Any USA entry updates?

This is meant to be our first DVC trip, we're actually meant to be there right now but we rearranged for April! So it's all pretty stressful.

We really need APs to come back online as well as we are planning a December trip as well, so there's a lot of moving parts to contend with!

that's why my son made the decision for us to cancel (the trip that would have been DH, me, DS and his family, DD and her family)
he felt it would just be too stressful not knowing if all the moving parts would be in place...
we had the DVC reservation, but we didn't have flights, APs, vaccines, etc...
he didn't want to live with the unknown...his wife had said from the outset that she would not go if masks are still required at that time..
so we'll book instead for 2022.....
when we get to that 11 month mark for summer 2022, i'll have to do it all over again...
24 days for 9 people....(unless there are any additional babies by then)...
a lockoff two bedroom and a studio.....
i was so happy getting everything i wanted....fingers crossed it will be possible in 2022 even with the pent up demand that will surely be a factor...

The way infections in the US are going at present I think it's likely that even if the US allows visitors in the FO may still say no to non-essential travel.
They are talking about peak US infections in Jan/Feb, so I wouldn't bet on getting there before then or soon after.

I hope I'm wrong, but they (USA) really seem to be making a complete hash of this. :(

I was meant to visit for Princess 10k in February (11 nights - now all cancelled), and also planned for August 2021 (14 nights). We still have a faint hope but haven't booked anything yet, it's just too risky IMO (financially I mean). Looking at the headlines for US infections/deaths etc I can't see an end to the current visa situation, sadly.

Last edited:
meanwhile, the pent up demand for travel here in Israel has found an outlet....
flights have started between Tel Aviv and Dubai and thousands will be flying each week...
Israelis love to travel internationally....it's a national pastime...
but of course, no one has been able to travel anywhere since this all began...
so when these flights opened, they were all booked in hours....
our neighbors are there this weekend...
meanwhile, all the hotels in israel are closed except in the southern city of Eilat (on the red sea)..
the hotels there are open, but you have to take a corona test to be allowed into the city..
you have to have take a corona test before you go (within 72 hours)..
there's a checkpoint at the entrance to the city (it's at the bottom of a desert, so only one road in, other than flying)...
we're going there next week....can't wait....

I think this one is a two shot job, so strictly speaking no-one will really have 'had it' for a month or so yet :duck:

true, however, if you look at the data that has been released by the FDA, the pfizer vaccine becomes effective already at 7 days from the first jab....
in the trial, in the first 7 days after the first dose, both the group that received the vaccine and the group that received the placebo continue to catch covid at the same rate.
However, starting from 7 days after the first dose, the group that received the vaccine leveled off completely, while in the placebo group the rate of cases continued to increase.
If you look at the graph of the two groups, the line of cases is quite steep for the placebo group, but for the vaccine group, the link only increases in the first 7 days and then flattens out completely...
it's a very marked change and indicates significant protection already at 7 days from the first dose.

well....that was longwinded....LOL.....

true, however, if you look at the data that has been released by the FDA, the pfizer vaccine becomes effective already at 7 days from the first jab....
in the trial, in the first 7 days after the first dose, both the group that received the vaccine and the group that received the placebo continue to catch covid at the same rate.
However, starting from 7 days after the first dose, the group that received the vaccine leveled off completely, while in the placebo group the rate of cases continued to increase.
If you look at the graph of the two groups, the line of cases is quite steep for the placebo group, but for the vaccine group, the link only increases in the first 7 days and then flattens out completely...
it's a very marked change and indicates significant protection already at 7 days from the first dose.

well....that was longwinded....LOL.....

Yeah this is how I read it too that it gives you immunity but its more effective if you have 2 doses 3 weeks apart. I'm in group 6 on the list but haven't had any word yet - also in Wales rather than England and I believe we don't start til Friday.

So presumably the second dose is primarily to help with establishing longer term protection.
the second does is what really brings up that immune response.
it's true of many vaccinations.
You need two doses of the measles vaccine to be protected.
Two doses of hepatitis vaccine to be protected.
The first dose sets up the system. The second one is the one that really pushes the production of antibodies.
If you don't get the second one, you won't be fully protected.

Does anyone know what is classed as essential travel? I am a volunteer for the celebrations around the Super Bowl in Feb. Someone I know suggested I may be allowed to travel as they classed it as 'work' but I don't even know where to start finding the information. Would I have to apply to the embassy? Im hoping to have the vaccine asap - I'm at least in group 6. I am hoping the link above is correct and they start lifting travel restrictions then I wont have to worry so much!

Does anyone know what is classed as essential travel?
I suspect it's something that you, and your insurers, would decide, as it's only advisory:
The FCDO advises against all but essential travel to:
the whole of the US mainland based on the current assessment of COVID-19 risks.

OTOH the ban by the US is compulsory.

Does anyone know what is classed as essential travel? I am a volunteer for the celebrations around the Super Bowl in Feb. Someone I know suggested I may be allowed to travel as they classed it as 'work' but I don't even know where to start finding the information. Would I have to apply to the embassy? Im hoping to have the vaccine asap - I'm at least in group 6. I am hoping the link above is correct and they start lifting travel restrictions then I wont have to worry so much!
You can find it on the HM Government website And the FCO website, it's very limited I think , I don't think you would be included. I would give them a call and ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter