• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anybody Already Paid For There Airline Tickets For October

brooke1

DIS Veteran
We will be at Disney in Oct, just wandering if anyone has bought there tickets this early.

Brooke

Not yet! I have been looking, but unti I know whether or not AP discounts will be released (which will determine how long I stay)I will not buy my tickets. My cutoff date is Aug 15th after that I will have to plan a shorter trip and get my tickets at that time.

Bought mine on Jet Blue in March, :earseek:, got it for $192.42 (or 242.00 CAD). For me in Canada that is really great, out of YYZ I could be looking at $400 or more.

I like JB because i get to pick a seat and the tv's are great!

Penny

We purchased ours for 10/15-10/22 last Thursday when Southwest schedule came out.

NJ Teachers' Convention Week (11/5-11/12) back months ago. Got around $145/pp out of LGA. Couldn't touch Newark airfare even then...much too high.

Got my flights for Nov 30-Dec 4 last week. Song out of Boston/Logan...$220 non-stop. More than I paid for last year same time frame, but not the most I've paid!!

But I got mine with Frequent Flyer Miles! They cost $5.00 each for security fees!

Apparently Delta (or Song) oversold our departing flight on a Wednesday in early October, and needed some volunteers to take an earlier flight. We had originally purchased our flights in February, expecting Columbus Day flights would fill up and get expensive. We had chosen the 3:15 time so our new kindergartener would not miss another day of school, but when Delta offered us a cash credit for taking the earlier flight (usually our preferred time anyway) I jumped at it.

It's funny, I had figured that they would have trouble filling the Wednesday flights, and was imagining that we needed to buy early to ensure that we got on the Columbus Day afternoon flight. It looks like they either merged the late afternoon flight into the earlier flight, or perhaps they got a really big group, and needed the extra few seats to make the sale. In any case, we still have good flights, plus we have a little extra something to apply to our really expensive February flights.

Already bought early April through Song for $79 pp each way RT depart on Columbus Day weekend.

Southwest schedules are out through the end of October, so I would ecpext that there are good choices out there in terms of price.

we purchased our sept30-oct 9th tickets in mid april. for both of us round trip we payed $330(for two people) on Song.. currently, the same flites are up to about $520 now.

Yep, bought mine in March. 186 pp on NWA. They are up to 286 now. Never flown NWA before. Hope it goes well!

We bought ours in April. They are 200.00 round trip on Spirit Airlines. They cancelled our flight and put us on a later flight. I looked back to their website and 2 weeks after I paid 600 for all three of us, they are charging 700.00 per person! How can they do that?

A few months ago.. 135 SONG...

And 2 months ago got my Dec tickets for 135 SONG..

Got my moms June Coming to NY tickets from NY for 205
Got my Step Dad's June ticket to NY for 205
And got my mom's tickets for Oct from MN 220 Suncountry
And just bought my moms Dec ticket to be in NY for Christmas today for 215

Boy I buy ALOT of Airline tickets...

My HB2B (Husband to be) ordered our tickets through Delta as Song for our October trip....I wanted to wait for more of a deal but he just wanted to book....We have so many things to worry about that we just wanted to check it off the list.

We always buy our tickets wayyyyy ahead of time. The last two years that we have gone to FL I have gotten the tickets at least 9 months earlier. My DH has his own company and he can take off whenever he wants. We have gotten significant savings buying this much in advance. $549.00 rt from Colorado for the 4 of us in July! That is why he is willing to go to DW even if he doesn't like it, the airfare is just too good to pass up. If you can buy that much in advance, check every day on all of the travel sites. You never know what you will find. Last summer we went to Boston with an airfare of around $600 for all 4 of us. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter