Another Unofficial Chatterbox Thread- Everyone is Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rotfl2:

man. this has really taken you through the wringer, hasn't it? as much as i am eager for this to all be over for you, and eager to see the little beasties, a little more incubation would be a good thing. ;)

:rotfl2:

man. this has really taken you through the wringer, hasn't it? as much as i am eager for this to all be over for you, and eager to see the little beasties, a little more incubation would be a good thing. ;)

Yup. In some ways... Im glad that this has been so rough. It TOTALLY makes me glad that this is the end of my baby having days, you know? And really.. As far as twin pregnancies go, Im having an easy time with it. But DANG. Im huge. I hurt. I dont poop... but yet I pee every 5 minutes. I cant sleep at night.. I have killer heartburn, and I messed up my hip walking to the bathroom! I give. These babies are killing me. :lmao: :lmao:

yeah, they've definitely taken over, haven't they? they're not even born and they're already in charge! :lmao:

oooo. news talking about an 8yo suspended from school who was arrested and taken away in handcuffs. :eek:

apparently she has aspergers (a milder form of autism) and went to school wearing a hooded sweatshirt that was part of a cow costume complete with udder and tail. the teacher said she'd have to remove it, and she refused. i don't know if they tried to force her somehow, but she resisted physically, and the teacher wound up having to hold her. the girl was beating on the teacher, so she called the office, who i think called the police. the girl was taken away in handcuffs and held at the jail for over an hour! her mom was absolutely frantic, i would be, too.

the parents are probably going to sue, it sounds like. :sad2:

apparently she has aspergers (a milder form of autism) and went to school wearing a hooded sweatshirt that was part of a cow costume complete with udder and tail. the teacher said she'd have to remove it, and she refused. i don't know if they tried to force her somehow, but she resisted physically, and the teacher wound up having to hold her. the girl was beating on the teacher, so she called the office, who i think called the police. the girl was taken away in handcuffs and held at the jail for over an hour! her mom was absolutely frantic, i would be, too.

the parents are probably going to sue, it sounds like. :sad2:

Oy... my nephew has Aspergers, and my sister had to hold him down more then once.. for hours. Im surprised they took her to jail, but they probably had no idea what else to do.

Oy... my nephew has Aspergers, and my sister had to hold him down more then once.. for hours. Im surprised they took her to jail, but they probably had no idea what else to do.
apparently a school official told the news station that their actions were in accordance with the child's learning plan or behavior plan or whatever they call it. they followed the proper procedure, and that was approved by her therapist. but the mom was sounding like she was unaware of what was in the doc. :confused3

apparently a school official told the news station that their actions were in accordance with the child's learning plan or behavior plan or whatever they call it. they followed the proper procedure, and that was approved by her therapist. but the mom was sounding like she was unaware of what was in the doc. :confused3

Hmmm.. I doubt that. From what I understand, they have meetings that include everyone. Parents, therapists, school folks.. and go over all that. I know my sis had them forever. but I could be way off here. It has happened before. :rolleyes1 :lmao:

uff, i should get to bed. that dang alarm is gonna be blaring all too soon!
guess that means i'll skip that chocolate muffin... again. {sigh}

:cool2:

did I read that right and Christinas ring is broke? :scared1: OMG! I'm so sorry if I'm correct! If I'm not I'm an idiot.

Thanks for sending the link pixster.

If it was my nephew taken away in handcuffs by the police, I would be helping my sis press legal action. There are other ways to de-escaluate an out of control 8 yr old child without involving the police. Think how much harm that caused to the child's social well being, she may devlop fears of police, her teachers. She may not want to return to school at all.

Yes there are restraint procedures written into IEPs, parents are requested to appear-- but sadly some do not come in to the meetings.
My sis has run into issues with her home district in regards to the lil guy, the teacher wanted her to sign a blank IEP.. she told them no way and handed it back. It's not her problem that the staff did not write up the IEP by the deadline required by law.
However, not every parent feels strong enough to argue with staff.. it could very well be that the restraint procedure was written later, without parental consent, but it does have a signature. That doesn't give them any legal standing with the district.

It's a terrible mess.

Hi Guys! Sorry I disappeared last night. But I was trying to download Java and it I couldn't post on the Dis at the same time. GRRRR!!!!

We are currently checking into faster internet options. Either satellite or another company that has a "tower" in our town. Neither ideal options and both of the major satellite companies make you sign 2 year agreements with hefty penalties. I have however heard you can buy your own equipment for Hughes Net and then call them and get service without a contract. Our options just suck, but it's becoming obvious that we need better internet service. Dial up is fine for me chatting on the Dis, but DD needs to do her online class, DH now has to go online to sign up for work. Frustrating!!

Hello, I have been gone for so long, (now sucked into facebook) we leave soon and I was looking up some stuff, took me a while to find all this but HELLO!!
Hope everyone is doing well!

Hello everyone. its going on 1:30pm here. Just doing some stuff on the computer. I may scrapbook today. Not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter