Another backpack thread

emilymad

DIS Veteran
I feel like I am looking for the unicorn of backpacks that does not exist. I have been using an old VB backpack as my park bag but it is starting to get holes in the bottom. VB no longer makes the same size backpack.

I am looking for something mid sized, lightweight, cute, with outside water bottle holders that can actually fit a bottle of water, which doesn't seem to exist.

I searched old threads but a lot people seem to go sling or crossbody but I definitely need a backpack.

I ordered one the North Face mini backpacks but it is too mini and their regular ones are definitely too large. They are my preferred brand for a carryon, etc but just too much for the parks.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I went through this about a month ago, I ended up getting an Osprey Talon Pro 20. Depending on how big you want the bag you can look for an equivalent in the Tempest 9, 20, or Pro 18 women's backpacks. I'd recommend seeing if you can try the backpack on at REI or some other local sports retailers so you can see if they fit you well or not.

I can't speak for the "cuteness" side of things but functionally that can do quite a bit. I went with Osprey due to the waist area fit and the lifted back panel so it doesn't get too hot in the Orlando sun.

If you can sew, look t LInds Handmade patters, she has what is called The Guardian (Anti-Theft Backpack) which means the zipper is on the back side. Its a great backpack with lots of options for adding pockets. I loved VB backpacks years ago and now make my own as I can never find what Im looking for.

I feel like I am looking for the unicorn of backpacks that does not exist. I have been using an old VB backpack as my park bag but it is starting to get holes in the bottom. VB no longer makes the same size backpack.

I am looking for something mid sized, lightweight, cute, with outside water bottle holders that can actually fit a bottle of water, which doesn't seem to exist.

I searched old threads but a lot people seem to go sling or crossbody but I definitely need a backpack.

I ordered one the North Face mini backpacks but it is too mini and their regular ones are definitely too large. They are my preferred brand for a carryon, etc but just too much for the parks.

You could repair it while you look!
My college age sons favorite school backpack was getting holes from the corners of the books. I repaired it with liquid stitch and some material on the inside.

I ordered this one and really liked it. Held a lot of stuff, including water bottles, without being really heavy. Not exactly cute but some of the other bags by the same manufacturer had more interesting fabrics.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B078W4B...abc_GXGMJYT9DQQSNTG802RC?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Can also speak to this one. I bought it for work but it's cute and will hold water bottles inside and outside. It's a bit heavier but spreads weight out nicely

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B094NTB1GY?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I love Jansport half pints for Disney trips, although they don't have an outside pouch. I did use a loungefly-esque bag from Box Lunch with a child size Klean Kanteen this last trip and that bottle fit perfectly. I'd just pour in the water from the bottle and call it a day. We actually ended up spending less money because we just made sure to fill it up when we saw a water fountain. I usually do bottles of water in my jansport because DL is not great about water fountains, but it worked out really well this trip.

We are fairly big fans of Tom Bihn in our family. They have all sizes and are guaranteed for life. Having said that, they are not inexpensive- but you are supporting a small American company that makes great bags.

We are fairly big fans of Tom Bihn in our family. They have all sizes and are guaranteed for life. Having said that, they are not inexpensive- but you are supporting a small American company that makes great bags.

I ended up buying something different but I saw these backpacks in the parks last week and they looked great.

I'm a dude, so cute isn't my thing BUT....I have an Osprey and it is one of my prized possessions. I would look at their options and then proceed from there. I can totally relate to the unicorn of backpacks scenario. I use this, my wife user a VB backpack and my girls use Nike nylon cinch backpacks to keep things like their mouse ears, phones and sunglasses.

I personally use one of the cinch bags (canvas/cotton, not nylon!) that was absolutely one of the best bags I've ever bought. I use it for everything from biking to trips and such. I have one brand new one in reserves but I know it won't last forever.

I used a VB sling backpack in Disney last year. Great size but no water bottle holder. Searched on Amazon for a sling backpack and found one with a net water bottle holder on each side. The one strap sling style is easy to maneuver.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter