Any recent Gaylord Palms stays?

Aimeedyan

DIS Veteran
We are blocked out over Memorial Day but still wanted a resort stay with a great pool. Disney prices are $$$ and I can't find a DVC confirmed rental. Gaylord is one we haven't stayed at yet but their pool area is appealing (at least in pictures!) + the onsite amenities. We have a toddler so the less leaving the hotel for food and activities the better, esp when we can't enter the parks.

Thumbs up or thumbs down?

The pool was pretty great when I stayed there a few years ago, and they've added even more since then.

I generally think the atrium balcony rooms are not worth the extra cost. However, with a toddler, it might be nice just to have that "extra room" (the balcony) to escape to once in a while.

Just make sure you factor in resort and parking fees when deciding if it is in your budget. I think what they charge for parking is absurd when you look at it on its own; but if the total cost when factoring everything in is OK with you, then go for it.

The food was fine...but overpriced. It's there if you really don't want to leave, but if you have a car, I would go elsewhere.

So we just stayed there in April and imo it was just ok. We didn’t really spend much time at the resort, because we did all Disney. It’s really Close to the parks, just one or two turns, but the Location is the best thing I can say. It’s a huge resort, our room was 1/2 mile from the parking garage. We had to walk down a long corridor to the elevator up to 7 and walk half way back down the same Corridor. The atrium was big and hard to get around and the pool was hard to find, it’s huge and the lazy river is fast, but with no tubes, personally I wouldn’t stay there again.

I just stayed here for Mothers Day. Our family have many happy memories staying at the Gaylord in Texas and now in Orlando.
My gchildren in Texas can’t stop talking about wanting to stay here next visit which kinda surprised me. They are 14 & 15 now.
I think Gaylord is best enjoyed if you can find a reasonable rate .
I also think all future visits would be booked with the interior Atrium view with a balcony and would choose a better holiday.
They seem to be very popular for locals to enjoy pool with their families and have a little getaway.
I also think many weddings are booked at this location and have watched from my balcony room view and it was beautiful
I always plan to go here at the end of November for my birthday to enjoy that holiday light show and they have many fun family activities. Also am fascinated by the alligators living in the atrium and really amazing to watch the feeding times.
The holiday lights really add sparkle to the enjoyment of walking around this resort plus the interior landscaping is really nice.
Families decorate those interior balconies for Halloween and Xmas.
Plus their is nothing as relaxing as sitting on their balconies to people watch or to read a book with the French doors wide open and no worries about bugs or rainstorms,etc in Orlando, while I wait for the light show.
I like the poolside restaurant and their is a buffet in the restaurant in the lobby but check for their times .
Hope you can find a reasonable rate or plan to just visit another time to just park and explore.
Are their any other locations you are considering?
If you find a reasonable rate at the Margaritaville ( due to construction expansion ) .. the rooms are very nice.
I also just stayed at the Hilton Signia and was disappointed with that construction mess. Normally I love this place but going to wait to return .

If you are looking for pool days, Gaylord Palms is great. They have a great quiet pool and the new lazy river. We have stayed there a couple times on free night certificates with Marriott. Keep in mind the daily resort and parking fees. These added up to over $60/night on our free night stays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter