Any January 10, 2004 Eastern Cruisers lurking yet?

Spent Labor Day on the computer. Wish it was for fun stuff like DCL, but it was with the intent of helping to prepare DS's 5th grade presentation on Iowa. Hmm... How to make Iowa fun. Oh, I've got it, let's watch corn grow!

http://www.iowafarmer.com/corncam/corn.html

Anyway, maybe now, as Steve says, that life gets back to routine when school starts (you are kidding, right, Steve?), maybe we can get something onto the web site, too.

Carla

Yeh Carla I was kidding. My wife just called and she and the kids went after school and replaced a beta fish that had committed suicide last week by jumping clear out of the bowl onto the floor in the middle of the night. My son picked an aquatic frog, instead of another beta. My wife is also vice president of PTA in charge of fundraising, so we won't see much of her in the next few weeks. Oh the joys of parenthood.
:D
Can't wait until 1/10/04.
Steve

Gee, which fundraisers? Anybody wanna buy an Entertainment book????? You can order one from any city and my kids will get credit, just let me know. How 'bout an Orlando one? Anybody need giftwrap? Chocolates? Starbucks coffee? Spring bulbs? Just give me ring, I can supply any of these things at twice their normal price. Such a deal.

Remind me to tell you the story of the "Nemo-esque" crawdad and fiddler crab when we cruise. We ain't just talkin' suicide here, we are talkin' serious ritual Hara-Kiri. And the story of the world's most gourmet raccoon (we think) food..... or maybe not food, just clinical dissection practice.

Gee, even have to go back and edit my posts for spelling, I spend the day with kindies and first graders, trying to expain short vowel sounds. Then b-u-t comes up, they laugh uproariously.... I try to explain why but is not the same as butt.....cannot spell worth squat for the rest of the day.

Carla

Carla, sounds like you need a vacation already. Can't wait to hear about the fiddler crabs.

Steve

I ALWAYS need a vacation. When I used to work, someone put a black and yellow caution sign over my desk that read "Caution, in extreme need of a vacation". There was another one too, hung by a friend, but I would be tossed off the DIS if I quoted it.

Brack, jpegs are on their way. A bit dated, but at least they are Disneyesque.

Now I've gotta go make boeuf bourguignon for 14 for a party we are having Saturday, was supposed to be on the deck, but of course, the weather forcast is for cold, rainy weather. Now I guess I'll HAVE to clean the house.

Cara

Duh Carla (see I cannot spell at all)

OK I think everything is complete!

I made airline reservations...finally a fare sale that includes Friday departures. Got $171rt on Song which is the cheapest I've found that includes Friday travel. Those of us with lots of leave are flying down Friday AM to play in the parks. Those of us with little leave are flying down Friday PM for a good night's rest before the cruise. I hope there is no winter weather that Friday. Wish us lucK!

Just made ressies with yourride.net. Funny...I filled out the form with care, or so I thought. Then a few minutes later I got a phone call asking me if I was booking for Jan 2003 or Jan 2004 :) ooops! Anyway that's all set. I have them picking us up (party of 8 adults) at 930am at the airport. Does that sound right?

Hotel is set, the Airport Hyatt (yay!), 3 rooms in all. What a steal that was ($60/nt Hotwire).

Put the finishing touches on cruise reservations today. Moved people out of one room into another. We are all set with 3 cat 9 rooms all right next to each other (2620/2622/2624) and one cat 11 (6133).

I think we will visit a local ABC establishment on Friday to pickup some beverage since our first two days are at sea. Amaretto with OJ in the AM is great!

I'm hoping to save enough to book back-to-back cruises for 2005 when we're on board.

Did I forget anything?

Originally posted by rcostello1
OK I think everything is complete!

Did I forget anything?

Snorkels, fins , hit the summer sales for extra swimsuits and aloha shirts.

Carla

Originally posted by abitjaded
Snorkels, fins , hit the summer sales for extra swimsuits and aloha shirts.

Carla

Snorkels--got 'em, don't use fins, I'm slightly retarded with snorkeling :), I have hit the summer sales, and they hit me back in the wallet!

I have some great clothes for the cruise. I'm filled to the brim with linen and summer silk tropicals. I need a nice pair of black sandals. I'm planning to wear sandals except for formal night and semi-formal night. I have some Born brand sandals, they are the most comfortable and lightweight that I own. I wear them when traveling.

I'm debating whether or not to pack tennis shoes. I would only use them to workout, and I haven't been successful in that endeavor while cruising in the past...

I'm trying to pack light this time. That is a HUGE challenge. have to be careful with the snorkel gear...a mask of mine is somewhere around St. Maarten... :)

abitjaded: looking forward to the pics. I'm in Atlanta for a week starting tomorrow but I bought Frontpage to take with me. I have started a whole new layout. Now if I can transfer it when I'm done to the web site! We'll see.

I don't know about the rest of you but I am getting the fever bad for this cruise. I have Jimmy Buffet playing in my CD all the time. Caribbean Soul is all I think about.
:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Brack, We're getting excited also. There is so much to think about and plan. Plus finishing paying it off would help. :p

Steve

Brack, we have been listening to a CD I picked up cheap at Pier 1 imports. Has "Hot Hot Hot" by Buster Poindexter, "Kokomo" by the Baha Men, "Island Girl" by Elton John, "You Can Get It If You Really Want" by Jimmy Cliff, "Montego Bay" by Bobby Bloom and some others. Good mood music. We always pick up a CD or tape to play on each vacation. Hawai'i will always be "Maui Super Man" and "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" by IZ (Israel Kamakawiwo'ole), road trips will be Willy Nelson and our first trip to WDW can still be evoked by every play of the "Alladin" soundtrack. (The whole trip to WDW and our subsequent obsession was a fluke, it was supposed to be Mexico again, but I found out DS #1 was on the way and the obstetrician forbade it.)

Rcostello1, why no fins? They really are such a help with snorkeling, they allow a lot more speed and so much less effort. DH and I were divers once-upon-a-time (hence the Mexico trips). We can give you some tips, there are easy tricks for getting in and out of the surf or getting into the water from a boat deck. Plus, we always mark all your snorkel gear with sharpies. It is so easy to leave something in the tangle of gear on dive boats. Check out a dive shop. We have a great duffle, made of mesh that lets the gear drain and sand filter out. It is made like a back-pack and can be carried on your back or as a duffle.

Leave the tennies at home, if you cannot do it in Bjorn (what is the macro for that kind of spelling?), or Tevas, my personal favorite, or barefooot, and it involves exercise, it cannot be worth doing on a vacation! Black sandals and black socks for formal night. Who, besides ducklite, is ever gonna notice? Though I'm going to have to do something soon, before we go, or nothing I bought last year is going to fit.

Steve, have my final payment earning a whopping 1% at the credit union. I hope my TA is on the ball and reminds me on time.

And yeah, re. the party, it was cold and almost rainy, we got dinner outside but had dessert inside. Cleaned for the whole day and the house is a wreck already. Now I've got to clean again, DS birthday party Saturday, and all the adults want to stay, too. Don't rain, don't rain, don't rain. We had the most dreadful drought this year, then partytime and it rains.....

Carla

Anybody still here? I know everybody is busy, so I thought this deserved a bump. Only about 2 months until final payment is due.:eek:

Steve

Funny how we have not picked up any new cruisers. C'mon lurkers, fess up.

Carla

Oh no! :) "My" rooms are paid for, I have 1 room that I'm not fiscally responsible for. :)

OK, so I'm sure none of you is a compulsive travel planner since you belong to this DISboards group of, members of which are never type-a or anal... ;) I've made travel binders for each room in my party. I will have 3 first-time cruisers with me.

I have printed the 7-day navigators, excursions, shopping info, menus, and some select other information. Now I can get started on my famous spreadsheet! :teeth: I make a spreadsheet noting what we're doing when, etc.

The hardest part is deciding when to do things like brunch, tea, and Palo. Since that depends on our dining rotation (in my mind, because I want to hit certain restaurants on certain nights), I can't totally figure everything out until we get to the port.

I'm hoping for LPALPAL, isn't that the one adult-only groups usually get? I think that's what we had last time.

HAPPY PLANNING!

rcostello1, Sounds like you have everything pretty well worked out. We have things scattered everywhere. Trying to get it alltogether so we know where it is and what we don't have.

Steve

Back from Atlanta yesterday. My DW and 30yo DS from Dallas meet at Atlanta airport for a conference. We pick up a rental car and my wife said "let's do something crazy!" We leave Atlanta at 6pm Sat night and drive to WDW. Arrive at 1am, sleep for a few hrs at All Star Sports then hit Epcot on Sun. We rode Mission Space twice (it is really cool!) and had a blast all day. At 6pm we drove back to Atlanta and get in about 1am. We were a little tired for the conference Monday morn but it was worth it. :smooth:

Oh Brack, what a hoot! Would love to be near enough to WDW to drive there on a whim. One year we had PAPs since I had a conference close by and Brad had one in Orlando. We went four times in one year, mostly because Excite (remember them?) kept offering $100 RT airfare from Denver and WD Travel kept offering dirt cheap AP hotel rates (got a $99/night Swan teachers rate, $129 premium savannah view at AKL and $59 AS Music twice). Ahhh... those were the days. I am so envious. How was Space? Did it make any of you ill? I did RnRoller Coaster once, enough. TofT, never. Not much else at WDW gets me, but I hate being spun.

Carla

My DS9 and I will be on the Jan 10 cruise and can't wait!! This will be our 4th Disney Cruise and every year it's gotten better and better.....let's just hope this year surpasses the others!

Mom from NC

Welcome Cadbury's Mom! Is that the chocolate? I have a just turned 10 DS. Have him PM my guy!;)

Carla

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter