Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

Hi everyone! I am still a bit concerned for Willie. Did someone say that there was a poster who lived in the same town and was going to reach out to him?

I remember when Kathy (Nativetn) went and bought him that U of M shirt when we met up there in Lansing. I wonder how she's doing.
It's been so long since she left here, right after her husband Wilgus passed away. I sometimes wonder also, mostly when I refer a poster to the Illuminations cruise sticky which she originated so many years ago.

That was a fun meet there in Lansing, again, so many years ago. What year was that?

It's been so long since she left here, right after her husband Wilgus passed away. I sometimes wonder also, mostly when I refer a poster to the Illuminations cruise sticky which she originated so many years ago.

That was a fun meet there in Lansing, again, so many years ago. What year was that?

I think Michael was a Sophomore in HS so maybe 02 or 03??

Maybe Kathy made it back to Texas after her DH died. She certainly was a lot of fun but then we all were at those DIS meets! :)

I think Michael was a Sophomore in HS so maybe 02 or 03??

Maybe Kathy made it back to Texas after her DH died. She certainly was a lot of fun but then we all were at those DIS meets! :)
Wow, long time back.

I sure do miss those days, so many meets. Heck, we used to have at least 3 every year here in Chicago area, lots of people.

Was this a thread for that meet, Kitty?

https://www.disboards.com/threads/20030628-june-28-2003-saturday-michigan-dis-meet-indexed.359089/

It's still hot here, hit 35C yesterday. Unsure what today will bring. I'm finding it hard to sleep as the house is so warm so tossed and turned last night.

DD had a sleepover last night and I have to get organised ie. stay out of bed longer than to make coffee and pick jer up in town.

Rest of the day is pretty standard. Yelling at kids to clean their sewer bedrooms, baking, making obnoxious yet witty comments on social media.

Well it's been a heck of a day. Woke up at 345 because nature was calling and noticed I had a bit of a headache. Took a sinus/allergy Advil. It quickly intensified into a migraine and by 5am I was sick. Was supposed to go on a day trip shopping and get nails done. Ended up in bed until about 5pm then ran into town to get some dinner and such. At 945 I went to dump some trash and while coming back in, felt a severe stinging on my back and began screaming in pain (causing cats to freak out) turns out it was a red wasp that was now in my hair. So mom (who is allergic to these things) was now trying to catch it with paper towels while I was standing doubled over (and shirtless) still yelling in pain. Now I have a huge welp area on my back. I've been stung by bees, yellow jackets, asps, love bugs, but this is the WORST I've ever felt a sting.

Well it's been a heck of a day. Woke up at 345 because nature was calling and noticed I had a bit of a headache. Took a sinus/allergy Advil. It quickly intensified into a migraine and by 5am I was sick. Was supposed to go on a day trip shopping and get nails done. Ended up in bed until about 5pm then ran into town to get some dinner and such. At 945 I went to dump some trash and while coming back in, felt a severe stinging on my back and began screaming in pain (causing cats to freak out) turns out it was a red wasp that was now in my hair. So mom (who is allergic to these things) was now trying to catch it with paper towels while I was standing doubled over (and shirtless) still yelling in pain. Now I have a huge welp area on my back. I've been stung by bees, yellow jackets, asps, love bugs, but this is the WORST I've ever felt a sting.

Eek! You poor thing. I hate most wasps, I don't mind the mud wasps around here as they keep the spider population down and don't bother you. I also leave bees alone as much as possible as I'm allergic to them, and also because I rarely see them these days which is a worry.

Got my bake on today. Sweet chili and cheese scrolls, a double batch of sausage rolls, tuna pasta bake for tomorrow night, gingerbread cookies, and choc chip cookies. All for those bratty kids :lovestruc I still have to pre-make some waffles for breakfast tomorrow, the kids heat them up in the toaster. And I have some tomatoes that I want to turn into pasta sauce to freeze.

16422470_10212082431439065_5472608195451166184_o.jpg

That pic is a pic of my son getting an award. Dan, I thought you might like to see how grown up Dan is seeing it was so many years ago we had that DIS meet. And for some reason I couldn't write anything in the above post?? (Dan's the one in glasses)

I hope you're feeling better Disney Traveler. :hug: I had a horrendous bee sting two years ago and got cellulitis out of the deal. I could barely walk for two weeks.

I've been stung by bees, yellow jackets, asps, love bugs, but this is the WORST I've ever felt a sting.
:scared1: Good grief what an awful day, things can only get better today.:hug:

Got my bake on today. Sweet chili and cheese scrolls, a double batch of sausage rolls, tuna pasta bake for tomorrow night, gingerbread cookies, and choc chip cookies. All for those bratty kids :lovestruc I still have to pre-make some waffles for breakfast tomorrow, the kids heat them up in the toaster. And I have some tomatoes that I want to turn into pasta sauce to freeze.
This is very much what it's like around our house most days...WHEN THE COOKING SHOWS ARE ON TV!:earseek: Wow I'd grovel for leftovers of that stuff.:)

@Kitty 34 terrific pic of your DS, I can only imagine how proud you must be.:thumbsup2

Sorry to hear about your episode with the wasp, traveler. Wow, sounds painful. :hug:'s

Great picture, Kitty. He sure has grown up a lot since last time I saw him way back when. Amazing how that always happens. :) Please thank him for his service, and to all of you also.

...I've been stung by bees, yellow jackets, asps, love bugs, but this is the WORST I've ever felt a sting.
:flower3: Sorry - I glean from many of your posts that life is pretty tough for you right now.

I've only ever been stung by a wasp once (carrying food through a park to a picnic spot). It barely even left a mark but the pain was unbelievable...:scared:
Eek! You poor thing. I hate most wasps, I don't mind the mud wasps around here as they keep the spider population down and don't bother you. I also leave bees alone as much as possible as I'm allergic to them, and also because I rarely see them these days which is a worry.

Oh sweet Mother of Pearl jevsie...what level of hell do you live in where you actually like something hideous just because it controls something even more hideous...I'm here for you hon, :hug: if you ever want to move to where the biggest blight is the squirrels!

:scared1: Good grief what an awful day, things can only get better today.:hug:

This is very much what it's like around our house most days...WHEN THE COOKING SHOWS ARE ON TV!:earseek: Wow I'd grovel for leftovers of that stuff.:)

@Kitty 34 terrific pic of your DS, I can only imagine how proud you must be.:thumbsup2

Micca, my DS received Enlisted Troop of the year which we were proud of but better yet he and his DW gave us our first grand baby as you guys remember from last summer. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter