Any September guests received FP+ testing invite?

There's a chance it was an unnecessary check. She wanted to test the bands to make sure they came up. It's likely it would have worked without this.

They probably got more benefit from you since it let the person at the desk get practice with it :)

No, they met me at the curb, checked me in on an iPad, walked behind the counter and grabbed my stuff. They didn't say/ask anything about them and neither did I. They just worked at the room and at the parks.

We leave in 12 days, I think I missed my opportunity to try the ghost reservation. Do not have enough time to get the reservation, get the magicbands and cancel the reservation with no charge. Will have to wait until next visit to try the Magic Bands. Thanks for all the info!

Checked in yesterday at POP with MB. Used them with no problem at the air port for ME, checked in, set PIN at check in, which was done with an iPad in the lobby. They have worked without a hitch except for when we went to get in the park, our tickets weren't linked, so guest relations said it seems to be an ongoing trend with POP. We have to stop by concierge this morning on our way out.
Also, we have key cards too and were able to use both FP systems!

staying right now in All Star Movies after one night in Pop Century, our Magic Band were waiting for us in the front desk because we are from oversea

we checked out Pop Century friday morning

now MB work for everything except to open our room in All Star Movies, i can make FP+ change, few people have magic band in the parks

We are traveling 9/26 to 10/2 - Contemporary Resort - I received our package documents with no mention of the Magic Bands. About two days after I got the package, I signed onto the MDE app on my phone, and the MB customization and FP+ reservations showed up. I customized our bands and scheduled our FPs and they all showed up immediately. Afterwards, I went back to cancel a FP reservation from EPCOT and change it. There was a little time delay before the reservation showed up as canceled and the new one appeared, but it went through. All my dining reservations, etc. showed up in the app.
Then I had to cancel a dining reservation and make a new one. After I got off the phone with Disney dining, the new reservation showed up on the app. Everything is linked together.
I will admit I am a little scared to try it out, but look forward to something new and hopefully more convenient.
I do agree with the general concensus that once the testing is over and this goes live, it will not be so easy to get FP reservations or change the times. There will be too much competition on the site for that.

staying right now in All Star Movies after one night in Pop Century, our Magic Band were waiting for us in the front desk because we are from oversea

we checked out Pop Century friday morning

now MB work for everything except to open our room in All Star Movies, i can make FP+ change, few people have magic band in the parks

I expected to see more than I have seen. People are surprised to see the bands still.

We were selected for the testing but there is a problem with the system allowing us to make fastpass selections. We have two different reservations at POP due to the pin code expiring before the last day and using a different discount for the additional night. Have spoken to someone from IT department several times and they say they are working on the problem. They even tried deleting the original first reservation and rebooking, but it still only allows fastpass for our last stay. Hope they get it sorted out soon. We arrive on 9/20.

We are staying for two nights at Coronado before we check in to Polynesian, which is how we got our bands. We have our bands in our possession and they are linked to tickets built into the Polynesian package. We completed online-checkin before our bands were ordered.

Will we have the ability to use our bands to enter the parks during our Coronado days?

If the bands are active and have valid admission media on them, part of me thinks it will work. But if people are seeing that some sort of "activation" has to occur at the main/testing resort at check-in, I could see how we'd have to wait to use the tickets.

Just back from a split stay at Pop & CSR. We had magic bands and loved them!!!! We had gotten them cause of our 2night stay at Pop. We were able to use them our entire stay. Even at check in at CSR the CM wasn't sure they work but thy did. I couldn't say enough good things about the bands. They make things soooo much easier. No more digging out your KTTK cards out. If I can answer any questions let me know.

Just thought I would come and share our experience with the Magic Bands so far.

We are at All Star Sports but did a room only last night at POP so we could get the bands. No problems using them at POP but today we did run into some trouble. We didn't come check in at All Star Sports (though I did do online check in) but went straight to MK instead. When we got there our tickets were not linked to our bands (even though they were showing up on MDE at home on my computer- they did not appear in the app on my iPad or phone) so we had to go over to guest relations. They gave us ticket cards to use and I was able to put the number in my app right then and there and we were able to use our bands to get in the park.

At lunch time I wasn't sure if our dining plan credits would work yet or not. We went to pay for lunch and they did not show up. No biggie. We used our card on file and were told to take our receipt to the concierge desk at the resort and they could fix it for us (credit the card and deduct the meal credits). Got to the resort, checked in, went to get our mugs and a couple snacks and it still wasn't working with our bands. Pulled out the KTTW card they gave us at check in and that didn't work either. The cashier did a little work around to get it to use my credits but we went straight to concierge to get it figured out.

Spent an hour with a manager and he still wasn't able to get the dining plan to deduct from our magic bands. We can access our room and park tickets via the bands but need to use a KTTW card for our dining plan. He was excellent- kept apologizing for my troubles and worked his Disney magic to make sure my time wasn't wasted. I kept telling him I knew it was a test and I was doing something to complicate things and that I understood. I think he was excited to play with the magic band system too since he doesn't get to do anything with it regularly yet. He was really excited about the program as a whole (his family has gotten to use it to test it too).

As for FP+ actually using them has been great. Dealing with the app and trying to change things in the park has been a bit of a nightmare. While dealing with our dining plan issue we missed one of our FP+ times but I couldn't go in and change it after the fact (though earlier that morning I had luck changing a different one that we missed). Also I had some trouble with the "copy" feature. Hoping things get better but I am not holding my breath. My feedback will reflect my frustrations with the app for sure.

We are staying for two nights at Coronado before we check in to Polynesian, which is how we got our bands. We have our bands in our possession and they are linked to tickets built into the Polynesian package. We completed online-checkin before our bands were ordered.

Will we have the ability to use our bands to enter the parks during our Coronado days?

If the bands are active and have valid admission media on them, part of me thinks it will work. But if people are seeing that some sort of "activation" has to occur at the main/testing resort at check-in, I could see how we'd have to wait to use the tickets.

They may work for tickets and meals for anything linked to your MDE before the Poly. But the FP+ will not be available until the first day of your Poly stay.

It may work but you will probably have to go to guest services at which ever park you go to first to get a ticket. I just went through this yesterday. You can read about my experience about 2 posts above this one.

They may work for tickets and meals for anything linked to your MDE before the Poly. But the FP+ will not be available until the first day of your Poly stay.

Understood. Really, I am trying to figure out if I want to add a day to my tickets that would allow us to go to the parks before our full package checkin -- seems like an easier, simpler way to get early access to your tickets.

It may work but you will probably have to go to guest services at which ever park you go to first to get a ticket. I just went through this yesterday. You can read about my experience about 2 posts above this one.

While I was reading your report, I was thinking, "I should be fine because my tickets are showing up in the app." Well, I doubled checked and realized that they aren't. So I bet I'd run into a similar problem.

Hello.. We just returned from Disney (9/8) and we loved the magic bands! We had a RO reservation at Pop for the first night, than CBR package for the remainder of our stay. I checked in online for both resorts.. The bands worked for everything! The rooms, the dining plan, the park tickets and the FP+ ....I even changed some times with the app! I also had a Fp ressie for lunch at BOG...worked like a charm!(but the meal that I pre-ordered from home would not show up, so I had to use the kiosk) Good luck and enjoy!! :goodvibes

oo.. and we were picked as Family Of The Day at CBR... so cute!!

Hello.. We just returned from Disney (9/8) and we loved the magic bands! We had a RO reservation at Pop for the first night, than CBR package for the remainder of our stay. I checked in online for both resorts.. The bands worked for everything! The rooms, the dining plan, the park tickets and the FP+ ....I even changed some times with the app! I also had a Fp ressie for lunch at BOG...worked like a charm!(but the meal that I pre-ordered from home would not show up, so I had to use the kiosk) Good luck and enjoy!! :goodvibes

oo.. and we were picked as Family Of The Day at CBR... so cute!!

For BOG lunch how do you check in? Is it thru your magics band or email? How exactly does that work? :)

We received our MBs about 2 weeks ago and arrive at WDW on Saturday :)

Today I received an e-mail from Disney with tips on using the MBs. We can even use them to check in at DME - I didn't know that! Here's the e-mail:

We're excited you are coming to visit Walt Disney World Resort! If you've decided to be a part of the MyMagic+ test, here are a few suggestions on how to make sure you're prepared.

Don't forget to bring your MagicBands

If you had your MagicBands shipped to you, you'll need them as soon as you arrive and will want to wear them while you travel and throughout your visit. If you're flying, make sure you don't pack your MagicBands in your checked bags. You'll need them to board Disney's Magical Express at the airport.

Your MagicBand connects you to the choices you've made on My Disney Experience. With it, you'll be able to:

•Enter your Disney Resort hotel room.

•Enter the Walt Disney World Parks
(valid Park admission required).

•Access the FastPass+ experiences you've selected.

•Buy food and merchandise* at select locations.

Plus, your MagicBand is waterproof so you can wear it everywhere and anywhere, even in the pool.

Your privacy is important to us. Please visit MyDisneyExperience.com/privacy for information about privacy and data collection policies including your option to select an RF card.

Make sure to select or update your FastPass+ experiences

If you're planning to visit the Theme Parks during this test, with the NEW FastPass+ service, you can choose times to visit select attractions and shows before you arrive** (valid Theme Park admission required). Plus, you can view and modify your FastPass+ selections at any time on MyDisneyExperience.com or on the My Disney Experience mobile app.

Download the My Disney Experience mobile app for FREE

This digital guide to the magic allows you to reserve dining and select FastPass+ experiences**—and make changes on the go. Plus, enjoy access to show times, smart Park maps and official wait times in one easy place to help you get around. To download now, visit:

Availability subject to device limitations and features may vary by device or service provider. Coverage and app stores not available everywhere. If you're under 18, get your parents' permission first.

Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google, Inc.

*Credit card must be presented at Resort hotel check-in for purchases with MagicBand. Purchases are charged to your Disney Resort hotel account.

**FastPass+ experiences, the number of selections you can make and arrival windows are limited.

This invitation is sent to you based on your arrival date and Disney Resort hotel. It is nontransferable and void if sold.

Based on your participation in this test, you will be asked for feedback on your planning and vacation experiences from Walt Disney World Research.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter