing. I wouldn't mind a different itinerary....maybe South instead of North....I wouldn't even mind all days at sea!!

MJ

I canceled my October/Bermuda cruise last month. That cruise was not going to happen either. I think we are looking at November/December for things to slowly resume. I even have my finger on the cancel button of my cruise at the end of December. Until they start recalling crew etc. and viral cases start a a very large downward trend, vaccinations increase even more, I doubt there will be cruises based out of the US. Just my opinion, discouraged, but eternally hopeful things will turn around. At some point.

We have the 6 night NYC to Canada cruise in October which I am pretty sure won't be sailing. I wouldn't mind a different itinerary....maybe South instead of North....I wouldn't even mind all days at sea!!

MJ
Given that Canada has closed all ports to cruise ships over 100 passengers until February 2022, that it is a safe bet on it not happening. Funny how much stricter some nations are with covid than the U.S.

Totally agree. We have a VGT for June so I have to wait on them. I’m not pushing it out any further this year. This is rescheduled from 2020. We’re taking the cancellation and switching to WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter