Any September guests received FP+ testing invite?

Just in case anyone is wondering, we did a ghost reservation, got the magic bands, scheduled FP+, and then cancelled the ghost reservation. We checked in today at WL (a non-testing resort), and everything has worked great so far! We used the magic bands for the Magical Express, to open our room at WL, to get into DHS, and to use a FP+. The only problem we've had so far is with dining. It had us enter a PIN, and I entered the one I (THINK) I set up, but it said the PIN was invalid. But they said guest relations could fix that for us. So overall, it's worked perfectly -- aside from the obvious questionable ethics :)

Did you have to do anything with the bands at WL when you checked-in or were they just good to go?

Thanks

I had the split stay, non-testing resort (POFQ) for most of my stay with my last night at AoA (testing resort). We got Magicbands in the mail but they don't link to our big POFQ stay - basically MDE implies they will only work for our 1 night at AoA.

We have spent the past hour speaking with different reps at Disney. We spoke with someone in tech, who said that because it's all a test we are basically SOL, whatever we get we get. We asked to speak with a supervisor and she said she didn't have one. We then called Guest Services and spoke with a rep there. She basically told us the same thing as the first rep - we asked for a manager and she sent us to the same lady we talked to in the first place. We called back GS a 3rd time and finally got a manager. We explained the situation, and how we know other guests who stayed at a test resort first who are getting full access to thier MB and FP+ for their entire trip. He basically said these are unfounded because they are non-Disney websites saying so, and that people who are booking FP+ with split stays at non-testing resorts are going to lose their FP+ when they move hotels. He told us our band will only work on our last night and nothing can be done about it.

I'm afraid we are at a dead end - we are going to try writing an email and hope it gets to someone who can do something. I just don't see why Disney would provide us with bands and not even allow us to use them until our last night, whereas if we had booked AoA at the beginning of our stay we could utilize them the whole trip.

I had the split stay, non-testing resort (POFQ) for most of my stay with my last night at AoA (testing resort). We got Magicbands in the mail but they don't link to our big POFQ stay - basically MDE implies they will only work for our 1 night at AoA.

We have spent the past hour speaking with different reps at Disney. We spoke with someone in tech, who said that because it's all a test we are basically SOL, whatever we get we get. We asked to speak with a supervisor and she said she didn't have one. We then called Guest Services and spoke with a rep there. She basically told us the same thing as the first rep - we asked for a manager and she sent us to the same lady we talked to in the first place. We called back GS a 3rd time and finally got a manager. We explained the situation, and how we know other guests who stayed at a test resort first who are getting full access to thier MB and FP+ for their entire trip. He basically said these are unfounded because they are non-Disney websites saying so, and that people who are booking FP+ with split stays at non-testing resorts are going to lose their FP+ when they move hotels. He told us our band will only work on our last night and nothing can be done about it.

I'm afraid we are at a dead end - we are going to try writing an email and hope it gets to someone who can do something. I just don't see why Disney would provide us with bands and not even allow us to use them until our last night, whereas if we had booked AoA at the beginning of our stay we could utilize them the whole trip.

Maybe the stay needed to start at a testing result for it to work..?

It could also be that they cannot GUARANTEE that the bands will work at POFQ and don't want to get caught saying something that's outside of what they have been told to say. Some guests are having no issue with bands working at other resorts...and some (from what I have read on here) HAVE had issues with some or all of the bands NOT working.

As for the FP+ reservations...it seems to be pretty consistent that people who are able to schedule the FP+ reservations for the whole trip have the test resort at the beginning of their trip. This may be an unplanned system loophole.

You should understand that if the CMs who are getting the phone calls are told things work one way and that's all they have been told officially...they can't say anything else to you. The DIS is NOT an official Disney site and all you are seeing here are guest experiences. Your bands MIGHT work...but would you honestly want them to tell you they will and then you get there and they don't?

Best bet would be to just ask when you get there if they can activate the bands or just see if they will work. That won't help with FP+ reservations. If it's that important to you then you could do what many did and book a one night reservation at a testing resort at the beginning of your trip, schedule your FP+ reservations, and then cancel it. You still take a risk of it not working...but there have been reports of it working fine so you could always try it. Don't expect Disney to confirm this officially though because they won't.

Best bet would be to just ask when you get there if they can activate the bands or just see if they will work. That won't help with FP+ reservations. If it's that important to you then you could do what many did and book a one night reservation at a testing resort at the beginning of your trip, schedule your FP+ reservations, and then cancel it. You still take a risk of it not working...but there have been reports of it working fine so you could always try it. Don't expect Disney to confirm this officially though because they won't.

I tried it. Because I already had my MBs for this trip link to my AoA stay, the ghost reservation didn't work. I tried one night arriving 1 day before my trip at Pop Century, but because the MBs were already linked to my AoA stay, they only registered to that stay.

I am aware this is just crappy circumstances. I know it's a test and I don't need to get anything. It just would be extremely more efficient (and you'd think beneficial to Disney) to at least allow me to charge and use my bands for my dining/room key/charge during my entire stay. I would be happy with that, even without FP+. It's better than having an essentially dead MB.

Just in case anyone is wondering, we did a ghost reservation, got the magic bands, scheduled FP+, and then cancelled the ghost reservation. We checked in today at WL (a non-testing resort), and everything has worked great so far! We used the magic bands for the Magical Express, to open our room at WL, to get into DHS, and to use a FP+. The only problem we've had so far is with dining. It had us enter a PIN, and I entered the one I (THINK) I set up, but it said the PIN was invalid. But they said guest relations could fix that for us. So overall, it's worked perfectly -- aside from the obvious questionable ethics :)

Have you been able to change your FP+ selections?

Could you still see the FP+ reservations in MDE? Or can you modify your selections. Thanks.

Could you still see the FP+ reservations in MDE? Or can you modify your selections. Thanks.

I can view them in My Plans but cannot change them in the app. If I select "Update my FP+" it says I am not eligible. I haven't checked on my PC yet

How did you use them for magical express?

any one staying the contemporary resort have a update on the rapid fill mugs ? if they replaced the old ones i will be staying there in 8 days so i would like to know if they have them at that resort ?

We checked in at WL in the same day with illicit bands. Lol. If you see a family of four adults with bands that's probably us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter