Another t-shirt question...

4mickeyfans

I teach in WDW!
Ok, iron's on, shirts are 1/2 done...no time to search...someone please help:hyper:

I'm 1/2 way through the fronts of 17 shirts for the kids on "our" cruise. I created a really cute iron-on - looks good so far!

The question...how do I do the back side...I know many of you are experts at this...do I put a board or something b/w the side I'm ironing on and the one already done? Do I keep the backing paper on the first application? If so, I've already removed from most the shirts but I guess I could put back in place.

Any tips greatly appreciated before I mess all these up! DH thinks I've flipped...we leave Sat. a.m. and I came home tonight with this wild hair idea:crazy:

I already did the pillowcases to be autographed...they look great:earsgirl:

When I put transfers on both the front and back, I iron on the transfer to one side, leave the backing on the transfer, turn the shirt over, then iron on the second transfer. You take a chance of messing up the first tranfer with the backing removed before ironing on the second transfer. Since you already took the backing off the one side, I would say to put something very thick on the inside of the t-shirt, so that the heat from the iron doesn't reach the first transfer that is already on the shirt.
Good Luck!!!

Originally posted by 4mickeyfans
Knew I could count on the expert! I'll let you know how it turns out!

I just edited my previous post, you might want to go abck and re-read it.

So far so good! The ones that I've done are the ones I thought to leave the backing on for side 1 - they are coming out very nicely...I can't wait to show everyone!

I've been inserting a piece of white posterboard between the layers which I figured would insulate but it also keeps everything nice and straight!

I plan to use the board AND try to put the backing back in place when I do the others - fortunately it's only 4 that I removed backings from.

Will keep you posted!

They make cardboard to go inside the t shirts to iron and make sure they are flat and not wrinkled. They work great for the second transfer. I would try just any piece of heavy cardboard you've got lying around. Don't get the first transfer hot from the iron a second time or it may mess up that first transfer.

Good luck!

ps What a nice thing to do for your fellow cruisers!

ALL of the t-shirts came out great - all 17 of them, and the 2 pillowcases for DD and DS to get autographs!

Now, I need to start packing...we leave before dawn!

I'm not sure how to attach a document here - or post a link - if anyone cares to tell me, I'll post them.

Basically, I used a vignette image with the ship and the Mickey cloud. Underneath I wrote (in disney print, of course)...
Mardi Gras on the Disney Wonder - I used that logo for Disney - the one where different characters make up each letter.

On the back, I used a rectangular image of Castaway Cay - I found it on some travel website - it has frayed edges - kind of like a distressed treasure map! The foreground is the beach with a sandcastle of Cindy's castle...the background is the ship in the horizon. Under the picture I wrote "Castaway Cay Kids" and listed all the names of the kids in our group.

For the pillowcases, I did the same image as the fronts of the t-shirts and underneath wrote "Christina's Disney Dreams" ..this time in "Walt Disney Script" font, and once again used that Disney logo.

For my first time doing all this, I have to say I'm quite pleased with myself!

That sound wonderful ... or should I say Magical!!

Have a great trip ... I wish I was going again ..I was on the Mardi Gras cruise last year!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter