another beach question

kdmkdm7

Mouseketeer
We are trying to save money by doing our on excursions at St. Johns and St. Maarten. We would like to go swimming and snorkeling. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated on where and how to get there. I've heard that Megans Bay is very beautiful. Thank you for your help.

I'm not sure if my info is correct, but I think Magen's is only for swimming, not snorkeling. We went to Coki Point--$7 per person taxi ride. Rented 1 chair for the day $5. There are restroom facilities, but they are not in great shape. If I were doing it again, I would get admission to Coral World (use the discount coupon). This allows you all day admission to Coral World, plus gives you access to the hot/cold fresh water showers and nice restrooms. They also have rental lockers which would be great for storing extra stuff, including coolers with lunch packed in them.

We did our own excursion last Wed. to Cinnamon Bay at St. John's. We got off the ship at about 8:30, took a taxi to Red Hook Ferry, took the Ferry (20 min. ride) to Cruz Bay on St. John's and then took a taxi to Cinnamon Bay. We arrived at about 9:45. Snorkeled and swam until taxi picked us up at 1:30. Caught the 2:00 ferry back to St. Thomas and then took a taxi back to port, and then dropped our stuff off on the ship and headed to Havensight Mall (next to ship) to shop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter