Another stroller question!!

kelliebelly

Earning My Ears
Should I take the sit n stand or two small strollers? My kids are 5 and 2 1/2. My daughter will need to ride in one for sure. My son, I don't know. He can walk, but I am not sure if he will walk! :rotfl2: And I am afraid that he might want an actual seat after a long day. We will have a rental car, so I am not too worried about them being bulky, but we will be travelling by plane, so that is a factor too. Any suggestions?

I would take 2. My DD still rode in a stroller the last two trips (at 7 and 8) and it was a lifesaver late at night and on the way to the busses. No one wanted to carry her and no one wanted to hear her whine about being tired and having to walk. At least with the 2 small strollers if your older doesnt want to ride for a while, let him walk and use the stroller to carry your belongings. My DD would hop in and out throughout the day and she was a much happier camper.

My twins are 4 and we still take our double jogger to Disney. Last month in Disney, they wanted to sit in the stroller on-and-off on days where it was 90+ outside. Other than that, they didn't really "need" the stroller during the day. However, night-time was a different story and they were pretty whipped at night so we definitely needed the stroller at night.

My husband's brother and his family frequent Disney as much as we do, and they have kids somewhat the same ages as yours -- 6 and 3. They say the 3 year old never wants to be in the stroller, and the 6 year old constantly wants to ride in the stroller! So I guess you never know what they will want. They just bought 2 single maclarans and said it works for them.

I think the sit n stand is the way to go.
we brought one for our trip in March, when my daugter was almost 3 and my son was 10 months. It's a lot easier than bringing 2 strollers (in and out of the car, bus, airport, etc) and your older child can still sit when he's tired. Obviously my son needed the stroller, but my daughter loved having the choice to sit when she was really tired, or stand when we didn't want to walk as slow as she would've, and we wanted her in the stroller! Also she was constantly hopping in and out of it to see things.

The only reason you may need another stroller is if you think your son will be taking a nap in the stroller - he can't in the sit n stand.

I really went back and forth about this for my trip too, but I have to tell you I'm glad I just brougt the sit n stand - it was a life saver for us!

Either way, you'll have a blast!! Have a great trip!
And eat a lot of these for me!!:mickeybar mmm!

Each child is different but after all day in the park, sitting in a stroller rests the little ones legs. Even adults are exhausted from day after day on the pavement.

Enjoy your trip and do what is best for your children, but remember how large the parks are.

My boys are about the same age and we are taking our 2 from home. I know big brother will need it. And if we had only one he'd want it just to want it, iykwim.

With a rental car I think you'll really be fine. My biggest worry is the buses. I just posted a question because I was worried about being burdened with the strollers when the boys were walking. But the responses assured me I can park my stroller for extended periods without a worry (for example leave in one centrsal spot while touring Fantasy Land).

Depending how crowded and hectic the airport is the strollers may be a blessing.

Have fun!
:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter