Any previous Tropical Palms guests

Jane E.

DIS Veteran
out there? I've registered for Tropical Palms for our minivacation this fall. I was sooo undecided. We have two teens who fight all the time (they even fought in their sleep on our last vacation), so we really need a suite. Most of the suites I looked at were over $100 - the cheapest one was about $79 & all had breakfast included. At Tropical Palms, I got a rate of $69 a nite for a larger suite. i was hoping to get the one for $59 per nite but the reservations person said that suite would be too small for us. We're on a limited budget, so I decided to go for the cheapest rate I could get and eat breakfast in our cottage each morning. Yesterday, my head felt like it was spinning. I did a search of the more popular suite hotels and I kept getting more confused. There were so many! Tropical Palms got lots of excellent reviews so I decided to go for it, especially since the rates were cheaper. If you have any recommendations or suggestions please fire away. Does anyone remeber if the air conditioner/heater worked ok? Are they unit ac's or central heat and air?

Just returned from a 2 week stay at the Tropical Palms and couldn't have been more pleased. Beats a suite or hotel room by a mile. We had the 2-bedroom studio (cost us $79 a night but the rates have probably dropped due to people backing out of their vacations) and feel it was worth every single penny. There were 2 bedrooms - one on each end - and also an upper sleeping loft. The kitchen/living area also had a studio couch that opened into a full-size bed. The kitchen has all full size appliances - even a dishwasher and microwave. The a/c was central and worked excellent! Good thing too as it was extremely humid while we were there. Staff was VERY helpful - there's a small store within the office - the grounds and pools (one is for kiddies) are very clean - nice laundromat on the grounds - and the poolside cafe that serves breakfast and lunch is incredibly cheap for some very large portions of food. It's very quiet there yet very close to Old Town which I'm sure you're teenagers would enjoy. Was great to sit out on the deck every evening and watch the armadillos scrounging around for bugs. (Don't worry - they won't hurt you if you don't try to corner them or something.) Any other questions feel free to e-mail me at: OldLadyOfTheLake@aol.com

I would DEFINITELY stay there again and it only took us about 5 minutes to drive to the parks. You're also located right off of 192 which has tons of stores and such to shop in. When are you going there? Attendance is very low at the parks right now - some days it almost seemed as though we were there after everything had closed because there were so few people walking around.. Hope you have a GREAT time! Ours was kind of a bust due to weather and the terrorist attacks.. Feel free to e-mail me.

Tropical Palms is absolutly wonderful. We have stayed there and loved every thing about it. It is convenient and comfortable. Lots of space to move around. It really does feel like you are at a resort in the tropics. Less than ten minutes to the parks and close to shopping and dining. I am sure you will be pleased. :wave:

Thanks for the responses, C.Ann & TinkerPixie! I'm feeling great about my decision. We're going for the food & wine festival at Epcot in late October for three nights. We've been wanting to see that so we thought this was as good a time as any. C.Ann you had the two bedroom. We've got an open studio, but it looks similiar in size to the two bedroom but no walls dividing up the space. The two bedroom you rented is still $79. We were undecided, but I decided to go with the open studio plan for now. We'll be saving $30 - if we go again we may try it. I'm glad to hear that the air conditioners work well. I was so worried about getting in and having a noisy air conditioner that didn't work. Who knows, maybe we'll need a heater instead. You can never tell about October's weather. C.Ann, I'm sorry to hear that you were there during the terrorist attacks. That must have been awful. Also, thanks for your email addy-I've been having trouble with my emails - I can get them, but I have trouble sending them lately. Dh thinks that it may be how I am registered. I started having this trouble about 2 mos ago when we had a new computer hard drive put in! I have two teens so only God knows what they have done to this computer!!LOL! Thanks for the great info! You've made my day. I was so afraid my family would miss being in a suite hotel. It sounds like I've made a good decision.

More than happy to provide any info I can.. I know how nerve racking it can be to reserve something "sight unseen" - I was an absolute WRECK till I actually saw the cottages - ha! If you have any more questions let me know.. Also I may be going back alone in 2 years so I'd be interested in how the smaller studio is laid out.. Meant to ask to see one before we left but we decided to keep the rental car and drive all the way back to New York instead of flying so we left too early in the morning.. Drop me a line and let me know how you liked the cottages when you get back.. Have a safe and wonderfully magical trip!!!! :)

Thanks for your review. At least I'm not worrying about it anymore, as long as my teens don't fight! I'll drop you a line and let you know how everything went. I'm so glad you made it safely back to New York.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter