Any Updates for Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern?

Poly Pal

DIS Veteran
Just booked dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern for April. Now that they no longer have characters at dinner, have they changed the menu away from the set, family style dinner?

We'll be there for dinner on 2/12. If no one else reports before then I'll let you know how it was when we get back.

Yes, I didn't eat there, but did stop by while in MK last week. Seems they are still serving the same food, family style. No characters, but still the same price. So for those who say, "you're paying for the character interaction," that no longer holds. Of course, they could raise the price like they plan to do for Norway. I was hoping for a menu selection (like lunch) for dinner since the characters are gone. Since it's still family style, I'll pass. BTW, there were opennings every time we were at MK last week. While Chrystal Palace was sold out everytime we stopped by town hall, we did notice on the billboard that LT had opennings. I guess it seems, folks only went for the characters, now with no characters people are not very interested in the food.

Yes, I didn't eat there, but did stop by while in MK last week. Seems they are still serving the same food, family style. No characters, but still the same price. So for those who say, "you're paying for the character interaction," that no longer holds. Of course, they could raise the price like they plan to do for Norway. I was hoping for a menu selection (like lunch) for dinner since the characters are gone. Since it's still family style, I'll pass. BTW, there were opennings every time we were at MK last week. While Chrystal Palace was sold out everytime we stopped by town hall, we did notice on the billboard that LT had opennings. I guess it seems, folks only went for the characters, now with no characters people are not very interested in the food.

I guess there are a lot of people like me who went to LTT for the characters more than the food. I have eaten there during my last 4 trips but since they kicked Chip & Dale out, I have no desire to eat at LTT anymore. IMHO, I can get better food for the price (& characters to boot) at CP or Garden Grill. Now, if they lower the price AND change the menu (or welcome Chip & Dale back), I'll reconsider.

I wished that they would change the menu, I can eat Stouffer's frozen meals at home.

I'm really surprised they didn't do an expanded version of their lunch menu at dinner. Their lunch menu is very good and one of our favorites.

I'm really surprised they didn't do an expanded version of their lunch menu at dinner. Their lunch menu is very good and one of our favorites.

I agree!:thumbsup2 Their lunch menu looks very good, but I don't like going to sit down places for lunch-wastes park time IMO!

I actually love the LTT family style dinner, even if it is Stouffers!

I do miss that characters though. We were lucky enough to do the character meal during our trip last year. The service was HORRENDOUS (we got a really bad egg for a waitress-I'm sure the other servers were not as bad as her), but the characters were very cute & fun.

**Does anyone know why they eliminated the character meal???***:confused3

I agree!:thumbsup2 Their lunch menu looks very good, but I don't like going to sit down places for lunch-wastes park time IMO!

I actually love the LTT family style dinner, even if it is Stouffers!

I do miss that characters though. We were lucky enough to do the character meal during our trip last year. The service was HORRENDOUS (we got a really bad egg for a waitress-I'm sure the other servers were not as bad as her), but the characters were very cute & fun.

**Does anyone know why they eliminated the character meal???***:confused3

$$$$$$$$$$$$ less staff to pay!

I agree and was also hoping for this change. I imagine that they will just close for dinner and blame the guest for not coming instead of offering something to come to dinner for. It's either the characters or the food (or the price), but they need to give us some options.

Agree, with characters gone the $ needed to be lowered or the menu changed.
The food and service was always good. But nothing exceptional either.
They need a good and different menu to cover the lack of characters. I think that was the main draw there.
Otherwise those not wanting characters would just eat lunch there. And I don't know that it was really that hard to walk in and get lunch. :confused3 (Only did it once and did not have any issues.)
Now it appears they just want a fast guest turnaround. I could have seen that during the holidays when they do need to get guests in and out to accommodate many.
My guess is there are less guests now there dining, period. It would not have taken a psychic or an MBA to predict that. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter