• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any recent experience with Southwest? How is the quarantine affecting California layovers?

tidefan

DIS Veteran
We travel in March, currently through San Diego, which is under the Regional Stay at Home. Since we are coming from the East Coast, we arrive late on a Friday into SAN and depart early Saturday morning for HNL. So, technically, that's an "overnight" stay. Can't find much information on layover. Don't think we'd have to quarantine, but I am thinking we may not be able to stay in the hotel (though they said they thought we could). Would it be better to reroute via Sacramento, which, my understanding is no longer under the Regional Stay at Home order?

Or, do I have all of this confused...

And... just like that CA has ended the Stay at Home order, so I suppose this thread is now moot...

I am in a similar situation to the OP. I see the stay at home order has been lifted, but I don't think the visitor quarantine has been lifted, and that is what would potentially cause a problem with being able to stay at a hotel for your layover. Even if the quarantine order was lifted, it could be re-instated at any time. I think I am going to change our layover so we fly out of Las Vegas instead of California.

I am in a similar situation to the OP. I see the stay at home order has been lifted, but I don't think the visitor quarantine has been lifted, and that is what would potentially cause a problem with being able to stay at a hotel for your layover. Even if the quarantine order was lifted, it could be re-instated at any time. I think I am going to change our layover so we fly out of Las Vegas instead of California.
I believe that the mandatory quarantine is only in LA, San Francisco, and Santa Clara counties, but I could be wrong...

Here in NY, the visitor quarantine is only required if you will be in the state for 24 hours or longer. Does the California verbiage say anything about this or does it simply say "overnight"?

I am actually flying into san jose and then out of sacramento 36 hrs later. Is it going to be a problem to drive to Sacramento?

I am actually flying into san jose and then out of sacramento 36 hrs later. Is it going to be a problem to drive to Sacramento?
Its my understanding that Santa Clara county, where San Jose is located, has a mandatory 10 day quarantine in place for arrivals. Are you staying near San Jose or near Sacramento? From what I have seen, its not clear whether the Santa Clara quarantine is applicable to people just passing through. In NY, people who are in the state less than 24 hours are exempt from the requirement, so perhaps they do something similar. If that is the case, you'd have to stay somewhere outside county lines. It would be worthwhile for you to look further into it to ensure you're compliant with Santa Clara county requirements.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter