Anybody Already Paid For There Airline Tickets For October

I bought 5 rt tickets from BOS to TPA for $106 each. I got the deal in March and haven't seen anything better.

We always go Jersey week during November, and I'm always afraid to wait too long or it's totally booked or way too expensive. So last month, I booked US Airways for the three of us, $ 176 each. It's the same as what we paid last year. I was going to wait for SWA but chickened out, I didn't want to wait til June or later.

I purchased 4 tickets from Indy to Orlando back in March for early Oct. We were booked on NWA for 747.56,I was happy with this because it was cheaper than I paid last year. I recently received an email from NWA that our flight times were being changed and they changed our NS home to a layover in Detroit plus a 2 hour earlier departure. We were all very unhappy with this and I didn't know what to do. Well, I called NWA yesterday and was able to get a full refund because of the changes they had made. It just so happens that I also received a DING yesterday. I was able to rebook through SW for NS flights for the same dates for a total of 328.44 for all 4 of us. A savings of $419.12. I was so excited I just had to share with all for you. :banana: :Pinkbounc

Have a great day :cool1:

Nope, have not book yet. I need five tickets from either Detroit (DTW) or Flint (FNT). Every airline is over $250 each still so I'm holding out for something better. Our dates are October 12th or 13th to 22nd or 23rd.

Booked 7 tickets on SWA for October 16 - 24rd on May 13th from Manchester, NH to Orlando. Got $79 + tax, etc. 1 way fare. Came out to $175.40 round trip per person. Just $27.00 over my budget of $1,200 for airfare. I am hoping for a Ding fare or sale later in the year.....then I will use the SWA credit for a flight in the future. I just used a $70 SWA credit from a December 2004 trip toward a quick, last minute, it's my birthday trip to WDW last week. Two tickets rt $160 total cost and with my AP discount for a room we had a great 4 day trip for a small amount of funds. I love SWA, the resort printed our boarding passes at the front desk before the driver picked us up at 5:00 am for our flight home. Got that all important A boarding pass.
Can't wait to go back and see the Mouse.....we are bringing small children this time!!!!

I ended up booking with Jetblue today: BOS to MCO 4-13 Oct. Did the Tues. to Thurs. thing to get a better price.

$69 base 1way/online booking price for 4 tickets $621= ~155 each final cost.

I did better with Song in January $59 base. I've seen $49 base with Southwest but since they are quoting $79 base as a special lately, I went ahead and booked.

Trying to save $75 dollars more is not worth the risk of paying through the nose OR not having a flight at all.

I can not belive some of the deals you guys are getting. I have been looking into airfare for end Sept. from PHL to MCO and it is crazy. Over $900.00 for four tickets round trip for me is nuts.
I am thinking of renting a car and driving to FLA.

Call me :crazy: but I bought my tickets for November already! I couldn't resist $174 direct BOS-MCO on Song. Now that I go to WDW 2-3 times a year, I hate to spend a fortune on airfare. Now if I could just a similar fare for 3/06, I'd be all set :rotfl:

funcinderella said:
Bought our arline tickets for Nov., about 3 months ago!!

Us too, we bought ours for our Nov. trip about 3mnths ago. Glad we did too so far they've gone up about $200. per tx.

Are you signed up for Southwest/Ding?? Phl to MCO (Orlando) does pop up on there........ here and there.

I am another who booked months ago on Song for $59/each way out of LaGuardia NYC.

I got a Ding from Southwest yesterday and was able to get Hartford to Orlando for $127.90 pp including fees & taxes! So excited!! :cool1:

Need some advice here.
We have gone to WDW the past 2 years right after New Years', around the 4th or the 5th after all the holiday traffic is gone. Usually these have been spur of the moment type trips, one year we bought 10 days before, last year I purchased in Nov. for Jan, about 60 days ahead of time. The price is usually about $150-$160 out of detroit on NWA.

I am looking at NWA today for pricing in Jan 2006(the 4th through the 12th) and they're $260!!! I thought it was better to wait until it gets closer to your date, at least it's been that way for us. That the airlines charge more the farther out you book, then as it gets closer and the plane isn't selling like it should, the price drops.

Should I be looking to book airfare already?? It sure seems awful pricey right now.

the kabuki said:
Need some advice here.
We have gone to WDW the past 2 years right after New Years', around the 4th or the 5th after all the holiday traffic is gone. Usually these have been spur of the moment type trips, one year we bought 10 days before, last year I purchased in Nov. for Jan, about 60 days ahead of time. The price is usually about $150-$160 out of detroit on NWA.

I am looking at NWA today for pricing in Jan 2006(the 4th through the 12th) and they're $260!!! I thought it was better to wait until it gets closer to your date, at least it's been that way for us. That the airlines charge more the farther out you book, then as it gets closer and the plane isn't selling like it should, the price drops.

Should I be looking to book airfare already?? It sure seems awful pricey right now.

Last year I booked my January airfare in November on NWA and got a great deal it ended up being 206 round trip from MCO-MSP midweek (Wed-Wed). I have often found for myself waiting till it gets closer to the trip to purchase my tickets (usually about 2-3 months out). You should have a price in mind that you are willing to pay for the tickets and purchase them once they are at the at price. Personally I would wait awhile longer in my experience NWA prices seem to drop about 2-3 months before a flight.

BTW I booked my flight on Thursday (6/2) for my September flight. I booked it way earlier than I had expected, but I'm just glad it's done and paid for.

we got our tickets in feb for oct 3 -oct 12, jet blue jfk to mco $69 each way per ticket.plus they owed us money so i saved 50 dollars

I booked for 10/3 - 10/10. One way fares were cheaper for me.

Jet Blue down $69

Song back $129.

Seems like all of NY is flying back on 10/10!!!! :rolleyes:

I have never paid this much for airfare but I couldn't pass up the free dining :cheer2:

We got our tickets for October 22nd-October 28th. We are on Southwest. I saw a Ding for Chicago Midway to Orlando. I could not pass up. It is going to cost us $346 for 3 roundtrips including taxes and such.
Love the Ding!!

Debbie

I keep seeing references to something called a "ding" but I have no idea what that is. :blush:

Can you fill me in? Hey, :rotfl2: cut that out.......

even1 said:
I keep seeing references to something called a "ding" but I have no idea what that is. :blush:

No blushing allowed..I want to know too!!

even1 said:

Ding is a Southwest Airlines program.

If you go to there website, you can download this program and then each day when you're online you click on this program to see if any specials come up.

People have been getting some decent rates. The last Ding I saw for my area was 79 one way.

That's why I booked 69 with Jetblue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter