Any experts at looking at the comptroller website willing to help. I 'think" a contract I am buying is in probate.

veginaz

Just an Arizonan who loves veggies and the VGC
I passed ROFR today and on a whim I just decided to do a search on the comptroller site and it looks like the contract I am buying is in probate. If it is will this going to make things take a lot longer, from searches it seems like a big YES. Is this something that should be disclosed at contract?

I could be wrong and just looking at this activity on the website and not interpreting it properly. If you think you could help by taking a look I would greatly appreciate it! Not sure if I should PM the info for searching since the way I found was by searching the sellers name.

Have you asked your broker? They should know, and if they don’t know they should be able to find out.

I have no direct experience, but I agree that probate might make the process longer - although if the executor of the estate has the required authority to sign the papers, maybe not.

Have you asked your broker? They should know, and if they don’t know they should be able to find out.

I have no direct experience, but I agree that probate might make the process longer - although if the executor of the estate has the required authority to sign the papers, maybe not.
I havent asked them yet. Wanted to see if I could figure anything out before I sent off an email.

Take a look at the contract you signed, it will have a closing date & that is the date the sale must close by, if it does not close by that date you can back out w/ a 100% refund.
Your title company will be sending you & the sellers the closing documents soon, so you might ask them about the status of the existing title in addition to asking the broker.
In this situation I’d likely send the signed closing documents back & advise the title company that I’d be sending the funds once the sellers’ signed documents were received.

Take a look at the contract you signed, it will have a closing date & that is the date the sale must close by, if it does not close by that date you can back out w/ a 100% refund.
Your title company will be sending you & the sellers the closing documents soon, so you might ask them about the status of the existing title in addition to asking the broker.
In this situation I’d likely send the signed closing documents back & advise the title company that I’d be sending the funds once the sellers’ signed documents were received.
closing is 06/24 but was really hoping to not have it take that long. i sent an email to see if the broker has any insight.

how did you know to search? I'm worried now too - on my contract (currently in ROFR) it listed the seller's name as "surviving spouse of"... and also what would that mean for why it would make the process longer?

I swear I thought I knew everything about DVC going into this process and now it's like brand new info around every corner.

how did you know to search? I'm worried now too - on my contract (currently in ROFR) it listed the seller's name as "surviving spouse of"... and also what would that mean for why it would make the process longer?

I swear I thought I knew everything about DVC going into this process and now it's like brand new info around every corner.
I searched just being nosey to see what the original price paid because I stumbled upon some instructions in another thread here and came across all the other info. Luckily I found out the entire probate process was completed so it shouldn't hold anything up.

facebook twitter