Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

Well, it's only supposed to be 95 and 110 heat index today. .

I may need a sweater! :scared1:

;)

99 degrees, 115 heat index.

How people lived here before air conditioning, ice, liquor stores, Toby Tyler movies on CD, cable tv, and NyQuil. . . I'll never know.

How's the weather where you live?

Right now 84, feels like 91. The last week it's been in the mid-90s, feeling like 112+. I'm happy we have a good breeze today, expecting some storms to help drop the humidity for 5 minutes.

Right now 84, feels like 91. The last week it's been in the mid-90s, feeling like 112+. I'm happy we have a good breeze today, expecting some storms to help drop the humidity for 5 minutes.

Definitely sounds better than you had last week! A cool breeze would feel so nice about now. .. :)

I know I should be grateful it's just hot and humid and there aren't storms and tornadoes rolling around, but I find I'm much happier being miserable.

;)

Definitely sounds better than you had last week! A cool breeze would feel so nice about now. .. :)

I know I should be grateful it's just hot and humid and there aren't storms and tornadoes rolling around, but I find I'm much happier being miserable.

;)

Well, we did have a tropical storm blow through last week, tornado hit about 30 miles from my place.
The wind is seriously going right now, and it's so dark, I need to have the lights on (at 1:30 pm). Darn FL afternoon storms.

That's the way it was here in Coweta, OK. (The Entertainment Capitol Of The Midwest!).

It was so humid it was hard to breathe, and I was afraid to let my dogs out more than 10 minutes at a time.

I've never thought of Oklahoma being the Midwest. I would be curious to hear others thoughts?? I guess when I think of the Midwest I think Indiana , Iowa, Nebraska. I can certainly agree about the heat though , a little scared about what's coming in July and August!

Well, we did have a tropical storm blow through last week, tornado hit about 30 miles from my place.
The wind is seriously going right now, and it's so dark, I need to have the lights on (at 1:30 pm). Darn FL afternoon storms.

I used to live in Tarpon Springs, and I remember it used to rain like hell all most every afternoon around 4pm. You could practically set your watch by it. Seldom lasted long, and only made the humidity worse though.

Glad you made it through the tropical storm okay. . . they can be scary. :)

High today looks to be 72º. We've been getting a marine layer that has kept us pretty cool in the mornings and sun breaks through around noon to warm up our days, but today I came out to sunny skies. It's going to be hot this weekend. Good beach weather.

I've never thought of Oklahoma being the Midwest. I would be curious to hear others thoughts?? I guess when I think of the Midwest I think Indiana , Iowa, Nebraska. I can certainly agree about the heat though , a little scared about what's coming in July and August!

I think I read someplace that the geographical center of the US is in Kansas, and OK borders Kansas, so that's the 'Mid' part. . . and we're west of the Mississippi, so that would be the West part.

I've also heard it referred to a Southern state, a South Western state, in the West, and 'not actually in Hell, but you can see it from there'. ;)

So who knows? :)

High today looks to be 72º. We've been getting a marine layer that has kept us pretty cool in the mornings and sun breaks through around noon to warm up our days, but today I came out to sunny skies. It's going to be hot this weekend. Good beach weather.

Way to rub it in Mary Jo!!

;)

:D

I am at WDW. It's pretty perfect here. 91, not humid, a few clouds in the sky.

I consider Oklahoma the west. Like Texas.

Way to rub it in Mary Jo!!

;)

:D

Anytime! heh :p

We have an office in OKC so I get to go out there a few times a year and visit your fair state.

I consider Oklahoma the Midwest, and consider Arizona, New Mexico, etc., the West. But then, I consider Texas to be the West, and they're right below OK.... so making me rethink it.

:sunny:Checking in from Phoenix.:sunny:

100 degrees today
108 degrees tomorrow
113 on Saturday
120 on Sunday
120 on Monday
115 on Tuesday
117 on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday

Yeah, it's a bit toasty here! But, of course, it's a dry heat!:rotfl:

You'd think all the condensation from the evaporated sweat would create all kinds of humidity. :)

Yes, I now realize just how gross that comment is, but I've never experienced this "dry heat" I hear so many positives about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!