• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

any teachers going during spring break?

saxman

723 miles away
MY wife and I are both teachers and this is our 2nd Spring Break Trip with our 5 year old.

:banana: Who else is looking forward to their Spring Break more than their students???

Not spring break, but the first week out of school this summer for WDW! I can't wait! We are however, visiting Disneyland over this Christmas break, so these last 4 days with those wily 4th graders are long and a bit painful. I think everyone needs a little break from each other about now!

Hahaha, that's funny...my students always laugh at the fact that I know the exact number of school days left until the next break (we are counting down to Christmas break now). And they also know I have one rule...once you get up and get to school and walk through the door to enter the building, that day no longer counts in the countdown. So, since Friday is our last day before break, as of now we have 4 days left, but tomorrow morning at 6:45 when I enter the school building, we will only have 3 days left!

My husband is also a teacher. However, we have 2 little ones (still in diapers so we are not flying) and are driving down from NYC, so we will be going over the summer. We are starting our trip with the longest of all the driving, going all the way to NC the first day. Then on to Savannah, GA for one night. Then on to Boca Raton for 4 nights to visit family. Those 4 days should be the most relaxing of our trip. Then on to Disneyworld for 5 nights. Then back up to NC for a night, then to Maryland to visit some of my old college friends (I went to UM College Park). Then we will head home. Altogether this will be a 2-week road trip for us so we had to do it in the summer. We are going a couple of days after 4th of July, so we don't have to wish the summer away and wait for the end!

Anyway, although I am not going Spring break when you are, I am all into counting down! In fact, I am super-ecstatic that the 6-month mark of our trip is coming up. I am a planner when it comes to vacations and I like to get as much info as possible before I go, and maybe leave a few things for a surprise but still, I feel that if I get more info beforehand, I will be able to relax more once I am there because I will not feel lost.

Enjoy counting down, and enjoy your trip!

-Bonnie

these last 4 days are the longest of the year....................except for May

We live in Northeast MS. We will leave directly from school and drive through Alabama and stay in Dothan, AL. The next day we'll drive to POP and do the pool and Downtown Disney.

Yes these are the longest days! We end school here in NYC in June, so that is a crazy month. Crunch time getting all those grades done and finalizing everything so the office is not chaotic when returning in September! My colleagues and I always say we earn our money in June. Classes end in HS in the middle of June, then state exams are given. We high school teachers are lucky because Middle School and Elementary school teachers have to teach all the way until June 28th! While this is our last day of work as well, we only teach until the 17th at the latest! Sometimes as early as the 12th. So we have time to wind down and clean up before the summer officially starts. Just proctoring tests, and my department only gives French, Spanish and Italian so I mark Italian essays for one day.

3 more days until break!! 6 months and change until my WDW trip!

Not a teacher, but a lunchlady at dd's elementary school, and yes, we're planning on going during Spring Break. But we may have to cancel due to lack of funds :sad:

Still holding our reservations for now.

Officially 2 days left!!! (well 1 and a half)

I am a Band Director who travels between schools and teaches grades 6-8. Exams are very tricky to plan around. Teachers do earn their money at the end of semesters.

I'm going to meet my CM sisterr and our parents over Christmas ~ the parents will fly from their place and I'll fly from NYC on Christmas Day.

Spring Break? I thought about it, but no. TOO many students around! LOL. I'm going to Ireland for that. :P

I am a 4th grade teacher and I am going during my spring break! I am looking forward to it more than I can even say right now. January is going to be a bear with state assessments, midterms, and second quarter report cards all happening at the same time...I am counting the minutes until I get on that plane!

Is it March yet? :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter