Any Disney cross stitch fans out there?

That's beautiful, Christie! You inspire me to finish my Mickey and Minnie that I started 2 years ago. :blush:

Thanks!!!! It's fun, and it's an AWESOME feeling getting it done. The lady at Hobby Lobby talked me up BIG TIME, cause I had it cleaned, pressed, and in the cleaners plastic when I brought it in!! LOL Dh wants to hang it in his office, but I'm not sure about that one!!! Maybe after I show it off here a little more!! :lmao: If you got time, pick yours back up. I enjoy it while I'm watching TV!

Just got a call from the framers, it's DONE!! I'll go pick it up today, and try to post pictures tonight of it fully done!!! I can't wait to see it!!

OMG, it turned out AWESOME!!! Love it, the framer lady said they really enjoyed working with it....see, there's Disney love everywhere!!!

ChrisCamera019.jpg

It's huge, and the picture is cool, but it really doesn't do it justice!!! this is just an awesome piece, and I'm super glad I stuck with it!!!! so, all you guys working on kits, that are halfway done.....it DOES pay off to finish them!!!

Love, love, love the frame with it! I'm not sure if your husband will be seeing it hanging in his office anytime soon ;)

LOL True, I'm taking it down there this weekend for him to see it, but I think it'll come back with me. GOtta show it off to the family next weekend!! There's a small battle on facebook on where to put it, a friend of mine wants it in her kitchen!!! HAHA Ah well. It'll go somewhere!! Then I'll start the next one! I think the framers picked out an awesome frame, and mat, I had it down to 2 frames, this red one, and a blue one just like it, but we liked the red, and she said the mat would make the Mickey part pop out, and she was RIGHT!! It wasn't that much to frame it either, I heard horror stories from my mother in law, paying like 3 or 4 hundred dollars to get one framed, this one was a little over 100. So not too shabby!!!! Anyways, keep up your good work too, I wanna see pictures of everyone else's work too!!!!!

Hey Annette, the last one it said I didn't have access, so not sure what that one is, but the first 2 are awesome!! I got Puppy Love to do next, how long did that take you to do? I hope not as long as this last one!! LOL Love them!!

oops...have changed that last one now so you can see it!

puppy love took me about 5 months i think........it's quite an easy one to do, lots of blocks of colour!! quite big though!!

The Past Present and Forever one is massive......I might do that one next!!

oops...have changed that last one now so you can see it!

puppy love took me about 5 months i think........it's quite an easy one to do, lots of blocks of colour!! quite big though!!

The Past Present and Forever one is massive......I might do that one next!!

Love ALL 3 of them!!!! :love: I guess that's why they're all so expensive, is they're so big!! LOL I want to buy self portrait next, before it retires, I'm not too thrilled with any of the others out right now besides that one. Hopefully next week I can start Puppy Love, I can't wait!! Got it sitting here ready to get started by my TV seat LOL

Love ALL 3 of them!!!! :love: I guess that's why they're all so expensive, is they're so big!! LOL I want to buy self portrait next, before it retires, I'm not too thrilled with any of the others out right now besides that one. Hopefully next week I can start Puppy Love, I can't wait!! Got it sitting here ready to get started by my TV seat LOL

there isnt anywhere on the internet now that you can see a picture of the retired ones is there.....perhaps i will scan in the ones i have and post them here so people can see what they look like!!

i think the full list is:
The Barbershop Quartet
Self Portrait
Family Dinner
Cinderella Castle
Mickey Salutes
Preening Pixie
Happiest Celebration on Earth
Mickey & Fireman
Past, Present & Forever
35th Anniversary
Tinkerbell Spring Blossoms
Mistletoe Kiss
Mikey & Minnie Bride & Groom
Puppy Love

the only two i dont have....i think....are mistletoe kiss and preening pixie. i will get around to doing them all eventually!!

I can send you the self portrait chart if you like?

there isnt anywhere on the internet now that you can see a picture of the retired ones is there.....perhaps i will scan in the ones i have and post them here so people can see what they look like!!

i think the full list is:
The Barbershop Quartet
Self Portrait
Family Dinner
Cinderella Castle
Mickey Salutes
Preening Pixie
Happiest Celebration on Earth
Mickey & Fireman
Past, Present & Forever
35th Anniversary
Tinkerbell Spring Blossoms
Mistletoe Kiss
Mikey & Minnie Bride & Groom
Puppy Love

the only two i dont have....i think....are mistletoe kiss and preening pixie. i will get around to doing them all eventually!!

WOW!!!! That's alot of kits!! I just found them a couple of years ago at the parks. I've seen the ones at Hobby Lobby and such, but these from Stony Creek are SOOOO much better!!! I like the Past, Present and Forever too, saw a picture of that one, and would be interested in seeing Happiest Celebration on Earth, and Cinderella Castle also. If you have the patterns scanned, sure, I'll pm you my email addy!!! Thanks!!!!!

i really need to stop buying kits......i went through them all the other day and i reckon i have 40 years worth there!! i keep finding more i like though!!

My mother in law was like that too, but her tastes were MUCH different than mine. But, she was much faster in working on them. I sent most of the patterns she had to my sister in law, since they have similar tastes, which is older victorian houses, and such. So not my taste!! I'm more simple....anything disney works for me!! LOL I've seen the Mickey Salutes kit on ebay for like $150!!! Talk about YIKES!!! I should buy them up at the parks before they retire....cause knowing me, I'll probably want them after they retire!!! HAHA

annette_tr9,

Are you willing to share any of the charts? You have a few that I am interested in. I just want the charts only as I can go and purchase the thread on my own. I can pay you a small fee if you like. Please let me know.

Thanks,

-Shannon
(new to this blog)

annette_tr9,

Are you willing to share any of the charts? You have a few that I am interested in. I just want the charts only as I can go and purchase the thread on my own. I can pay you a small fee if you like. Please let me know.

Thanks,

-Shannon
(new to this blog)

Annette, I did get the fireman one thru the email....just gotta download it to the desktop in the spare room, DS is always on that one, I'm always on the laptop in the living room!! HAHA REALLY need to get started on Puppy Love, but want to copy the chart first, or at least scan it in case our puppy eats this one again, I don't have to scramble to find the part I need!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!