Any Jambo House reopening rumors?

dischris11

Mouseketeer
I'm staying at Jambo House in October/November. Has anyone heard anything about the hotel side reopening this year? I'm hoping the restaurants and hotel are open by the time we go.

With the 50th coming in the Fall I would imagine it will be open by then. As of late July the only resorts that won't be open (as far as I can tell) will be Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans x2, and All-Star x2.

There are DVC rooms open there at AKL but nothing on resort rooms yet.

Last edited:

I'm staying at Kidani in October and would love to switch to a Jambo hotel room so I'm hopeful that the hotel side of things will open up, as well. It seems to me like demand for hotel rooms is there to open up the resort fully, but the real issue is getting staff in place to support a full opening. I expect the return of the CP will help with that to some extent...but it is not enough on its own.

My sister booked a trip for October 3 weeks ago and pretty much had her choice of where to stay. Now all but 3 resorts show no availability. If demand keeps up then they will probably open more. Right now for my August AKL DVC stay most resorts have some availability so if I had to make a completely uneducated guess probably more of AKL will open up sometime between late August and mid October

My sister booked a trip for October 3 weeks ago and pretty much had her choice of where to stay. Now all but 3 resorts show no availability. If demand keeps up then they will probably open more. Right now for my August AKL DVC stay most resorts have some availability so if I had to make a completely uneducated guess probably more of AKL will open up sometime between late August and mid October
On the DVC side, almost everything is solidly booked in October/early November. Your guess may be a good one.

I can only imagine that as other things slowly start to open up and capacity still continues to rise, the rest of the hotels will open. I'm staying at Jambo in January, and am hoping the restaurants and amenities will be open then as well!

Wow I am so far removed. We have a New Years stay at jambo dvc booked. I didn’t even realize anything was closed over there. I assume by Xmas they are going to have it fully opened.

I stayed at the Jambo house villas in October 2020. The gift shop was closed. All of the restaurants were closed. We had to go over to Kidani to get to go food and a few grocery items from the very small Kidani gift shop that was out of basics like cereal. I just love the Jambo house gift shop! I am returning in January - when the Kidani pool is scheduled to be closed. Kind of yucky to think one will have no pool and the other will have no services to speak of.

🖐🏻 pick me, AKL!!! We have been stalking availability at AKL as well. We usually rent points, so we stay DVC and plan the trip well ahead of time. Currently have double reservations for first week in October at Coronado Springs, in the case of a fall discount, but also booked off property at a gorgeous 3 bed condo for less than half the price. But if AKL opens up and more DVC rooms could become available or a Hotwire deal pops up before the end of July, we will stay Disney.

I was hoping Boma would be open for our upcoming stay in two weeks, but I don’t see that happening. I bet it will be open by 10/1 for sure.

I stayed at the Jambo house villas in October 2020. The gift shop was closed. All of the restaurants were closed. We had to go over to Kidani to get to go food and a few grocery items from the very small Kidani gift shop that was out of basics like cereal. I just love the Jambo house gift shop! I am returning in January - when the Kidani pool is scheduled to be closed. Kind of yucky to think one will have no pool and the other will have no services to speak of.
I have been debating switching to one of the 2 for our February 2021 trip. But then I heard no pool at Kidani and the possibility of still nothing open at jambo has me really second guessing that. Originally assumed jambo would be fully open by then and had no idea about the pool refurb. Going to be there Presidents’ Day so really want to be able to enjoy the resorts and that doesn’t sound too enjoyable lol.

I have been debating switching to one of the 2 for our February 2021 trip. But then I heard no pool at Kidani and the possibility of still nothing open at jambo has me really second guessing that. Originally assumed jambo would be fully open by then and had no idea about the pool refurb. Going to be there Presidents’ Day so really want to be able to enjoy the resorts and that doesn’t sound too enjoyable lol.
We’ll be there that week too. Fingers crossed for Jambo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter