Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

I'd almost forgotten about that!:rotfl2: I actually sorta liked the original Alien Encounter attraction, it went downhill fast after Stitch was installed, I think it was a "one & done" for us after that.

I actually loved the old Alien Encounter. I use to get soooo scared and heck I was in my 40's!!! :rotfl2:

Weatherwise.......we're suppose to get up to near 50 next Monday but I'm with Ron on this one....we'll see and feel!! :cool:

The temps are starting to climb here. How about the rest of you? Are you getting any relief from the polar vortex yet? Is it safe to leave the house? I was saddened to hear of those who passed away during these cold temps, some of whom were discovered just outside their homes. I'm glad all of you are safe.
-3 here And no wind, so -3 wind chill also. Much better than the -25/-47 we had on Wednesday and this morning.

We had another ice storm a few days ago and it's going to rain all day today. At least the temps are supposed to remain (slightly) above freezing. Fun fact: Our elementary school DGDs haven't had a full week of school since before Christmas. There have been several snow days, plus the MLK holiday, and this week it's parent-teacher conferences.

We had another ice storm a few days ago and it's going to rain all day today. At least the temps are supposed to remain (slightly) above freezing. Fun fact: Our elementary school DGDs haven't had a full week of school since before Christmas. There have been several snow days, plus the MLK holiday, and this week it's parent-teacher conferences.

I remember a year like that! We were in a repeating weather pattern, and seemed to have every Wednesday off due to snow. (This year, of course, we've had no snow days, and DS is disappointed.)

Things here are crazy, but not related to weather. DS gets his braces off tomorrow (yeah!) and is also having a minor surgery Thursday (he's fine, but I'm a nervous Nelly).

We just lost a neighbor - far too young - a couple of weeks ago, and I don't think I'm processing it very well. I alternate between grieving, trying to think of ways to help his wife and kids, and just feeling so vulnerable all around.

Valentine's Day doesn't help, because it was my mom's favorite holiday, so I always think about and miss her more, even all these years later.

I can't wait to get to February break, when I'm hoping the big things will slow down and the little things will get caught up.

I remember a year like that! We were in a repeating weather pattern, and seemed to have every Wednesday off due to snow. (This year, of course, we've had no snow days, and DS is disappointed.)

Things here are crazy, but not related to weather. DS gets his braces off tomorrow (yeah!) and is also having a minor surgery Thursday (he's fine, but I'm a nervous Nelly).

We just lost a neighbor - far too young - a couple of weeks ago, and I don't think I'm processing it very well. I alternate between grieving, trying to think of ways to help his wife and kids, and just feeling so vulnerable all around.

Valentine's Day doesn't help, because it was my mom's favorite holiday, so I always think about and miss her more, even all these years later.

I can't wait to get to February break, when I'm hoping the big things will slow down and the little things will get caught up.

Sorry for your loss, and worry about your son's surgery even though as you said it is minor. Hang in there. :hug:

Love ya and thinking of you missing your Mom, today. Happy special Valentine Day. :hug:

I hope your son's surgery went well today. So sorry for the loss of your neighbor and for feeling the loss of your mother on her favorite holiday. Thinking of you and sending you a big cyber hug! :hug:

We are going into round 3 of snow/ice mix here starting Monday night. We have been through many storms but the last one really shook me to my core. Thick ice on everything, and 100 km hr winds bringing hydro lines down with broken branches. :sad1:

Wishing no more of that for you guys! Hopefully your newly fixed furnace kept up with the cold. Those winds sound intense.

We have truly stupid weather coming again tomorrow. We can't seem to make up our minds. 60s and 70s for a stretch and then cold, wet 20s and 30s.

Sorry for your loss, and worry about your son's surgery even though as you said it is minor. Hang in there. :hug:

Love ya and thinking of you missing your Mom, today. Happy special Valentine Day. :hug:

I hope your son's surgery went well today. So sorry for the loss of your neighbor and for feeling the loss of your mother on her favorite holiday. Thinking of you and sending you a big cyber hug! :hug:

Hi everyone - thanks for the well wishes. I'm doing OK and DS did great in the surgery! The only thing he's bummed about today is that the splint (left wrist) gets in the way of playing video games.

Wishing no more of that for you guys! Hopefully your newly fixed furnace kept up with the cold. Those winds sound intense.

We have truly stupid weather coming again tomorrow. We can't seem to make up our minds. 60s and 70s for a stretch and then cold, wet 20s and 30s.

The furnace has been great, the weather not so much! We are going to Niagara Falls for a nights stay regardless of the weather; to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary, and my Dh's birthday. Yes, we got married on his birthday! :bride:

We are going to Niagara Falls for a nights stay regardless of the weather; to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary, and my Dh's birthday. Yes, we got married on his birthday
I guess that's one way to remember the date;) Congratulation on your anniversary! Is it a milestone anniversary?

• 2nd anniversary: Cotton. Cotton is the traditional gift for the second anniversary. ...
  • 3rd anniversary: Leather. ...
  • 4th anniversary: Flowers. ...
  • 5th anniversary: Wood. ...
  • 10th anniversary: Tin. ...
  • 30th anniversary: Pearl. ...
  • 40th anniversary: Ruby. ...
  • 50th anniversary: Gold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter