Ant and Dec TV show LIVE from Magic Kingdom in April

Watching the show live on TV in the U.K. - perhaps I'm the only one left in the uk :rotfl2::rotfl2:it's amazing
Making me long for August when we'll be there in person

The recorded VT's on the show are really good - lots of great shots of the parks, crowd interaction and Ant & Dec on lots of rides (trying to see who could spill the least popcorn on tot. Win a spelling bee on expedition Everest)

Loving it - its great marketing for Disney. It would definately make me want to go !!

I have friends there asking if the stage, etc. will be down tomorrow? I can answer some questions, but geesh, I don't have the WDW magic 8 ball!

Wow! What an incredible show its been!!!!!
Take That are on immediately afterwards as well, so I'm a very happy bunny!

Well the first page of this thread shows an awful lot of amendments to the normal MK event schedule in order to accommodate this "special event". Do they do this sort of adjustment for U.S. tv broadcasters with just 7 million viewers? I suspect not. Which suggests either ITV (the UK broadcaster) are paying Disney a lot of money, or Disney marketing has bought into this big style. Perhaps re-enforcing my original speculation that UK bookings for 2017/18 are substantially down...

7 million viewers for a show is a lot in the UK though for a country our size.

Also, free dining has just come out for 2018 for UK guests with a substantial price increase based on our 2014 and 2016 trips. Great advertising for Disney with 3/4 million kids asking their parents if they can go. There were no adverts/commercials for the free dining offers in the shows breaks though which surprised me.

I wouldn't be surprised if UK bookings were down from what I have seen on other forums but a lot of Brits do stay and eat offsite anyway. But then again, somebody will always pay the crazy prices :)

Wow, that was absolutely incredible! Will be uploading a HD video of the show ASAP for those who didn't get to watch. Thanks to @Conno for live streaming too!

I'm not able to get Conno's video to work for me. I was just curious as to how the show came across on TV.

It was quite a scene. Except for the roadway, which was kept clear for day guests, Town Square and some of Main Street USA were packed. In addition to the 3 sections of chairs for the audience, 2 sets of bleachers were also brought in. I wasn't expecting that. The selected audience was great and although day guests were not allowed to congregate on the Main Street USA loop at Town Square, they were allowed to find viewing spots on the adjacent sidewalks. I think they were partially obstructed views though, but better than nothing.

The show appeared to go well, lots of energy. The finale was really well done. Invited guests seemed to be very appreciative to be there. I can understand why Ant & Dec are popular, they're very likable.

All and all, a good day. But the work wasn't done when the show ended at 3:30, there was a FOF parade at 5pm and the street had to be completely cleared of equipment. CMs and others did their jobs and it was ready for the parade by 4:30. It was a busy and somewhat tiring day for everyone involved, so many moving pieces. It takes a lot to put on a production like that. Next up Pandora pre-opening media events.

I'm not able to get Conno's video to work for me. I was just curious as to how the show came across on TV.

It was quite a scene. Except for the roadway, which was kept clear for day guests, Town Square and some of Main Street USA were packed. In addition to the 3 sections of chairs for the audience, 2 sets of bleachers were also brought in. I wasn't expecting that. The selected audience was great and although day guests were not allowed to congregate on the Main Street USA loop at Town Square, they were allowed to find viewing spots on the adjacent sidewalks. I think they were partially obstructed views though, but better than nothing.

The show appeared to go well, lots of energy. The finale was really well done. Invited guests seemed to be very appreciative to be there. I can understand why Ant & Dec are popular, they're very likable.

All and all, a good day. But the work wasn't done when the show ended at 3:30, there was a FOF parade at 5pm and the street had to be completely cleared of equipment. CMs and others did their jobs and it was ready for the parade by 4:30. It was a busy and somewhat tiring day for everyone involved, so many moving pieces. It takes a lot to put on a production like that. Next up Pandora pre-opening media events.
I believe Conno's video is blocked in some countries (maybe US?). I am hoping to be able to upload the whole show tomorrow at some point, so watch this space.

It came across amazingly on TV. Main Street USA looked packed!

I noticed a lot more seating and bleachers, how were the audience decided for those seats? Its great they allowed day guests to watch from sidewalks, and Tomorrowland looked packed too from the shot they showed from that location.

All SNT shows are full of energy, Ant and Dec are great! Finale was phenomenal, loved it!

Wow, a busy day for all involved. When is the stage and rigging being taken down, and Town Square returning to its former glory?

Although I wasn't there (Unfortunately), i'd just like to say a huge thanks to yourself and your fellow CM's for the amazing, and hard, work you've put in to making this a reality. You guys are awesome!

Good luck with Pandora media events! Same again for Saturday Night Takeaway next year?! (Pleaseeeeeeee!!)

This is the YouTube link and I've been able to watch it:
@FastPasser - the first few minutes of the video is the countdown to the livestream so fast forward a few minutes and then the show begins.

The video has also been viewed in Paris, @Conno!

I am hoping to be able to upload the whole show tomorrow at some point, so watch this space.
Look forward to watching it.
I noticed a lot more seating and bleachers, how were the audience decided for those seats?
I believe I read somewhere that the 200 people in the audience were all contest winners.
Its great they allowed day guests to watch from sidewalks, and Tomorrowland looked packed too from the shot they showed from that location.
I was surprised that that did.
Wow, a busy day for all involved.
Many CMs started at 7am and finished up at 5:30 pm. Also what you don't see is the second unit crew, which is where I was for a good part of the day, located in Storybook Circus doing a promo during the show with someone named Scarlet. Again, many Brits were there to watch the live airing of the 20 second promo. Did you notice the promo? She did a skit involving a popcorn maker.
When is the stage and rigging being taken down, and Town Square returning to its former glory?
Immediately, just a wild guess based on nothing other than what I've seen many times in the past, Town Square should be back to normal no later than Monday morning.
Although I wasn't there (Unfortunately), i'd just like to say a huge thanks to yourself and your fellow CM's for the amazing, and hard, work you've put in to making this a reality. You guys are awesome!
On behalf of the 15 or so in my department only, you're welcome. Most, if not all, of our shifts were optional and we chose to be there. It was interesting and fun to be a part of it.
Same again for Saturday Night Takeaway next year?! (Pleaseeeeeeee!!)
It was such a huge undertaking and I don't see it happening again so soon.

Last edited:
Look forward to watching it.
I believe I read somewhere that the 200 people in the audience were all contest winners.
I was surprised that that did.
Many CMs started at 7am and finished up at 5:30 pm. Also what you don't see is the second unit crew, which is where I was for a good part of the day, located in Storybook Circus doing a promo during the show with someone named Scarlet. Again, many Brits were there to watch the live airing of the 20 second promo. Did you notice the promo? She did a skit involving a popcorn maker.
Immediately, just a wild guess based on nothing other than what I've seen many times in the past, Town Square should be back to normal no later than Monday morning.
On behalf of the 15 or so in my department only, you're welcome. Most, if not all, of our shifts were optional and we chose to be there. It was interesting and fun to be a part of it.
It was such a huge undertaking and I don't it happening again so soon.
Wow! A long day for everyone! Yep, I saw that! Was that popcorn skit with Scarlett (she was the winner of last years 'I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here' in case you wondered...) actually live? I thought it may have been pre-recorded?

Good to know Town Square will be back to normal so soon!

Thats awesome that you chose to be there, Saturday Night Takeaway is always such a fun and exciting show, which is why it is so popular here! Hopefully it may happen again one day though. Still can't believe that it was UK TV first!

So that stage and rigging used yesterday in Town Square is nearly down, as seen in this photo from @bioreconstruct on Twitter:
C8-XEGxXkAAVjhW.jpg:large

Full show coming soon. Just exporting it to upload to YouTube, but it may take some time as its over 1 hour long! It'll be up at some point today...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter