Any commercials that you can't stand and/or just don't get??

ALL advertisements bother me.... if I know I need to buy a product, I will find the best company to buy it from... I do not need marketing data shoved in my face!!!!

The lovely day lovely day lovely day insurance commercial.

The obnoxious Honey Nut Cheerios commercial with the stupid song.

I also get irritated with the Michelob Ultra commercials showing people who work out like maniacs, and then bragging about their beer being low carb. Uh, people who work out like maniacs typically WANT carbs.

Friends don't let friends drink Michelob Ultra. Ever. :crazy2:

Several of them!!!!
I absolutely HATE the sick violent fear-mongering State Farm insurance commercials.
Doesn't help to know that, at least here, they are AWFUL and just refuse to ever pay out anything.

YES YES YES!!!! We were hit by a tornado two years ago and State Farm is the worst! Their commercials bugged me before then, the "Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there". I would respond and say "No, like a good neighbor, stay over there". And they did just that when the tornado hit our home and several others in our town. Horrible. When insurance companies came afterwards with their big, fancy RVs, SF's was the biggest and brightest, but also the first to leave. Makes my blood boil.

My biggest annoyance is the Flonase commercials that point out "6 is greater than 1". Yeah, we all learned that in 1st grade, I don't need it pointed out 400 times a day. DD14 and I respond almost every time we see it (which isn't very often, thank you DVR), "That is brand new information!" At least that entertains us.

Yes, Jaiminee... And the one with the baby, crawling around the home renovation site with deadly toxic chemicals, fumes, and LEAD.
That is just downright SICKENING.
If that was not all CGI, then that was child endangerment, and somebody should be held accountable.

The drug commercials where they extol the virtues of drug XYZ then warn "don't take if you're allergic to it." How the heck do you know you're allergic to it unless you take it?

And some have so many side effects it's probably better to avoid them.

And one psoriasis drug boats that something like 40% of users have seen clearer skin in six months. Wow, how's that for a success rate?

OHHHHH, here is another one.
It is that time of year again.

"HE went to Jareds...."

Yeah, I am a very stupid and materialistic witch who expects my SO to go to that store and pay WAY overprice for crap quality jewelry.
That is just insulting.

Admittedly, all the jewelry commercials this time of the year ('...every Kiss begins with 'K'... :crazy2: ) annoy me too, but I respectfully disagree that it's 'insulting'. It's a woman excited that she got a present - I never thought to read into it any more than that.

The drug commercials where they extol the virtues of drug XYZ then warn "don't take if you're allergic to it." How the heck do you know you're allergic to it unless you take it?

Or any of the drug's ingredients too - like anyone has ever in their life looked up the ingredients of a drug? :p

Toilet paper ads

I hate the bears and the woman encouraging people to go commando.
The bear one has bothered me for years. Also the “poo spray” one where the woman is sitting on the toilet in different outfits/scenes.

One that drives me insane is for a birth control implant. For the life of me I can’t remember what it’s called but it shows woman going out to lunch, dinner, generally meeting guys. All of a sudden they get this real exaggerated “oh no” look on their face (we’re to assume they’re worried they forgot to take their birth control) and then a really exaggerated “oh yeah, I’m good” face when they remember they have this implant. First, the assumption that a woman is automatically going to sleep with the guy burns my biscuits big time and second, who forgets they have an implant? That commercial seriously makes me ragey.

One that drives me insane is for a birth control implant. For the life of me I can’t remember what it’s called but it shows woman going out to lunch, dinner, generally meeting guys. All of a sudden they get this real exaggerated “oh no” look on their face (we’re to assume they’re worried they forgot to take their birth control) and then a really exaggerated “oh yeah, I’m good” face when they remember they have this implant. First, the assumption that a woman is automatically going to sleep with the guy burns my biscuits big time and second, who forgets they have an implant? That commercial seriously makes me ragey.

OMG, YES! I've almost posted about that commercial before. "Oh no, did I pack my pills? Oh, wait, I'm not on the pill!" Jeebus.

There are plenty of commercials that annoy me. Thank goodness the election is over. Those commercials are enough to make me never want to vote for anyone, regardless of political affiliation/beliefs.

The current one that gets on my nerves is the Allstate commercial (I think) where apparently the guy said that men were better drivers than women, but the woman now tells the guy to be quiet because she got a good driver discount. Before anyone jumps to conclusions - I think the whole argument is stupid and do not have an opinion on who the better drivers are.

However, being familiar with logical debate and after writing numerous scientific reports/proposals, it really bothers me because the fact that she got a good driver discount has nothing to do with the argument of if men are better drivers than women. And the commercial makes it seem like it was such a blow to his argument, when it would really prove nothing. If they wanted to make that commercial effective, he should have been sitting there with a ticket or a wrecked car or something. Or, perhaps the argument could have been that women are bad drivers. But the way it is plays out makes me cringe. Perhaps I am missing something. I don't know why that bothers me so much, but it does.

I am completely creeped out by the Skittles commercials where the people have Skittles glued all over them -- particularly when someone picks one off of themselves or someone else and eats it. Absolutely creepy and gross.
I could not agree more. Just gross. who thinks of this crap????

The Amazon Alexa commercial where the woman eats the raw cookie dough and then cancels her cooking timer with her mouth full. That grosses me out. Anything where the person chews loudly or talks with their mouthful is disgusting to me. I am very thankful that Kit-Kat seems to have moved away from the loud crunching people.
Same here or when they show ppl with whatever food they’re advertising all over the person’s face! Gross!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter