Another Member Services Change....

I definitely don’t want it automatic. I have reasons many times why I split it up.

IMO, I’d rather the keep the website to the basics..and have those work well all the time..which it isn’t currently..then try more complicated things.

To me, it’s not a big deal to have to submit a request to get it done. Just don’t see it as a problem that needs to be fixed.
I'd rather Disney have a competent IT department and then have the website be able to do most things.

I wonder if a similar step happens with email.
All I’m saying is it seems like the initial contact step and transfer of info could be streamlined….or not.

Chat has an expectation of being immediate, which is why they send you the intermediate chat. Email does not have that expectation.

They just wouldn't respond to you until they had done it with an email.

I definitely don’t want it automatic. I have reasons many times why I split it up.

IMO, I’d rather the keep the website to the basics..and have those work well all the time..which it isn’t currently..then try more complicated things.

To me, it’s not a big deal to have to submit a request to get it done. Just don’t see it as a problem that needs to be fixed.

I think my problem with it is that they used to be able to do it instantly when you requested it through chat or by phone. Now, it takes days, sometimes. It’s not a huge problem, just not “progress” in the customer experience.

I think my problem with it is that they used to be able to do it instantly when you requested it through chat or by phone. Now, it takes days, sometimes. It’s not a huge problem, just not “progress” in the customer experience.

I never had it done instantly via chat so not sure it was consistent that a CM could do it. It was always something they had to request…and I average needing it 4 to 6 times a year

To be fair, I never called in to have it done so can’t speak to that.

The only difference recently is that it’s been a few days vs 24 hours in the past.

I never had it done instantly via chat so not sure it was consistent that a CM could do it. It was always something they had to request…and I average needing it 4 to 6 times a year

The only difference recently is that it’s been a few days vs 24 hours in the past.

When you called it was done right then while you were on the phone with them. Either the CM you spoke to did it or they contaced the "group" that would do it.

And this reminds me. I miss being able to dial the extensions. I had a long time CM who could do everything. He also expressed that he liked to speak with the same members although they'd also be part of the regular queue if they didn't have someone who called in to their extension. I got him that way a couple of times as well.

I also merge reservations often and have been doing it for years. Most of the time, I use chat. Until recently (meaning within the last year), my requests to merge had been processed immediately or within hours. The “form” had not been mentioned to me until recently.

Not sure if anyone else has had this experience, but after waiting more than 45 minutes to speak to a member services cast member ("River" - less than pleasant) to combine several nights that I was able to string together into one reservation- and I was told that MS no longer does that if the reservation is farther than 14 days out. She told me that I needed to hold while she put in a request for someone else to combine the nights into one reservation. Fine- but then I WAS ON HOLD 20 minutes!! In the past, it was quicker for them to combine the days. "River" told me that it would be done by 5 business days. It has been 3 days so far- and nothing.

Another fail by Disney Member Services as far as I'm concerned. I call to have them do something that I cannot do online, and then it cannot be done by them anymore.

Hopefully it actually gets combined without me having to call and wait again!

I have always done this by email. It still takes 3 to 5 days to happen but it's less painful.

I miss being able to dial the extensions. I had a long time CM who could do everything. He also expressed that he liked to speak with the same members although they'd also be part of the regular queue if they didn't have someone who called in to their extension. I got him that way a couple of times as well.
👆👆
This

I also miss speaking to the cast member of my choice. I've come across a few recently that seem like they need more dvc training...

facebook twitter