Any Word On Plan for NEW Annual Pass Options

Geemo

DIS Veteran
After having an AP for so many years, it seems odd not to have one... 581167

Has anyone heard an update on Disneyland's plan for the replacement of the past AP programs?

Hopefully soon now that the state is opening up. In the meantime I suggest taking your annual pass free agency over to Knotts. It’s no Disneyland but it scratches the itch and the APs are cheaper than a day ticket to DL.

There are a lot of DL AP refugees at knotts. I wonder how much they have benefited from Disneyland canceling the program.

Hopefully soon now that the state is opening up. In the meantime I suggest taking your annual pass free agency over to Knotts. It’s no Disneyland but it scratches the itch and the APs are cheaper than a day ticket to DL.

There are a lot of DL AP refugees at knotts. I wonder how much they have benefited from Disneyland canceling the program.
I am thinking of checking Knotts out ... never thought I would but Disney is too $$$ for frequent visits without a pass! But not until masks are not required outdoors at least.

We bought Knott’s passes yesterday. 😆

I haven’t been inside the actual theme park there in 15+ years, but we were able to get the rest of 2021 for cheaper than one day of Disney parkhoppers, so… 🤷‍♀️

They have live entertainment and it looks cute on social media. We’re trying it out next week for the first time.

Is there a good forum or similar resource for Knott's like Disboards? I am in the same boat and also debating Knott's passes as a stopgap but not sure what the in-park experience is like these days. For example what it would be like to spend Sunday afternoons/evenings there during the summer months. Twitter showed a line to get in that wrapped well into the parking lot, but not sure if that is truly representative of things.

Disney said they would announce a new Park LOYALTY program by the end of the year. It might be some time before we get some official news. But I would guess that the old pass system is either going to be much more expensive or much different than before.

Is there a good forum or similar resource for Knott's like Disboards? I am in the same boat and also debating Knott's passes as a stopgap but not sure what the in-park experience is like these days. For example what it would be like to spend Sunday afternoons/evenings there during the summer months. Twitter showed a line to get in that wrapped well into the parking lot, but not sure if that is truly representative of things.
There is a thread in the Southern California theme park sub forum. We went on a Saturday a few weeks ago and found it very pleasant. I hadn’t been to knotts in decades other than 2 “taste of” events last year.

Definitely low budget compared to Disneyland, but more charming and kid friendly than Six Flags.

No Disney magic there, but like I said up thread, scratches the itch. The lines for the big rides were long, but that’s because the ride capacity was socially distanced. Hopefully the lines improve after the 15th. Also we walked right in to the park at 1, so not sure about the lines you saw, maybe that’s only at opening?

I've been to Knott's with the grandkids over the years and I agree it is not Disney.
For me to catch a flight from PDX to SNA and the $$ to go with a trip, I'll hold out for Disney...
I just hope Disney doesn't go crazy with a new AP plan and cost.

If they follow suit with WDW it is going to be some time before they bring them back. They still have yet to sell them in Orlando. At least they didn't cancel it like at DL.

I thought the last we heard was that the new program would be announced by the end of the year?

We’re one of those families that were DL AP holders. I don’t want to keep buying day passes to DL so I bought Knott’s passes for the family. Kids are excited about having a water park included. 🙂.

Knott’s passes go up in price on June 21, FYI for anyone on the fence.

They’re only good until the end of 2021, not 12 months, by the way. Given how cheap they are, we didn’t care.

We gave up our DL AP's back in 2014 or so when they jacked up the price by a third. Since then we've been passholders at Knotts, 6 Flags, or Universal every year since. Knotts definitely isn't Disneyland but it's still a lot of fun. We went last week on a Wednesday night and crowds were manageable. Rode the log ride, the new Bear-y Tale ride, Hang Time and Ghostrider in about 4 hours (not great, but not terrible). The water park is a lot of fun. One of my favorite aspects of Knotts is that they are now home to Billy Hill and the Hillbillies (known as Krazy Kirk and the Hillbillies or something like that). Knotts also does a lot of good seasonal stuff for Halloween and Christmas. If you travel a bit the platinum Knotts pass will get you in to every Cedar Fair park, including California's Great America up in NorCal, Cedar Point, Carowinds, etc.

sorry if this question is dumb but can you renew your status as a "legacy pass holder"? I have a trip to DL planned for October but my legacy pass expires at the end of July. Would love to be able to take advantage of the discounts =(

sorry if this question is dumb but can you renew your status as a "legacy pass holder"? I have a trip to DL planned for October but my legacy pass expires at the end of July. Would love to be able to take advantage of the discounts =(
It automatically renews each month and is supposed to keep doing that until the new membership launches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter