Any Fort Fiends running the Princess Half?

Good luck all Princess runners! We'll be there to cheer on our Daughter. So much fun and enjoy your race. :lovestruc

Too bad the meetup didn't work out, Carissa...but how was your race? Hopefully great! How about your daughter, Mikmouse? Great race?

I had a blast, and DH and DS had great races too, although DS did the mile on Saturday at 11:00 and it was pretty hot for us northerners so DH ran the second half with him to keep him going. He was so cute afterward - he got a cup of water from the big jug and pored it over his head and down his back like a grown-up athlete, LOL!

So, a big thanks for all of the timing advice! I got up at 3:00 and left the Fort about 3:40 and the timing was just about perfect. I sat in the car for a little bit once I parked at Epcot and made a new playlist on my phone and drank my water and coffee, but didn't have very much alone down-time before heading out into the masses then off to our corrals.

I was so glad to have been at the Fort for the week before to get acclimated to the temps and humidity - my first run around the Fort was s-l-o-w! But luckily I acclimated and ran my best half yet! I beat my best pace by 3 seconds per mile...so not WAY better or anything, but after a week of theme parking, I'll take it! I came in at 1:59:46 :)

Kristin,

Congratulations! party:

It's great that you set a PR. And doesn't it feel good knowing that it's "1 hour and something". 15 seconds later and it would have been "2 something".

Oh well, put your feet up and enjoy looking at your medal. princess:

Bama ED

PS-Pix or TR? popcorn::

Thanks Bama Ed, you're so right - the "1 hour and something" does feel so much better than "2 hours and something"!

And will you settle for a link to our camping blog? I just finished my post about the Disney trip: www.alineradventures.blogspot.com

Wow, you did great! Congratulations. My Daughter, Lori, ran with three friends this year and it was truly a fun race for them this time. She wasn't out to break any records but have fun. They stopped numerous times for photos and really enjoyed themselves. My DH, DS and I went to the Contemporary at 3:30 am from the Boardwalk, and hung out until it was time to "catch" her coming in to Magic Kingdom What a wonderful site when she first came through the gates, up Main Street, through the castle then down again. We were able to keep up with her all that way. Then we rushed to the monorail to catch her at the finish line. It was very fun. She ran the very first one three years ago and it was much, much less crowded then. It has grown so much. We had to fight crowds to catch her up at the castle. The first year it was just me and a few other people. She and her friends definitely want to do it again next year and we will look forward to it.

Congratulations all you Princesses and especially KristinU!

Going home tomorrow :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter