Any September guests received FP+ testing invite?

Any end of month peeps been able to get MSEP, Wishes or bonus FP+ from September 25th onwards? I'm getting a big fat nothing. Not even on weekends.

Nope - Wishes, MSEP, and Fantasmic are still absent for September 25th on.

To answer your question Jess... there are several people who have made dummy reservations at a test resort, got their bands, cancelled the reservation, arrived at their "non-test" resort, and the magic bands still worked perfectly as their resort key, at the parks, for all of their reservations, etc.

Can you post me in the direction of these reports please? I haven't seen any and I have been stalking these boards! I did see one yesterday of someone who made a ghost reservation and did not cancel but I haven't seen any live reports from people that have cancelled and have gotten them to work. Thanks!

Can you post me in the direction of these reports please? I haven't seen any and I have been stalking these boards! I did see one yesterday of someone who made a ghost reservation and did not cancel but I haven't seen any live reports from people that have cancelled and have gotten them to work. Thanks!

Me too- I have read countless posts with no info about anyone who actually cancelled their ghost reservation. Pleast tell us where you found this?

I'm not sure if they're in this thred or another one, but I know I have seen 3 separate people post about making ghost ressies and cancelling once they got their bands, and everything worked out fine.

One was from someone who is currently there and the other 2 were from people who had just returned and said they had no issues with the MB's and were even able to use them as room keys for the Contemporary and Y & B resorts.

I'm not sure if they're in this thred or another one, but I know I have seen 3 separate people post about making ghost ressies and cancelling once they got their bands, and everything worked out fine.

One was from someone who is currently there and the other 2 were from people who had just returned and said they had no issues with the MB's and were even able to use them as room keys for the Contemporary and Y & B resorts.

But those hotel's have been in the test program so of course they would work there. :confused3

Laura

But those hotel's have been in the test program so of course they would work there. :confused3

Laura

Really not sure then, as I don't know why they would book a ghost if they were already getting the MB's, but I know people have posted about being at WDW and being able to use the MB's at a non-test resort.
I'll just say that I know of someone personally (at OKW right now) who booked a ghost ressie and cancelled it and their MB's are working for them... not sure if the OKW was brought into the test program or not :confused3

Really not sure then, as I don't know why they would book a ghost if they were already getting the MB's, but I know people have posted about being at WDW and being able to use the MB's at a non-test resort.
I'll just say that I know of someone personally (at OKW right now) who booked a ghost ressie and cancelled it and their MB's are working for them... not sure if the OKW was brought into the test program or not :confused3

OKW is not a MB test resort.

Their FP+ worked fine also?

Yes... they haven't had any problems with FP+ or dining ressies, etc.
As I've said before, I'm just going on what others have said as personally, I'm not in favour of this sneaky way of getting MB's and find the whole process a little off-putting.

So I heard the story book princess meet and greet is opening mid sept. here's hoping they have fastpass + for it!!! Fingers crossed!

Staying at BWV - no FP+ for us!

Oh well, we'll get the last hurrah of regular fastpass I suppose. :confused3

Remember me? Booked one day room only at Pop. Didn't check in. Didn't cancel. Got bands in mail. Booked FP+. Arrived today at Wilderness Lodge today which is not a testing hotel. Lady at the desk tested them. They opened the WL room on first try. Will test FP+ later tonight.

And they unlocked a Dragon in Disney Infinity too. Best $135 I ever spent.

Remember me? Booked one day room only at Pop. Didn't check in. Didn't cancel. Got bands in mail. Booked FP+. Arrived today at Wilderness Lodge today which is not a testing hotel. Lady at the desk tested them. They opened the WL room on first try. Will test FP+ later tonight.

Did you bring up the bands or did the lady at the desk question you about them? Was she nice about it? How did she "test" it?

It unlocked something in Infinity for us, but I'm not sure what it was, I thought it was suppose to be a whole new toy box board or something.

Anyways, glad to hear it worked for you, hope you have a very magical vacation :wizard:

Yep, I remember you! Glad it's worked out for you. I know you really wanted to experience the MB but was at WL. Have a great vacation! Report back after your trip how you liked everything!

Just in case anyone is wondering, we did a ghost reservation, got the magic bands, scheduled FP+, and then cancelled the ghost reservation. We checked in today at WL (a non-testing resort), and everything has worked great so far! We used the magic bands for the Magical Express, to open our room at WL, to get into DHS, and to use a FP+. The only problem we've had so far is with dining. It had us enter a PIN, and I entered the one I (THINK) I set up, but it said the PIN was invalid. But they said guest relations could fix that for us. So overall, it's worked perfectly -- aside from the obvious questionable ethics :)

Just in case anyone is wondering, we did a ghost reservation, got the magic bands, scheduled FP+, and then cancelled the ghost reservation. We checked in today at WL (a non-testing resort), and everything has worked great so far! We used the magic bands for the Magical Express, to open our room at WL, to get into DHS, and to use a FP+. The only problem we've had so far is with dining. It had us enter a PIN, and I entered the one I (THINK) I set up, but it said the PIN was invalid. But they said guest relations could fix that for us. So overall, it's worked perfectly -- aside from the obvious questionable ethics :)

Ha ha! Thanks for reporting back, as I know a LOT of people were wondering about if it would work!

jess1662 said:

Great news. I am glad to see it working as I plan to cancel our ghost reservation later today. Thanks for updating!

The only people I have seen question the "ethics" of this are those that have been asked to test MB because they happened to have a reservation at a test resort. I am not sure why they are so concerned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter