Any Princess 5K walkers?

travelin' tigger

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone! I've done a few 5Ks in the past year but I can only walk really fast (16 min. mile or better) as my knees can't handle jogging or running. This will be my 1st Disney 5K (bucket list!) and I was hoping for some advice or tips to help me out on my latest quest. TIA!!

Last edited:
Yes, you can walk the 5k at that speed at Disney. You probably will have time to take photos as well; ‘take’ being defended as you use your phone to take the picture of the character as those in line waiting change places. Enjoy the experience when you are walking. Focus on what is going on around you.

glad to hear there are other Bucket List walkers out there. Im in the same boat as you are Travelin tigger right down to the not going to do it knees. Here is another question: at what time do the racers have to be out of the park AND do those with past race experience recommend going back to the hotel to get changed or is that a waste of tme if the day of the race is also a park day. Hitting all the buckets on this trip: Race plus parks. Thanks.

Someone else will need to answer the question about closing down the 5k course; despite strolling the course in an hour I was not at the back of the pack and some of the character lines I passed were 15 minute waits.

Post race it is up to you. In January I showered and dressed for the park at 2 am - yes, that means I walked the 5k in jeans - as I had a breakfast reservation at Magic Kingdom. For the 10k and full I wore running gear and then went back to the room to shower. Some people go to the parks in their running gear, a lot go back to their room to change, some bring a gear bag to check with post race clothing. It is a matter of personal preference. Keep in mind that for the 5k you will be getting on a bus at 3:30 am, standing around until after 4, and then standing in your corral from 5 am until start (typically 6:15 ish for the last corral). Allow at least 45 minutes to clear the finish chute and get to wherever you are headed (hotel or park).

LdyStormy76: Thanks for all your help. I'm very excited!!

CajunCookie: Nice to hear from a fellow walker. Last weekend I tried to do a little jogging but realized that won't work. So speed walking it is!

I walked both Marathon weekend and Wine and Dine. I took about an hour and enjoyed myself. They don't time it, and it ends well before the parks open.

I am planning on walking the Princess as well as the 10K. I signed up for the challenge and need to save myself for the 1/2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter