Any tips for getting a Space220 Reservation?

Today was my ADR day. I tried for two hours straight for lunch or dinner during our stay, absolutely nothing. But, I snagged a 8:55 Rose and Crown so we will be there for fireworks. I think we will just hop in line at rope drop and go to the Space 220 lounge for lunch. It's really the atmosphere I want to experience.

What are these "alerts" that people are getting?
I use the dining finder through TouringPlans. There is another one, I believe, but I'm not sure with whom.
The "catch" is that they send a notification when what you want is available, but someone else can reserve it before you do and then it's gone. It seems from other dining posts that people do get what they want using these services. My personal experience, however, is to just check for availability myself occasionally - until 2 days in advance and then I check more obsessively because that's when people start cancelling their rezzies to avoid the no-show fee. YMMV

Oh yeah, definitely. Ive seen it's difficult for onsite guests to get it at 60+ 5 or 6 days out.

Anyway, doesn't hurt to try right away, but might get better luck at 30 day mark or a couple days out as that's when people typically cancel trips/reservations. Also, touring plans has dining reservation alerts that would be worth signing up for. I believe it's free but you need an account

We are on a 8 day trip and I snagged one for the 7th day getting on right at opening. Could not one otherwise.

Keep checking back. When you are at 5-3 days prior to the date you want the reservation you may see things open up. There is a cancellation ... can't remember if it is 48 or 24 hours - people cancel at that point. Have seen reports of people snagging ressies that way.

I have been trying to get a reservation for Nov 14th. I am registered on 2 services and did get alerts for one of them twice but I missed the alert and it was too late. Do they take walk ins?

There is a line outside (you have to stay in line) for Lounge seating. You can eat any menu in the Lounge and the view is good.

While we were in the line on Wednesday, they walked down the line offering a seating for a cancellation. I've read that has happened to several people. The catch was you had to do Prix Fixe meal. We took it. I would def walk over there early on and ask about getting a reservation that might have been cancelled. The Lounge line is long, and you can't leave.

Lounge was completely full, I'd say restaurant seating 40-50% full. I did ask about the inability to get ADR and was told they have to limit it because of lack of Culinary (kitchen) help. They'd love to be full but they can't. When I got back to room I pulled up Disney Careers and see they are offering anywhere from $1500-4500 in Culinary bonuses.

As a review: Caesar Salad and Steak dinner were EXCELLENT and huge portions! Calamari was okay, I didn't like it cut so thick. If they had sliced it thinner it would have been much better as sauces etc were good. We actually took half our steak dinners to go and heated them up for dinner.

Last edited:
Tuesday, got in line at 10:15, cm spoke to people in line, some wanted to wait for the lounge and stayed in line. He checked and had in 11:45 spot for my group of 3. We arrived back at 11:35 and were seated quickly. We all loved the space elevator. Food was good. Salmon comes to table under a dome. Dome is removed and smoke billows out, nice presentation. We were very happy with the experience. Atmosphere is A+++.

What are these "alerts" that people are getting?
In addition to Touring Plans, I use ***********. I have had good luck with each of those sites. Both offer free and paid options but I personally just use the free options.

if you have Touring Plans subscription, you can sign up for a reservation alert

For anyone who has just taken their chance waiting in line for the lounge, how long did you wait? I know it won't necessarily be similar the day I'm there, but just trying to get a sense.

I'm interested in the lounge wait too. I am still hoping for a reservation, but I just want to get inside the place for my trip.

Today is my ADR day. There are 7 of us, which I understand is the largest table that can be sat together at Space220. I was able to get a dinner res for 8PM for all of us, but was hoping for something earlier. I booked two separate reservations, splitting us up - adults and kids. One at 5:15, the other at 5:20. I'm hoping we can at least sit near each other. Anyone know if that can be requested ahead of time?

Today is my ADR day. There are 7 of us, which I understand is the largest table that can be sat together at Space220. I was able to get a dinner res for 8PM for all of us, but was hoping for something earlier. I booked two separate reservations, splitting us up - adults and kids. One at 5:15, the other at 5:20. I'm hoping we can at least sit near each other. Anyone know if that can be requested ahead of time?
Just make sure everyone is there 10-15 minutes before the earlier check in time, i.e. I'd have all my folks there at 5:00. Check in with the CM, not via MDE, and let them know you're together and would like to be seated as close together as possible. They'll do their best to keep you together, but be patient, it may take a few minutes.

Just make sure everyone is there 10-15 minutes before the earlier check in time, i.e. I'd have all my folks there at 5:00. Check in with the CM, not via MDE, and let them know you're together and would like to be seated as close together as possible. They'll do their best to keep you together, but be patient, it may take a few minutes.

Great - thank you!!!

Was able to get ADR at 60+6 - was only able to make it for 4 / we are a party of 2 but nothing was coming up for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter