Another reason to camp !

Amen to that sista! :worship:

My room, my stuff, my pillow, my Nick Saban jammies, and nobody else but family going in and out where my stuff is. That's why I love camping in my trailer.

That story will feed every conspiracy theory. "Hey, was that hair brush there when we went to the park this morning? I thought I left it on that counter over here."

Bama Ed

My friend is a DVC owner and her suite was broken into on her last trip. They took all of her jewelry, her niece's medication and her grandson's ipod.

This is definitely not an isolated incident.

Though I have to admit, that I cannot understand why people would leave valuables like that behind anyway. When I travel I usually wear a bear minimum of jewelry, and I never leave it in a hotel room. :confused3

When my family and I stayed at POFQ (March 2012), we returned from the parks to our hotel room to find our door propped open. Housekeeping had left it open all day. Fortunately, nothing was missing. We called the front desk to let them know and they were apologetic. This is another reason why camping is the way to go!

When my family and I stayed at POFQ (March 2012), we returned from the parks to our hotel room to find our door propped open. Housekeeping had left it open all day. Fortunately, nothing was missing. We called the front desk to let them know and they were apologetic. This is another reason why camping is the way to go!

Wow! Now that's incompetence at it's finest.

My BFF's son's DS was taken from the room on her last trip.

The only jewelery I take I wear. My wedding ring and a necklace. DH wears his wedding ring. DS is on ADHD meds. I keep them in the safe. Won't risk them coming up missing.

Another reason to add to why I love vacationing in my own RV. Over the years and watching a few investigative reports on how " clean hotel rooms are", I appreciate staying in my own place with my own stuff, favourite pillow, sheets only I have slept in, and the foods and drinks I like in the fridge.
In my humble opinion I have my own home at Fort Wilderness when I vacation at WDW.:banana:

Another reason to add to why I love vacationing in my own RV. Over the years and watching a few investigative reports on how " clean hotel rooms are", I appreciate staying in my own place with my own stuff, favourite pillow, sheets only I have slept in, and the foods and drinks I like in the fridge.
In my humble opinion I have my own home at Fort Wilderness when I vacation at WDW.:banana:

I agree and Not to mention the bedbugs. I always worry about that.

I agree and Not to mention the bedbugs. I always worry about that.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I did NOT need to read this thread! I love vacationing in my own RV for all the reasons mentioned above and one other... My fifth wheel is bigger than any hotel room I would book.

Unfortunately, if I want to be at Disney for my birthday in a few weeks, I have to stay in a hotel :(.

(ok I do feel guilty putting a sad face there -- I'm going to DISNEY!)

Come to think of it, since we have been camping at the Fort. We have never had a single thing stolen from us. What we put out in the site, never leaves. So just another reason why campers are the best people. Seems like there is a trust factor that is between camping folk.:thumbsup2

Can't forget that the Fort is also the only place where we can have our furry family members with us. Campers are the best!

Bedbugs was always on my mind but the real reason to buy RV was we love staying at the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds.
I've always wanted RV, I have been talking about it for over 40 years, husband not so much... Heck I would have taken a popup.. tent with air... I'm not picky..

So when my husband finally said I could get RV, I took him up on it.
We were paying a lot to stay in the cabins and every year it got higher, now it looks like Christmas time will be over $400 night.
I told him look how much money we are wasting that could be going towards RV.
Even with paying gas for RV which was not too bad I know it was under $800 and that was for both ways..
and add in price of campsite around $1000 if I go more then two times a year I was wasting money that could go toward RV payment.
I've always felt safe in the campground...

Did'ja ever think that by stay'n at a hotel that ya might be sleep'n in the filth of a celebrity who was there before you ! How cool would that be,, a celebrities filth instead of the filth of a average Joe !

:crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

:rolleyes1

Another housekeeper arrested for stealing...

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/General_Disney_News/Walt_Disney_World_housekeeper_arrested_for_theft.htm

How or why is she able to access the room safe?

Why are there so many people that want what others have, but aren't willing to work for it? :confused3 There's a lifetime of hard work that goes into much of what we all accumulate.

Seems to be more of the 'I want it, I'll take it' mentality. :sad2: - Not plan, work hard, and save.

I, too, wonder how she could have access to room safes. :confused3

. . . I, too, wonder how she could have access to room safes. :confused3

1) The room safes are not hard to enter. *
2) The key-locks are not exactly secure like the keypad safes.
3) That is why we keep valuables in the Front Desk Safe Deposit Boxes.

* In fact, I remember someone who lost their key. WDW supposedly
has to call a locksmith to break into the safe and re-key a new lock.
One of my Maintenance buddies asked me to come with him. He walked
up to the safe, and gave it a "thump" with his fist, and the safe door
just popped open - like Fonzie on Happy Days. It was the funniest thing
I have ever seen.

If that's the case (easy entry into locked room safes) they should not have them in the guest rooms. That seems to give guests false security. :confused3

They should tell 'all' guests to leave valuables at the front desk safe.

I am glad again that our computers, etc. are safe in our locked MH. ::yes::

I took my first "non-Fort" trip this past May and stayed at PORV. I felt lost not having my "home base" and I felt very insecure about the beds and our belongings. PORV was nice but I missed EVERYTHING about being at FW....especially tucking my daughter into her own bed and relaxing on my couch with a snack and a beer from my fridge....all at DISNEY! Only camping for me from now on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter