Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

Oh, for Pete’s sake!! :sad2: Welcome to Calgary where we have 4 seasons - 3 of which are all some version of winter. And more than one can occur on the same day. It was 15C this afternoon and these are the conditions now. 5” expected by morning.:mad:
View attachment 855804

No wonder our Canadian geese are still hanging out around here and not heading north!! :teeth:

Are you freakin' KIDDING me? I HATE spring snow! We had snow here on April 4th, enough to cancel school, and I thought I was gonna lost it! The only good thing about snow this late in the year is that it should melt quickly!
[Not to jinx anything, but I remember having snow on May 10th in the Boston area, when I was in 9th grade!]

Just checking in to say hi. I am relieved to report that we have not had anymore snow here in the Bangor, ME area. It went from upper 40s/low 50s to mid 60s in a matter of days. We went from naked tree branches to full leaves in about a week- so that's it for spring, I'm guessing! It's supposed to hit 87F on Wednesday (and I'll be stuck in lab all afternoon...) and it'll hold steady in the 70s for the next 10 days. No sun, just cloudy all the time. Sigh.

I am stupidly excited about a trip to WDW that DD30 and I just booked. She and her DH did a week in April (at POR) and she got a Bounceback offer. It's expensive, but she and I will spend 3 nights at the Polynesian, August 2nd-5th! Unless I can rent points we NEVER stay deluxe, and then only at AKL as I love it there, so this is quite the big deal for us! We have a Moana water view room and it'll be strictly a resort trip; no theme park tickets, just DD and me for a long weekend of good food and drink. It's wicked expensive by our standards, but we aren't getting theme park tickets or renting a car, so I'm justifying the cost of the room as being offset by no tickets/car. Besides... I just checked the Disney site. We are saving $150 a night over the summer discount rate and $225 a night over rack rate, so I'll put my blinders on and enjoy this "budget" trip to Disney!! I can't tell you how excited we are- we already bought matching tropical print dresses for one day!!

We have trips in September & November for F&F. One of the trips we'll be taking family friends who haven't been to WDW in 30 years.
Shhh... I might have started planning a solo trip for November that I haven't quite yet run by DH. I'm waiting to see what the syllabus for fall semester looks like, to make sure I can take the time off, but have booked SW airfare (on points) and a room at ASMu- both of which are refundable if I cancel... Shhh... :tiptoe:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter