Another question they ask in the interview

wdwendyd

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
My son and daughter are done with their interviews. My daughter's was really short- less than 10 minutes. He asked her the one about the child that is too short for Space Mountain but they also asked her one for Merchandise:
"If a guest wanted a sweatshirt but you were sold out, what would you do?" or something along those lines. It took her by surprise but I'm sure she did fine. They also asked my son this but he was prepared (thanks to his sister!)

I had the merchandise question, too. They asked me: "If a guest came into the Emporium looking for an item that you were sold out of, what would you do?"

Good luck to your son and daughter, I'm sure they did just fine. :cheer2:

answer: pick up the phone and call central merchandise! They can tell you the location of any available merchandise on Disney property. Its easy..I did it for TONS of people when I worked on Main St....and when I go to WDW now, if find something I want but can't fine it, I go to a house phone and ask for central merchandise! :P Im such a geek.

Im sure you young ones did well on their interviews! best wishes!

I didn't have the merchandise question or the space mountain question. I had two questions that probably took the place of those. One: Tell me about a negative situation that you turned into a positive and Two: Tell me something that you did that you felt you went above and beyond for your employer?
~*joanne

Call central merchandise? Yeah, like I actually would know to say that because everyone who is interviewing knows to call central merchandise. I told them the interviewer that I would say "I am very sorry, but we seem to be sold out of this style..." then I think I went on about something like, you could check back in a day or two if you are still here because we might get more of the style in stock. Or, I would check with a store manager. I'm sure that as long as you gave the "I'm sorry" in the answer first that it would be okay. After all, once we get there the managers will have to teach us the basic ropes.

I had the same question. I was so ticked because I just couldn't think of anything else to say. I wouldn't lie to the guest or give an attitude, I would be very nice to them.

It's been 10 days since my interview today. I'm getting way too nervous now. :(

They just asked me if I was comfortable in a Sales role. Like as in I would have to attempt to push people in a nice way and asked if I was comfortable with that. My interviewer was so nice!!!

~Snow White's Proteje princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter