Any idea when we can buy WDW annual passes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course we don’t know for sure, but it’s not unreasonable to make the connection. If they feel that things are moving along well enough to introduce a brand new program on the west coast by the end of the year, I think it’s perfectly logical to expect the same resumption of sales on the east coast within that same time frame.

Either way, seeing those comments gave me a glimmer of hope, and I shared in case it would do the same for someone else. Too much doom and gloom in the world these days… Sometimes a little hope goes a long way 🙂
I appreciate the post. Thanks.

Hubby called and spoke to yet another person. This CM told us to go ahead and purchase the tickets. When we renew our AP, call and demand to speak to managers until we get someone that will apply a credit against the AP. We can also try guest relations at DS, as they are more likely to grant this without trouble.

She verified the system no longer allows them to process renewing an AP earlier than 60 days.

Terrified to do this in case the credit request is denied.

I am in the same boat. I just bought the tickets and plan to spend a lot of time on hold trying to renew my AP and put the ticket cost toward the renewal in August and the hubbies and kiddos in November :sad2:

I called the pass holder line this morning and was told I’d get a call back by 9 pm. We’ll see if they actually call

I called the pass holder line this morning and was told I’d get a call back by 9 pm. We’ll see if they actually call
Hope they do! I worried and stressed way too much when i didn't have my pass sorted out. I knew it was silly but I still did. It's a relief to get it done and taken care of.

Sorry there are a lot of pages to skim through. Still no word on new APs? Any chance they apply the park tickets purchased in 2021 toward the balance when they do start selling new ones?

Sorry there are a lot of pages to skim through. Still no word on new APs? Any chance they apply the park tickets purchased in 2021 toward the balance when they do start selling new ones?
If the tickets are unused they probably will (they have in the past and will right now for those few able to buy). I doubt they will apply previously used tickets unless they backdate the APs to that date, and I don't see that happening.

If the tickets are unused they probably will (they have in the past and will right now for those few able to buy). I doubt they will apply previously used tickets unless they backdate the APs to that date, and I don't see that happening.

Its an interesting question as theyve been telling people that they will.

I hope they will, but at this point I doubt it. I would even be fine with them backdating the inception date of the pass. I’ve received conflicting information from different CMs. I’ve made two small trips over the past year and would be happy to take more, but only if they let me apply the cost of those tickets to an AP (as I would have done during those trips if given the chance). So the ball will be in their court… They can give an out-of-state guest who will stay on site multiple times a break, or I’ll take the remnants of my vacation fund to Royal Caribbean. The ocean has been calling my name ☀️

Its an interesting question as theyve been telling people that they will.
Have they been saying that? That's surprising. I hope they do that would be a nice gesture. I had no issue using up the unused tickets I bought earlier so I could get park passes.

Have they been saying that? That's surprising. I hope they do that would be a nice gesture. I had no issue using up the unused tickets I bought earlier so I could get park passes.

there have been reports of it (being told that) but no one seems to ask about the backdating of the APs...

That won't be a problem. Ticket values can always be repurposed toward a different ticket. I used expired park hoppers that relatives didn't use on our AP renewals last fall and it was no problem whatsoever.

They called at around 10 am and we got our passes! They also made our park reservations. I was worried about that part because our trip is May 9-12 and we needed passes for MK.
Thanks for reporting on this. I called on April 15th and had been wondering. Now I have a reminder set for 30 days.

So.... someone who cancelled their pass in March 2020 -- 14 months ago --- can call up and buy a new pass now but not the general public? Why? What's the difference?

If you don't currently have a pass, you don't currently have a pass. Full stop. Allowing some to buy new passes but not all is so bizarre. And a horrible business decision.

Take my money!? Guess not..... your loss, Disney. I'll just be taking far fewer trips.

So.... someone who cancelled their pass in March 2020 -- 14 months ago --- can call up and buy a new pass now but not the general public? Why? What's the difference?

If you don't currently have a pass, you don't currently have a pass. Full stop. Allowing some to buy new passes but not all is so bizarre. And a horrible business decision.

Take my money!? Guess not..... your loss, Disney. I'll just be taking far fewer trips.
Exactly! APs for all or none!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter