Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

I don't recall owning any dated clothing. I know with the 2016 WDW theme there was a sweatshirt I wanted, but it was a girlie fit that ran small. I am working on purchasing an Alex & Ani each time I go, so I have the 2016 of that.

Today is a lazy day of laundry, cleaning house, maybe run to store. We were out a couple days visiting a friend that's in a rehab facility several hours away. They were in a wreck and injured spine/cord/nerve damage. Not sure about walking or regaining fine motor skills, but doing well, high spirits, able to go out in chair and talkative.

I don't recall owning any dated clothing. I know with the 2016 WDW theme there was a sweatshirt I wanted, but it was a girlie fit that ran small. I am working on purchasing an Alex & Ani each time I go, so I have the 2016 of that.

Today is a lazy day of laundry, cleaning house, maybe run to store. We were out a couple days visiting a friend that's in a rehab facility several hours away. They were in a wreck and injured spine/cord/nerve damage. Not sure about walking or regaining fine motor skills, but doing well, high spirits, able to go out in chair and talkative.

First I hope your friend recovers & gets some function back. I had a injury awhile ago requiring rods & pins so I can only imagine spinal injury.

I have been collecting Alex & Ani for awhile, mostly local sports teams & Disney. I do add one each time we cruise too. I think that sounds like an obsession:rotfl2::rotfl2: I have always had trouble with girlie fit clothing the waist fits but well the upper area is a problem:confused3:rotfl:

This weekend is lazy too. We had the flu run through the house last/this week. My poor DH actually ended up in the ER, he got the respiratory part bad. So it has been a week of meds & inhalers. So it is indoors, couch surfing & lots of movies. The plan is Hacksaw Ridge, Manchester by the See, the Arrival & The Nice Guys. I just wish I could drink some wine but meds:cool::cool::cool: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

they are from all my Disney races
I think that's fine because participating in a race is an accomplishment! :thumbsup2 BTW I'm not suggesting that no one should wear dated clothing, I''m just saying I would feel sort of conspicuous in it. For anyone who likes it, good for you!:)

We are here! We arrived in Omaha last night.

I used to work for a company with offices in Omaha and went there for work a few times. I was impressed with the area it's sort of "just big enough" to be interesting but not a ginormous metro area with nightmare traffic. Have fun picking out new furniture & exploring the area.

We were out a couple days visiting a friend that's in a rehab facility several hours away

The time you spend with the friend means so much to them. It's tough to visit people in hospitals & facilities, I'm sure your visit is what keeps their spirits high.

I have always had trouble with girlie fit clothing the waist fits but well the upper area is a problem

Certainly not everyone feels that way.:duck:So sorry to hear about the flu sitch, that's getting serious when you have to go to the ER. You two take it easy. Is your upcoming cruise a Disney cruise?

DGDs arrival is imminent, the havoc will begin shortly. ;)

We had the flu run through the house last/this week.

I'm having major anxiety right now regarding sickness. There have been SO many kids at the school I work at with colds, flu, respiratory stuff, strep throat, norovirus and even mono! Next week we are having a day where admin is making us do either phone calls or home visits because testing season is coming up and attendance crunch. Haven't heard my assignment yet but I just have a gut feeling it will be visits. I'm panicking. These aren't going to be clean houses. I'm so worried about the above mentioned as well as bed bugs, fleas/ticks, lice, overall filth. I've been to bed a couple nights in tears over it.

I think that's fine because participating in a race is an accomplishment! :thumbsup2 BTW I'm not suggesting that no one should wear dated clothing, I''m just saying I would feel sort of conspicuous in it. For anyone who likes it, good for you!:)

Certainly not everyone feels that way.:duck:So sorry to hear about the flu sitch, that's getting serious when you have to go to the ER. You two take it easy. Is your upcoming cruise a Disney cruise?

DGDs arrival is imminent, the havoc will begin shortly. ;)

:rotfl2::rotfl2:Now you sound like my DH. Yeah when he comes home goes to bed on Friday & doesn't get up til I dragged him to Urgent Care Sunday night, I knew it was bad. We are good now, but damn when you get older recovery takes much longer.

No not a Disney Cruise, although we a planning one with our DGDs in the fall:thumbsup2:thumbsup2. Should be interesting 3 against 2, their parents are getting some much needed alone vacation time elsewhere. This one is RC our of Ft Lauderdale to ST Maarten, PR & Haiti:dancer::dancer:

I LOVE THE HAVOC!! Reminds me of why I had kids in my 20's. We had 3 boys between us so having 3 little girls is soo different for us both.

I'm having major anxiety right now regarding sickness. There have been SO many kids at the school I work at with colds, flu, respiratory stuff, strep throat, norovirus and even mono! Next week we are having a day where admin is making us do either phone calls or home visits because testing season is coming up and attendance crunch. Haven't heard my assignment yet but I just have a gut feeling it will be visits. I'm panicking. These aren't going to be clean houses. I'm so worried about the above mentioned as well as bed bugs, fleas/ticks, lice, overall filth. I've been to bed a couple nights in tears over it.

I can't imagine having to go to peoples homes, especially right now:earseek::earseek: Hopefully you won't get visits. I know my DGD's school closed for 2 days because so many kids were sick.

I remember being that way sometimes while subbing. I loved (NOT) going into a classroom and the sick teacher I was subbing for was in there writing plans, coughing and sneezing as she would hand them to me. I swear I used to get more sick that way than just from the students. :rolleyes:

Also, sorry about your friends in the accident. :hug:

Last edited:
Great new! After much anxiety and making myself sick over it, praying and wishing on every star, eyelash, Ladybug and other lucky charm I could find....

I got phone calls and not home visits!

I came home ravenous because I had been so nervous since last week that I wasn't eating much and was making myself sick with stress too! Whew!

Great new! After much anxiety and making myself sick over it, praying and wishing on every star, eyelash, Ladybug and other lucky charm I could find....

I got phone calls and not home visits!

I came home ravenous because I had been so nervous since last week that I wasn't eating much and was making myself sick with stress too! Whew!

AWESOME!!

Well weather here not normal but dipped back to the 50's. Keeping our fingers crossed we see no more white stuff, not that we can complain.

I love Ikea but OMG - bought DGD #1 a desk with hutch etc... She is home schooled (should that be one word) so she needed lots of cubbies & drawers so we bought the large version. So 4 of us spent the weekend putting it together:crazy2::crazy2: I never want to read another set of directions again:rotfl2::rotfl2: Oh the other Grandpa is a contractor even he was like WTH!!!

Bumping from Page 4!! I know we're all pretty busy but we can't forget our thread. We are ALDIO, as Micca pointed out awhile back!! ;)

Its sunny and in the 20's here in Mid-Michigan......winter temps are backkkkk! :cold:

:wave: Hi everyone! I've seen some of you "out in the wild" but it's good to have a town meeting once in a while. Decent temps here but windy as hell, it'll be warming up even more over the next week. Anyone have any weekend plans? It looks like we'll be playing the "What can we do to entertain the DGDs" game Sat/Sun. :)

Our middle DS and wife will be coming in tomorrow for his 30th birthday. We might play the game of Racko. We've made it more exciting because we play it for money!!! :rotfl:

Enjoy your DGDs. :hug:

Bumping from Page 4!! I know we're all pretty busy but we can't forget our thread. We are ALDIO, as Micca pointed out awhile back!! ;)

Its sunny and in the 20's here in Mid-Michigan......winter temps are backkkkk! :cold:

Same here. I thought maybe we lucked put but noooooo. It is New England after all. If you don't like the weather, wait a minute:cool: So we back to 30's today & single digits tonight & tomorrow.

We have a hockey game tonight. Local college playing for championship berth, at least the stands are heated:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

So GO ENDICOTT College:jumping1:

Same here. I thought maybe we lucked put but noooooo. It is New England after all. If you don't like the weather, wait a minute:cool: So we back to 30's today & single digits tonight & tomorrow.

We have a hockey game tonight. Local college playing for championship berth, at least the stands are heated:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

So GO ENDICOTT College:jumping1:

Good luck to Endicott College!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter