Another Unofficial Chatterbox Thread- Everyone is Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well made my high speed internet calls. One company that has a tower in our town will be out in 1-5 days to evaluate our site and see if we can get a signal. Keeping my fingers crossed. Haven't heard from the other company. The first company is highly recommended, but it just depends on where their towers are at if I can get service. It costs about the same as satellite service, but no long-term contracts, free equipment and installation.:thumbsup2

Made my call to Comcast. Of course they will call me back! It's very frustrating, the main cable lines into town go right across the front of our property. The Comcast trucks are always in our area working on the lines. But nobody on our hill can get cable!! I've even offered to pay to have cable lines run from their main line up to our house. So I know what there answer is, but I call every few months anyway!

Hughes Net is my last resort. It's better than dial up, runs about $70/month, $200 equipment cost and two year contract. I just hate being locked into a long-term contract.

I have DSL for my internet. I get it thru verizon.

Well school had a 2 hour delay today. Its only 2:10pm and they have cancelled it for tomorrow! My daughter is happy. I kept her home the past 2 days because she was sick. She's feeling better now and they have a snow day tomorrow lol.

Oh and they have off Monday as well.

Bummer about the internet connection, I wish you luck Alison.

That's odd that Comcast won't run a line to your property, it really doesn't take much for them to bring the equipment out and bury a cable to run up the road.
The phone companies do it all the time in my parent's area, they don't bury it that deep either. My mom went to go plant a bush and managed to whack the phone line-- oops! :laughing:

The company sent out a big equipment truck to fix it, guy laughed when he noticed it was just a small cable, not the big bundle- an easy fix of splicing and plopped back into the ground.. cover and pat.. pat . Took more time to drive all the way out there. :laughing:

N came home and said all the teachers and deans were mad that school wasn't cancelled. It's a densely populated residential area, thus lots of "walkers". The district makes you pay for bus if you live under 2 miles from the school, no bus service if less than one mile. it's very much a working class neighborhood, all just squeaking by on middle income or lower. We have several apartment buildings in the area, one very large complex about three blocks away. Frozen popsicle students this morning. Dangerous conditions for frostbite.. and you know how teenagers are about bundling up :rolleyes1

Geesh.. I just woke up from the three hour nap I needed after my 5 minute trip to the Post Office. :rolleyes:

Did more research on the internet and found that we MIGHT have 3G connection with AT&T wireless. So went up to their store, got a USB laptop connector card ($100 with a $100 mail in rebate, so end cost $0). Signed up for a 2 year agreement at $60 per month. Much cheaper then satellite service!

I have 30 days to decide if it works for me. If we don't get good wireless, super duper high speed internet then I can return and only pay a $20 restocking fee.

I am either going to be on Cloud 9 this evening or totally bummed! The map shows 3G service on our hill. We are very close to I-5 and apparently AT&T is trying to make the 3G service go along all major freeways! WooHoo for us if it's true!!!!:dance3:

Did more research on the internet and found that we MIGHT have 3G connection with AT&T wireless. So went up to their store, got a USB laptop connector card ($100 with a $100 mail in rebate, so end cost $0). Signed up for a 2 year agreement at $60 per month. Much cheaper then satellite service!

I have 30 days to decide if it works for me. If we don't get good wireless, super duper high speed internet then I can return and only pay a $20 restocking fee.

I am either going to be on Cloud 9 this evening or totally bummed! The map shows 3G service on our hill. We are very close to I-5 and apparently AT&T is trying to make the 3G service go along all major freeways! WooHoo for us if it's true!!!!:dance3:
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: Awesome!

Two weeks from today I will be sitting on a cruise ship in the WARM weather.:banana: :banana: I am SO EXCITED!!!

Good luck with your internet problems.

Lucky duck about the cruise. I'm just jealous of the warm weather.. I get sea sick lol.

Wow this thread gets busy quick already on 8 pages lol

Shut up. :snooty:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Lucky woman!!

You do not know just how much I need this vacation! Except for my weekend trip to DL, the I've pretty much spent all of my vacation time in hospitals the last couple of years. It's going to be so strange to not be on vacation with the kids. I don't know if I can even remember what it's like to have a vacation without kids.:confused3 :rotfl: I keep catching myself looking at all of the stuff on their website and trying to plan as if the kids were with me.:rotfl:

You do not know just how much I need this vacation! Except for my weekend trip to DL, the I've pretty much spent all of my vacation time in hospitals the last couple of years. It's going to be so strange to not be on vacation with the kids. I don't know if I can even remember what it's like to have a vacation without kids.:confused3 :rotfl: I keep catching myself looking at all of the stuff on their website and trying to plan as if the kids were with me.:rotfl:

:hug: Im glad you get to go! It should be CRAZY fun!! :woohoo: You should just lounge about with a fruity drink in your hand. :beach: Relax!!

Lucky duck about the cruise. I'm just jealous of the warm weather.. I get sea sick lol.

Yup.. we go quick around here!:lmao:

I've never been on a cruise and I get air sick, car sick and now probably sea sick!:rotfl2:

We used to get 8 pages in about 2 hours...back in the good ol' days!:lmao: Everybody is just kind of busy nowdays and we don't post nearly as much. As a matter of fact, we've been commenting that it's downright quiet on our thread lately.:lmao:

Frelan found out that he might be going back to 5 days a week again!:cool1: MAYBE even overtime! We are crazy excited. His shop is going to be back in full swing starting at the beginning of March. Which means just as the babies come, they are going to need him working overtime. :rolleyes: But if he can get some in now, it would rock! :woohoo:

Frelan found out that he might be going back to 5 days a week again!:cool1: MAYBE even overtime! We are crazy excited. His shop is going to be back in full swing starting at the beginning of March. Which means just as the babies come, they are going to need him working overtime. :rolleyes: But if he can get some in now, it would rock! :woohoo:

Awesome!! Speaking of work...I need to get back to work. TTYL guys!

Hey, I have a second before Morgan comes home for Dinner on her break. Is anyone home???? Hello????

:cool2:

I miss you fools!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter