Any Last Words?

Goof Man

Earning My Ears
A week from tomorrow we'll be pulling into The Fort. Leaving Saturday crossing at Detroit, (I75 all the way) :drive:
stopping near Lexington, Sunday driving and far as Macon Georgia. Monday, WE ARRIVE FOR 9 NIGHTS, 5 DAYS AT THE PARKS!!!!:cool1:

First time for my family, the kids think we're leaving in two weeks. Any last minute advice?
(example: trip, park, stuff to do outside parks) Lay your #1 tip on me.:surfweb:

Take time to just enjoy the fort......go to beach by the settlement at 9:45 and watch the electricnwater parade and the wishes fireworks.

Park days - be there 30 minutes at least before rope drop and if you're eating counter service lunch in the parks eat around 11:30 or after 1:00 (avoid the traditional lunch time).

Otherwise I'm a big fan of www.tourguidemike.com

Have a great trip.

We'll be right along with you. We start our drive 2am Saturday morning and arrive at Fort Wilderness on Sunday. :thumbsup2

Give the kids something to do, don't stress the time table, enjoy your family even when you might not want to, bring plenty of film, and most of all......love each other and truly enjoy.

Have a fun and relaxing time Goof Man. :woohoo:

I'll pass on a tip from the "Unofficial Guide to WDW" / Touring Plans website that I follow. They estimate crowd levels at WDW and each day recommend the best (least crowded) Disney park to attend and tell you what they expect the worst (most crowded) one to be.

As such they rarely/never recommend the best park (least crowded) as the one having the Early Morning Hour. That is because, duh :eek:, lots of on-site folks show up for the EMH day.

Tell us about it when you get back. :thumbsup2

Bama ED

We come via I-75 through Detroit for every trip. What time are you crossing through Detroit? If it is by noon or so you will be in Lexington really early. We normally make it to the Sweetwater, TN KOA, day 1 and pull into FW around 3-4 the next afternoon.

The same is true from Lexington to Macon. There will be a lot of daylight left when you get to Macon. From Lexington you should be able to make Valdosta at a minimum and put a few more hours behind you. Last year we actually departed from Columbus, Ohio (family event) and stayed at the Valdosta KOA that night.

My philosophy is that every hour saved on the road is another available to WDW!

Best piece of advice - avoid Atlanta during rush hour. We made the mistake of starting home on Friday last year, hit Atlanta during rush hour, and spent the better part of 3 hours doing 30 mph on the freeway. I was never so exhausted in my life! :sad2:

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter