Another 3 weeks at Bonnet Creek-Live TR

Sounds a good plan to get the shuttle. Glad steak and shake service ok - all reports recently seem to suggest it has gone downhill.

Busch Gardens sounded like a good day. Only been once but it is in plan for May :)

Did Henry enjoy Falcon's Fury? I watched a youtube clip, but can't make up my mind if I could do it or not!

Busch Gardens sounded like a good day. Only been once but it is in plan for May :)

Did Henry enjoy Falcon's Fury? I watched a youtube clip, but can't make up my mind if I could do it or not!
Yes he really liked it. He doesn't think it's that scary but he's a 15 year old boy! Some people coming off it looked physically shaken.

Day 17 - Universal and Longhornes
After yesterday I thought I would be able to sleep late but wide awake by 8 again. Sat by the pool for a couple of hours on my own listening to my talking book. Baking hot again and looked set for a glorious day. As we had not been hungry enough for Longhornes last night we decided to go there for lunch before Universal. Surprisingly by the time we were on our way at 11.45 it was chucking it down, thunder, lightening, the full works. First time it has rained before 2pm. It's quite scary driving here in a storm, you can't see the road markings for one thing, sure you can in UK. Anyway, great lunch at Longhornes, has to be our favourite restaurant. We had fried green tomatoes for starter which I had never had before, absolutely delicious. The boys had steaks and I had the combo, steak sandwich and chowder. What with salads and bread it was a lot of food but excellent as always. Huge dessert to share and the bill was $60 ($10 less than Raglan Road!!).
So off to Universal in the rain. We don't mind the rain, least it cools everything now. Still pouring when we arrived and we hoped it would mean park not so busy. Went straight to US, queue for Minions 80 minutes and even Shrek was 60. The place seemed packed but we got straight on Transformers single rider. We are big fans of single rider. Most rides you can 't speak to the person next to you so don't really see the need to all be on together. Then checked HP and wait was 60 minutes, not bad but we went straight to MIB, first time I had seen a queue for single rider but still only 10 minute wait. Henry's favourite ride. He has is Sussed now and rarely gets below 500,000 points.
The sun came out by now and it was glorious for the rest of the day. Park seemed to have emptied out. We noticed RRR was working again, no one on it so just testing so Henry raced over there and we took a leisurely stroll. He waited about 20 minutes for single rider but was 5th in the queue when it started up again. Main queue was already 75 minutes. He was happy he got on as he loves the ride. Went on the mummy single rider and then took the HP train to Hogwarts and had a quick look round and got straight back on again as no queue both ways.
Got expensive butter beer ice creams but they tasted really good. Henry also got a frozen butter beer, well it will be a year till he can have another. The queue for Gringotts was 20 minutes so we decided to go through main queue for first time. Rode four times last year, twice this year but always single rider. Really enjoyed it, didn't realise other stuff went on in the queue. There was literally no one on single rider so got off and went straight back on.
Then spent an hour on MIB, zero queues now and just kept going on. I finally beat my best score and got 512,000. One last ride on ET and the night show started. Left after that and drove to Toojays for dinner and was very disappointed as it was only 9.20pm but they had stopped serving, we thought it was open till 10pm. So wasn't sure what to do, with hindsight we should have probably just gone back to WBC and made bacon rolls but ended up at Denny's at Crossroads. The food was good, we had Club Sandwiches but long wait and the place just isnt a patch on Toojays. Anyway, $37 for three sandwiches so not even cheap.
Too exhausted to go for a swim so we watched a couple of episodes of the Office US and didn't go to bed to 12.30. Staying up late this holiday. Usually have so many parks that we are in bed by 10pm, so much more relaxing, although a busy few days. Fours days left and no plans. Universal tickets have run out now.. We just have Aquatica and Disney Waterparks so will be fun. Will have some nice meals too and go back to our favourites.

Day 18 - Pool Day, Typhoon Lagoon and Toojays
Very lazy day today. Stayed at the pool all morning. Took part in Aqua Zumba which was very funny. Loads of people and the instructor just made us laugh all the way through with his "gangster moves". Live entertainment at 12 and were sad to see the usual guy not there but his replacement was excellent too. Haven't seen him before. Took Henry for lunch at the bar at tower 4. When I saw the food he ordered I immediately regretted not getting something myself as the fries were the best I had tasted. We had had more than enough sun by 2pm so back to the room for a while. Really into my talking book now. Was hoping I could save it for trip home but going to have to download something else as this won't last. Went to the ice cream social at 3. They have it here every day between 3 and 4. Big sundae for $3 or a float for $2. Henry and I decided on a spur of the moment visit to Typhoon Lagoon and left at 4. It's literally 5 minutes away so were I. Stayed in the waves for a while then a few slides and lazy river. Just getting into the raft on Crush n Gusher when the lightening started and we had to get out. Thankfully there hadn't been a queue so we hadn't wasted anytime. The sky was so dark and by this time 5pm so decided not point hanging around as park closed at 6. Then an almighty storm. Back at WBC just walking into foyer, the biggest crack of thunder I have ever heard. Screamed so loudly then realised the foyer was full of people. We all laughed.
So I wasn't going to let the rain stop me as there was a quiz was on at 6pm so went along ( on my own) only one other team turned up so a 12 year old kid from the team decided he would play on his own. He won!! Well atleast all the questions were about the U.S. And I managed to come joint second. We both got one point. They still gave us all a prize, a free draught beer so worth going along. It was still fun. To make things worse when I got back I asked David and Henry the questions and they knew 7 out of 10 of them. David missed out on 5 free draught beers which is always the prize. Oh well, next time.
Then off to Toojays for a lovely dinner, I discovered something call Matzo Ball Soup there last year, delicious. Had it with their stuffed chicken breast. Followed by a mini napoleon dessert. All excellent. The boys had burgers and lasagne and cheesecake which rivals Cheesecake Factory.
It's a bit of a drive to Toojays from WBC but I highly recommend it. Great service and a really good take out section too.
Popped into Wholefoods on the way home as needed milk etc. it's a lovely supermarket but I was so full from dinner that I couldn't bring myself to buy anything. Regretting it now as would have been nice to have one of their nice cakes with a cup of tea, might go back.
I was in bed by 10pm, just couldn't stay away any longer.

Day 19 - Cheesecake Factory, Fun Spot, Aquatica & Twistee Treat
We decided on a early lunch at Cheesecake Factory today so after a couple of hours at the pool we left WBC and took exactly 20 minutes to get to Mall of Millenia. Seated straight away and had a delicious meal. Ordered too much food as usual, two starters which were great but we could have gone without. After mains we could only manage one piece of red velvet cheesecake. Bill was $70. Needed to lie down after all that but instead we went to Fun Spot as Henry really wanted to go on the go carts again. He loved it. Then had a quick look around premium outlets. Only bought 24 Yankee candles for $20. It was so hot there, don't really like the outlets but David does.
So got to Aquatuca by 5pm and pretty empty. Went on loads of slides and then round the lazy river forever. Then noticed about 6.30 that the sky had suddenly got so dark, scary dark. So decided we had had enough. We weren't hungry enough for dinner again, we really can only manage one meal a day, so just went back to Twistee Treat and had three huge ice creams for $11. Popped into Winn Dixie which we only discovered on this trip and really like it. Henry bought lots of Twinkies to take home as they were bogo. $3.99 for 24. There's a place near where we live that sells them for £1.50 each!!
Drove home with a stunning lightening display for company. No rain until we were safely in our room and then it really came down. So just relaxed for a couple of hours. Think rain went on all night and today is the first morning we have got up and the sky isn't blue. Hopefully brighten up later. Were hoping to go Blizzard Beach. Don't mind going if raining but no point if stormy as slides won't be open.

Got back home this morning so just caught up.
Glad you like Twistee Treats, far better value than any park for ice cream.
Raglan Rd didn't sound good, we ate there a couple of times on free DDP but not somewhere I felt worth paying for OOP.
We had 2 meals onsite this trip which were both great, Whispering Canyon (even better with friends Cast member 50% off) and Trails end.
We were not supposed to be going into Disney but friends gave us their guest pass park hoppers, can't believe 3 x 1 day hoppers would now cost around $450, no way would I pay that for 1 day in Disney. We did Epcot in the morning, MK in afternoon then back to Epcot for drinks around the world & fireworks.

Hope you talk them into a cruise one day. That was our 8th with Disney, enjoying them more than the parks for now. While onboard I booked the West bound Transatlantic for next Sept, goes from Barcelona to New York with 3 ports between, 11 nights outside cabin with balcony £700pp(after discounts)

We stayed in 9 hotels this trip (incl cruise cabin) and the WBC bed was by far the most comfortable (and largest) of them all, amazing beds.

Got back home this morning so just caught up.
Glad you like Twistee Treats, far better value than any park for ice cream.
Raglan Rd didn't sound good, we ate there a couple of times on free DDP but not somewhere I felt worth paying for OOP.
We had 2 meals onsite this trip which were both great, Whispering Canyon (even better with friends Cast member 50% off) and Trails end.
We were not supposed to be going into Disney but friends gave us their guest pass park hoppers, can't believe 3 x 1 day hoppers would now cost around $450, no way would I pay that for 1 day in Disney. We did Epcot in the morning, MK in afternoon then back to Epcot for drinks around the world & fireworks.

Hope you talk them into a cruise one day. That was our 8th with Disney, enjoying them more than the parks for now. While onboard I booked the West bound Transatlantic for next Sept, goes from Barcelona to New York with 3 ports between, 11 nights outside cabin with balcony £700pp(after discounts)

We stayed in 9 hotels this trip (incl cruise cabin) and the WBC bed was by far the most comfortable (and largest) of them all, amazing beds.
Sounds like you have had another great holiday. Really glad you liked BC. I really love it here and has been so relaxing. Really made most of resort this year. Just sitting listening to the live entertainment which has unfortunately been moved inside due to weather, although stopped raining now. Brilliant singer and guitar player. Real shame as no one else here.
Only two nights left. Off to Longhornes now. Trying not to think about having to go home. Trying to console myself with the fact that we have a direct PE flight to Gatwick. We are only about 8 miles from there. Last two years been indirect to Heathrow. Don't think there's much hope of a Disney cruise anytime soon. Have to be the QM2 again or another ship that goes from Southampton. My mum doesn't want to fly anymore. We do have Rome to look forward to while our son is skiing in Italy.

Sounds like you have had another great holiday. Really glad you liked BC. I really love it here and has been so relaxing. Really made most of resort this year. Just sitting listening to the live entertainment which has unfortunately been moved inside due to weather, although stopped raining now. Brilliant singer and guitar player. Real shame as no one else here.
Only two nights left. Off to Longhornes now. Trying not to think about having to go home. Trying to console myself with the fact that we have a direct PE flight to Gatwick. We are only about 8 miles from there. Last two years been indirect to Heathrow. Don't think there's much hope of a Disney cruise anytime soon. Have to be the QM2 again or another ship that goes from Southampton. My mum doesn't want to fly anymore. We do have Rome to look forward to while our son is skiing in Italy.
We need to do a trip and try enjoy the resort, now been twice and spend a total of 30 mins in the pools and 1 walk around the lake in the rain.
I didn't bother getting the parking pass this time, took 2 mins to check in and get room keys.
We were indirect MCO~ORD~DUB~MAN which made for a long day but rather do that in lay flat seats than direct in Eco or PE. AA Biz class was amazing, Bubbly, filet steak, Baileys & lay flat seats, what more could anyone want when flying?
Still not been to Longhorns, or most other places you have mentioned. We need to try new places but we enjoy so many regular eateries.
We only have to work 10 weeks before our next trip, going to my Brothers villa in Tenerife in Nov.

Day 20 - Toojays, Blizzard Beach & Longhornes
Stayed by the pool till around 11. We were the only ones at tower 4 pool which is nice as can play with the ball without disturbing anyone. There's a lazy river there aswell which is great.
We decided we would give IHOP a try for brunch. Never been before but heard good things. Got to the one I Drive before 12 and I have never seen so many people queuing. Didn't want pancakes that much so made a quick detour to Toojays. They serve breakfast till 2 on a weekend. It was full up but only had to wait 10 minutes. Ordered way to much but it was great. Only second breakfast we have eaten out on this holiday. Try to avoid really and stick to one big meal a day just because you end up being so full you don't want to do anything. Bill was $30 and bought the waffles home as couldn't manage. Then back at BC just relaxed some more have done so much swimming and walking that I hope the scales are good to me when I get home!
Planned to go BB at 3 but then the thunder started and it poured down. Nice in a way as there was a really good Frank Sinatra documentry on HBO.
By 4 weather looking better so took a chance and went BB which is only a 10 minute drive. Slides closed when we got there but opened within 10 minutes. Park was deserted. There were hardly any cars in car park and don't think it was just due to weather. Things seem really quiet here now. So went on loads of slides and around the lazy river. We were literally the only ones in it.
Back at BC we listened to the live entertainment. Great young guitar player and singer.
We had planned on Cali Grill tonight to watch fireworks but had decided to cancel as I mucked up a bit on reservation time. Thought fireworks were at 9 so had booked table for 7 but fireworks actually 10. Not sure we could last 3 hours and with all the night time storms recently I had images of us standing in the pouring rain to watch!! So decided on Longhornes and so glad we did. Fantastic meal. We had three huge steaks aswell as starters. Henry even managed dessert. I think David had a 20 oz porterhouse and I had ribeye. All delicious and less than half the price of a steak in Cali Grill. So made right decision. Most expensive meal of holiday but still only $96.
Went for a long walk back at BC. I have a fitbit and hadn't reached my 10,000 target. Well I probably had but always take it off in waterparks.
We then settled down to watch Fear the Walking Dead and a quick swim afterwards as the weather had stayed good.
So another busy day. Last full day today. Depressing when you have to go home but feels like we have been here all summer. Heard weather not great in Uk so will make most if the sun today.

We need to do a trip and try enjoy the resort, now been twice and spend a total of 30 mins in the pools and 1 walk around the lake in the rain.
I didn't bother getting the parking pass this time, took 2 mins to check in and get room keys.
We were indirect MCO~ORD~DUB~MAN which made for a long day but rather do that in lay flat seats than direct in Eco or PE. AA Biz class was amazing, Bubbly, filet steak, Baileys & lay flat seats, what more could anyone want when flying?
Still not been to Longhorns, or most other places you have mentioned. We need to try new places but we enjoy so many regular eateries.
We only have to work 10 weeks before our next trip, going to my Brothers villa in Tenerife in Nov.
We never bother with parking pass. They just open the barrier for us every time and wave.
We are same with restaurants. Have our favourites. One added this year. Bosphorus one off the list, Lonestar. Twistee Treat on aswell but only ice cream!
Will have to look at the Dublin flights next year. Probably going beginning July but no idea what prices are then as not been before.
Glad you like BC enough to come back. Heard a few Englush accents this year so maybe it's catching on.

Really enjoying your TR. I wish I had kept notes of our trip now. I've been on 7 Disney holidays and I think I only managed TRs for the first two! Not very good really as, as you say, it's so nice to look back on later on.

I saw the signs for WBC and did wonder about the place remember yours and Wayne's recs. If I'd had more time I would have liked to have had a little look around. You will see from my 'highs and lows' that OKW wasn't really for us. But then, I like the idea of being within walking distance of one park (at least!), so perhaps a split stay with somewhere like WBC and beach club or the likes would be better for us if we do return. DH isn't keen although he never is and I've managed to sweet talk him every time! But even I think it will be 3-4 years before we consider again - like your thinking, I'd like to go back when some of the expansion is complete.

I agree about Discovery Cove - we loved it. Such an amazing day. My DD1 is 10 and although we've been abroad where she could snorkel before, she was really put off by the sea water/fresh water. So I thought that DC was a great way to get her into it without it being too frightening for her - I am so pleased I did as she is now converted and can't wait to go somewhere we can snorkel - she's getting her orders in for next year's holiday already - ha! I also felt the food was quite good, as I'd read so many people say it wasn't very good. I do think it depended what you chose - DH and I had the salmon and it was lovely.

It's funny as we've just come back and so were away overlapping you and apart from two days (one evening and our last day where it rained from 10.30 am until we left for the airport!), we have been so lucky with the weather. We were up and out pretty much most days though and then back to OKW for a nap in the afternoons so I think we missed most of the afternoon downpours. The weather was definitely better on the mornings on the whole - although some days were particularly scorching if there was no rain!

We loved Goofys Candy Store at DTD and on our last day (pouring rain day) we headed there to use up are 39 snacks - I kid you not!!! That was between 6 of us mind you. We got lots of sweets for the kids to take to school and for friends etc and also managed to get some biscuits and liquorice for presents for family! We did also manage to get a 'make your own treat' each which was totally amazing!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter