Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

Hi guys. We have sunshine with snow flurries right now. It's 33 degrees.....wayyyy chilly for this time of year even for mid- Michigan! I can take the yukky weather as I know it's going to change starting next week. Wish I could say the same for this dang virus. :(

Stay safe everyone. :goodvibes
I thought of you the other day. We canceled our bus tour to Mackinaw Island in June... sigh. We rebooked it for August, hopefully things will be better then. You stay safe too. :hug:

Jane I'm so glad you posted to our thread. I'd been thinking it needed a bump:) The idea that someone associated a piece of exercise equipment with me is a first!:teeth:

Winter is finally over here! Temps are in the 60s & low 70s so I'm now out of excuses for going for walks (though it's raining all day today.

I did pick up all the supplies for the Disney Dole Whip recipe they published a week or so ago. Also bought some coconut rum just in case it needs a little boost. I'm a little hesitant to mix it up because once the lid comes off that 1/2 gallon of ice cream, I'm afraid it'll become a daily/nightly thing.
:earboy2:

Our spring WDW trip planned for next week has been cancelled and rebooked for late October. I'm skeptical that even that will happen, but we'll see. We also pulled the plug on the Northern European cruise planned for August, likely Disney will cancel it anyway.

Hope everyone is hangin' in there & staying healthy. I'll report back when I make the Dole Whip.;)

Jane I'm so glad you posted to our thread. I'd been thinking it needed a bump:) The idea that someone associated a piece of exercise equipment with me is a first!:teeth:

Winter is finally over here! Temps are in the 60s & low 70s so I'm now out of excuses for going for walks (though it's raining all day today.

I did pick up all the supplies for the Disney Dole Whip recipe they published a week or so ago. Also bought some coconut rum just in case it needs a little boost. I'm a little hesitant to mix it up because once the lid comes off that 1/2 gallon of ice cream, I'm afraid it'll become a daily/nightly thing.

Our spring WDW trip planned for next week has been cancelled and rebooked for late October. I'm skeptical that even that will happen, but we'll see. We also pulled the plug on the Northern European cruise planned for August, likely Disney will cancel it anyway.

Hope everyone is hangin' in there & staying healthy. I'll report back when I make the Dole Whip.;)
Let's not kid ourselves - this is a safe space. You're going right to rum & pineapple juice on the rocks with an ice cream cone in your other hand, aren't you. :rotfl2:

Hey my Canadian buddies and Ron.......I think of you every time I go to the Webcam at Port Huron, MI to watch my ore boats go by. The background is Canada. So I always send a special "hi" to you guys even tho you probably aren't even close to Sarnia, Ont.

And Ron......nope spring isn't here yet in mid-Michigan. We have literally had snow, snowflakes, sleet, whatever in 8 days of the last 12!!!! But I will do rum with you; just a state or two away. :love:

I associated coming up from the basement with you. :goodvibes

The recipes being offered up from fanchise restaurants are fun. Canada's Wonderland here offered their famous funnel cake. However, I'm not sure it's one I'd try it reads too delicate like a souffle!

We wanted to go back to Myrtle Beach in October, but it doesn't look promising. Our 50th in the Spring is booked on a Southern Caribbean cruise I guess like your's it's a we'll see... sigh.

Stay safe all.

Winter is finally over here! Temps are in the 60s & low 70s
every time I go to the Webcam at Port Huron, MI to watch my ore boats go by
nope spring isn't here yet in mid-Michigan. We have literally had snow, snowflakes, sleet, whatever in 8 days of the last 12!
Good to see you guys again. Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. :hug:'s 6 feet, face mask, wash your hands.

Here are 2 of the grandkids, about 10 miles from us, last week. :cold: But we have mostly been in the 40's to 60's.

every time I go to the Webcam at Port Huron, MI to watch my ore boats go by
This is what you do for excitement in Michigan, Kitty? :duck:

Hey my Canadian buddies and Ron.......I think of you every time I go to the Webcam at Port Huron, MI to watch my ore boats go by. The background is Canada. So I always send a special "hi" to you guys even tho you probably aren't even close to Sarnia, Ont.

And Ron......nope spring isn't here yet in mid-Michigan. We have literally had snow, snowflakes, sleet, whatever in 8 days of the last 12!!!! But I will do rum with you; just a state or two away. :love:
No, Sarnia isn't exactly in my 'hood but I love the fact that you're thinking of us. :wave2:

Good to see you guys again. Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. :hug:'s 6 feet, face mask, wash your hands.

Here are 2 of the grandkids, about 10 miles from us, last week. :cold: But we have mostly been in the 40's to 60's.

View attachment 490453

This is what you do for excitement in Michigan, Kitty? :duck:

Yes, Dan. I seriously am an ore boat/freighter fanatic. That's why we go up to Mackinaw City every summer so I can personally watch them go by. I love it when I'm driving over the bridge and one is going underneath! They are awesome. And yes the family think I'm nuts, a tad.

Coincidentally, my BFF of almost 30 years revealed to me a few years back that her father was a retired ore boat captain on the Great Lakes. I about lost it! Never met the gentleman but love hearing the stories my friend tells me about her Dad. He died a couple of years ago and Mary (my BFF) gave me two beautiful pictures of his ore boat on my birthday. I hang them proudly. :love:

Yes, Dan. I seriously am an ore boat/freighter fanatic. That's why we go up to Mackinaw City every summer so I can personally watch them go by. I love it when I'm driving over the bridge and one is going underneath! They are awesome. And yes the family think I'm nuts, a tad.

Coincidentally, my BFF of almost 30 years revealed to me a few years back that her father was a retired ore boat captain on the Great Lakes. I about lost it! Never met the gentleman but love hearing the stories my friend tells me about her Dad. He died a couple of years ago and Mary (my BFF) gave me two beautiful pictures of his ore boat on my birthday. I hang them proudly. :love:

My Dh gets you! He worked at our Steel Company down here. When we were in Windsor on one of our bus tours it took 'almost' everything I could muster to get him away from viewing them out the hotel window!

I'm indifferent to them meh... although we followed one through a canal into Hamilton Harbour/from Lake Ontario on our small sailboat, and as Dh's crew, I was anything BUT indifferent that morning! :boat:

I can actually see that, Kitty. Ships of different kinds can be very interesting. And there are so many different kinds. They can be quite majestic.

Hi everyone. I'm having a grubbily kind of day so wanted to pop in and see how y'all are doing (and whine a little). I'm overtired- slept only 3 hours last night so I could get all my students' labs and such corrected and grades calculated, as 5pm today was the deadline for opting for pass/fail or withdrawing from a class. It's my own fault- I hate to grade labs and am a terrible procrastinator- but being tired makes me feel a little less optimistic, a bit more defenseless. I am usually fine about all this virus-stuff but about once every couple of weeks or so, it gets to me. On top of being sleep deprived, both ME and NH are relaxing their "stay at home" restrictions and loosening up, letting things slowly re-open. Yes, it's good for business, but my relatives and friends who are business owners are nervous about their own health, bringing virus home to their families, etc. Other friends are nervous because their employers are calling them back to work, but they are high-risk, worried about those at home who are, etc., but if they don't go back to work they lose their unemployment support. So I'm worrying about loved ones. To top it off... a friend's brother died of Covid-19 this morning, and she is in quarantine. They'd had supper together about 10 days ago, figured it was OK as everyone had been self-isolating, only going to the grocery store, etc. Well, no. Her brother spiked a fever on Monday and he died this morning. I feel just so awful for her. Today I am just amazed that there is all this stuff hanging over us, directing our lives. Three months ago, who would have believed it? Anyhow... I am fine, really, just having an introspective, sleepy day. I hope the new month of May is finding everyone, your loved ones, your friends, safe, healthy, and moving forward with life. I know... this too shall pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter