Another stroller question ;)

Tarheel Mom

Mouseketeer
My family will be visiting DW in November and I plan to bring my Chicco umbrella stroller for our DD4. My first question is does anyone lock/(bicycle) chain/whatever their stroller up at the attractions/shows so it doesn't get taken or do you just take your chances? Secondly, do you leave things in the storage basket while you're in the attraction/show? Obviously, I wouldn't leave my camera or wallet but what about jackets or sweatshirts? Thanks for any insight/suggestions!

There are unfortunately some instances of a stroller getting stolen, however, that is pretty rare. I have never seen anyone chain down a stroller, but I'm sure someone has. Sometimes you may come out of the attraction, show, etc and your stroller may have been moved by a CM to make room for other strollers. Just make sure you have your name visible on the stroller and not leave anything valuable in the stroller. I wouldnt personally leave ANYTHING in the stroller basket, just gives dishonest people a reason to snoop.

We have never locked our stroller and have never had a problem. When we park our stroller at rides/shows we always be sure to take everything.

You can't chain or lock your stroller to anything at WDW. All strollers must be able to be moved by CM's. If you want to lock two wheels together, you can, as long as the stroller is still able to be moved.

We never leave anything in the stroller that we would miss. When DD was younger, we left a diaper bag, but had extras of everything in a backpack that we took with us when we had to leave the stroller.

Thanks for the info. This is our first trip with a stroller. Since our boys were older the first two times we went (and I thought we were out of the "stroller stage") I never paid attention to how they were left or what was in them. But on our last trip we came back with a souvenir (DD4 ;)) so we will be taking one this trip. Thanks again!

Yea, I think stroller theft is maybe 1 in a million..they won't let you lock the stroller to anything anyways..I leave the diaper bag, jackets ect in there, I always take my purse, camera, things that I would die without!!:O)

In 8 years i've never had my stroller stolen and only once have I had something taken from my stroller (someone stole a rain poncho that was covering my stroller as it was raining). I tend to only leave things that I can easily replace (ponchos, jackets, sun lotion, drinks/snacks, baby bag, etc) although there have been times I've left my video camera, regular camera, purse, etc in the stroller by accident and thankfully it was still there when we came off the ride.

Great info! I've never taken a stroller to WDW and will be in December. Will need to make a stroller tag!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter